Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2011, 12:56 PM   #151
NordieBoy
Armature speller

Oddometer: 7,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG ED XT FAN View Post
That kiwi bird has a great to ride!
He does get a bit windswept and interesting...
Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1315166134447.jpg
Views: 1684
Size:  112.0 KB
Old 09-13-2011, 07:52 PM   #152
Kelly_O
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 316
Finally... a PIC!

I've been getting parts and great advice from you guys for more than a year. I took a ride yesterday, and a camera. The '84 600 overlooking Rifle, Colorado.

Kelly_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:17 PM   #153
Zahnarzt OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 255
[/QUOTE]

- for the bike and the view
Old 09-15-2011, 07:56 AM   #154
BIG ED XT FAN
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly_O View Post
I've been getting parts and great advice from you guys for more than a year. I took a ride yesterday, and a camera. The '84 600 overlooking Rifle, Colorado.

Nice photo. Do you cut off the rear loop of the frame?? And your headlight is not stock? TT600 Power!!
BIG ED XT FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:08 PM   #155
Kelly_O
Gnarly Adventurer

Hey Big Ed, The rear loop on the frame was gone when I bought the bike and the headlight/number plate say Yamaha. Got any idea what they might have been stolen from? Kelly.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:45 PM   #156
BIG ED XT FAN
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Hey Big Ed, The rear loop on the frame was gone when I bought the bike and the headlight/number plate say Yamaha. Got any idea what they might have been stolen from? Kelly.
Rear fender, my be a XR 400 fender, front, need a front shot of the light. Do you guys get snow anytime now?
Old 09-17-2011, 12:46 PM   #157
Kelly_O
Gnarly Adventurer

Hey Ed, Although we can get snow this time of year, afternoon high temps can still be in the 80s. The elevation here in town is only 5400 ft. The pic I posted is around 8500 ft. That make a noticable difference as far as temps and snow depths.

I took a look at the fenders on the TT. They are both Acerbis.

Enjoy your weekend, Kelly.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:42 AM   #158
autolycos
True vulgarian

Oddometer: 4,203
I was riding my '84 TT600 a couple days ago, and my choke button got stuck in the out position. I fiddled with it, and rode for a while, hoping it would come unstuck, but hasn't yet. Any inmates got advice on how to unstick it besides tearing apart the carb? If that's my only course of action, what kinds of things should I be looking for when I tear it apart to help keep it from happening again?
autolycos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:57 PM   #159
BIG ED XT FAN
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by autolycos View Post
I was riding my '84 TT600 a couple days ago, and my choke button got stuck in the out position. I fiddled with it, and rode for a while, hoping it would come unstuck, but hasn't yet. Any inmates got advice on how to unstick it besides tearing apart the carb? If that's my only course of action, what kinds of things should I be looking for when I tear it apart to help keep it from happening again?
You can take the assembly out of the carb without taking the carb off the bike. I think its a 8 mm nut that backs out. Just go slow. And clean it. Good Luck!!!
Old 09-22-2011, 11:23 PM   #160
dvgonzo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 329
Be sure and out a little dab of grease on it upon re-assembly too.
dvgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:36 AM   #161
Kelly_O
Gnarly Adventurer

Hey Big Ed...

As I recall, you mentioned somewhere that you had changed the shifter on your TT so your big ol' foot worked better. Wearing my petite size 13 A* boots creates a situation which makes upshifts all but impossible. What shifter do you use? Thanks, Kelly.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:13 PM   #162
BIG ED XT FAN
Beastly Adventurer

BIG FOOT Shifter??

Quote:
As I recall, you mentioned somewhere that you had changed the shifter on your TT so your big ol' foot worked better. Wearing my petite size 13 A* boots creates a situation which makes upshifts all but impossible. What shifter do you use? Thanks, Kelly.
Kelly, I put a TT600 shifter on my XT 600. Works OK with my size 15 boots!! I am going to get my TT shifter over to my buddies welding shop to try to get it longer. I let you know what happens. ED
Old 09-27-2011, 09:54 AM   #163
Zahnarzt OP
Gnarly Adventurer

TT600 for Sale?

Well TT lovers, I was afraid this day would come.
Over the last year or two, my hip joints have been slowly getting more and more painful.
It is now neary impossible to kick over my TT even though I have got it tuned to fire up on one or two cranks!
So, If there is anyone looking to purchase a very well cared for, well maintained 1984 TT600... Let me know.
I would really like to see it go to someone who wants to ride it, not just sell it for parts.
I have not put it up for sale locally or even in the Flea market.
It is just like the pic on the first post of this thread, but I will add pics and parts replaced when I have access from home.
I don't even know what to ask for price either so let me know what you think about that too.
Z
Old 09-27-2011, 08:49 PM   #164
BIG ED XT FAN
Beastly Adventurer

KICKER? up for Sale??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahnarzt View Post
Well TT lovers, I was afraid this day would come.
Over the last year or two, my hip joints have been slowly getting more and more painful.
It is now neary impossible to kick over my TT even though I have got it tuned to fire up on one or two cranks!
So, If there is anyone looking to purchase a very well cared for, well maintained 1984 TT600... Let me know.
I would really like to see it go to someone who wants to ride it, not just sell it for parts.
I have not put it up for sale locally or even in the Flea market.
It is just like the pic on the first post of this thread, but I will add pics and parts replaced when I have access from home.
I don't even know what to ask for price either so let me know what you think about that too.
Z
Yes, I think i am on the same path as you are Zahnarzt. Time to get the button. Only the yamaha wr 250r2 is the only choice to stay with yamaha. Or get the WR 450 with a plate? Or stuff a E-start Xt 600 motor into the TT600 frame? There was a guy in the U.K. who did the motor swap. The only two problems were the battery, and the top oil line. Fix the battery by mounting it on the side cover like the honda XL 650 bike. He went to a local hose store and made a oil line for him. Total cost was well under $1000 bucks. Had the TT600 free, purchase a XT 600 for under $400.00 crashed. Bent frame. Loves his e-start TT600. But you can get a road-legal e-start TT Yamaha over there anyway.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:09 AM   #165
Zahnarzt OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Button

Yep, It's about the button.
I have an 90 XT600 that is my dual sport ride. The TT600 has been my trail/MX if you can call it that.
I've been looking at an estart TTR or the like. It wouldn't hurt my feelings to have a lighter bike as well.
I had originally planned on moving west so the TT would have been ok, but I ended up in NC where it's single track and woods riding, not the strong suit of a TT600.