ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2012, 10:29 PM   #1306
Brainless_1
Loose Nut!

Oddometer: 1,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroblah View Post
Thank dog im not the only one that videos himself falling over for no reason

That was a big hole that Paapa J hit with all the dust in the air he couldnt see the hole
Brainless_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:49 PM   #1307
stater61
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Thank you guys for the replies. I also found a WR250F, so dang confusing. I can't get the guy ith the WR to answer the phone yet, don't know if it's plated or not.
JH
stater61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:18 AM   #1308
Brainless_1
Loose Nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stater61 View Post
Thank you guys for the replies. I also found a WR250F, so dang confusing. I can't get the guy ith the WR to answer the phone yet, don't know if it's plated or not.
JH

If plated and maintained the WR 250 F is a very excellent machine I sold a 2005 model when I bought my KLX back in December just remember that most of these bike are not meant to travel down the Highway .
Old 06-12-2012, 07:33 AM   #1309
zeroblah
Snot nosed kid

Oddometer: 325
Says the man not rebuilding an xr
Old 06-14-2012, 01:39 PM   #1310
stater61
Adventurer

Has anyone here had experience with plating a dirt bike? I've talked to a few people i know and recieved a different answer from each of them. According to the chart in the link below, it looks like you don't need turn signals or horn or a few other things that I've been told is necessary.
http://msf-usa.org/downloads/Equipme...11-MSFlogo.pdf

If I understand right you can plate a bike in NM IF the title doesn't say for dirt only (or however it's worded). I've got different replies on that also. Anyone know for sure or have a link.

Thanks, JH
Old 06-14-2012, 04:14 PM   #1311
ballistic_ken
Aaarrrrgh!

Oddometer: 5,211
Stater, whadya get?

The Duke abides!
ballistic_ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:10 PM   #1312
stater61
Adventurer

Nothing yet. I was going to prolly get the plated xr350, the owner says I need an e-start at my age. Hell I don't know which bikes can be plated much less which ones have e-start.

JH
Old 06-14-2012, 07:53 PM   #1313
papa_j OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 909
Quote:
Nothing yet. I was going to prolly get the plated xr350, the owner says I need an e-start at my age. Hell I don't know which bikes can be plated much less which ones have e-start.

JH
This is a thread on the subject that was recently posted. This thread applies to a lot of the motorcycles in the four corners area.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781816

I am not certain but if the scoot has a new mexico title you can just take the paperwork to the DMV and no fuss.

If the scoot has a Colorado title you need to have a vin inspection prior to changing the registration to your name. I am not sure what all is needed but I think the list includes: front light that will stay lit with engine off, horn, indicators, brake light.

If there is no title then I would continue looking. If no title (a lot of the scoots in Colorado have no title because it is not required) then you have this long drawn out process to get a legit title in your name (searching the police databases, insurance, bonding, more insurance, coupled with pain and suffering).

If the bike is from one of the Japanese companies, unless it was titled and plated in Colorado, you will likely never get a plate in New Mexico.

If the bike has ever been titled off-road only, even if it could have been titled street legal initially, you will likely never get a plate in New Mexico. So if someone screwed up the process on a KTM, for example, you are done.

The smaller companies still fly under the radar: beta, gas gas, KTM, Husqvarna. You can get most of those bikes street legal out the door. You still have to be careful how it was titled in the past.

In regards to the E-start. I like E-start. If you can't get an E-Start you might be able to install a anti-stall auto clutch to keep killing the engine in the tight stuff. The only trouble is an auto-clutch will set you back 1,000 bucks.

Your milage may vary.
papa_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:46 PM   #1314
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappa_j View Post

In regards to the E-start. I like E-start. If you can't get an E-Start you might be able to install a anti-stall auto clutch to keep killing the engine in the tight stuff. The only trouble is an auto-clutch will set you back 1,000 bucks.

Your milage may vary.
you can get a rekluse EXP for a lot of bikes for $400 + shipping to your door. I'm sad Rev Loc is gone, theirs were also very affordable and I like the unit in my RM, when the rest of the damn bike works that is...

That sucks NM has made plating such a pain, I hope CO doesn't follow suit, though I'm sure it eventually will.

No bike does everything perfectly. In fact, no bike does anything until someone gets on it to ride.

VxZeroKnots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:01 PM   #1315
stater61
Adventurer

Thanks for the link pappa j. I found an XR400 that a guy brought down from Colorado. Wouldn't you know it, he got it titled as an offroad only bike here in NM today.

JH
Old 06-14-2012, 09:06 PM   #1316
stater61
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
you can get a rekluse EXP for a lot of bikes for $400 + shipping to your door. I'm sad Rev Loc is gone, theirs were also very affordable and I like the unit in my RM, when the rest of the damn bike works that is...

That sucks NM has made plating such a pain, I hope CO doesn't follow suit, though I'm sure it eventually will.

Yessir, it seems like nothing is easy here in NM or inexpensive when a M/C is concerned.
JH
Old 06-14-2012, 09:32 PM   #1317
Brainless_1
Loose Nut!

Quote:
Yessir, it seems like nothing is easy here in NM or inexpensive when a M/C is concerned.
JH

Best to watch the western slope Craigslist and maybe Denver also.

A good used DR350 would be a good find for you!

A new Beta or Gas Gas would be a really great find
Old 06-14-2012, 09:35 PM   #1318
Brainless_1
Loose Nut!

The only bikes you should be looking at are Colorado titled bikes or New Mexico Street titled bikes Arizona and Texas Street titled might be other options
Old 06-14-2012, 09:44 PM   #1319
papa_j OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainless_1 View Post

A new Beta or Gas Gas would be a really great find
The 2013 4t Gas Gas' are yamaha engines with zokes/ohlins. I wish they would import some of those bad boys. That would be one sick ass dual sporter.
papa_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:48 PM   #1320
Brainless_1
Loose Nut!

Let Me help you out Stater61

http://westslope.craigslist.org/mcy/3070490032.html

http://westslope.craigslist.org/mcy/3049600923.html

http://westslope.craigslist.org/mcy/3053193835.html

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/mcy/3026629389.html

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/mcd/3032049501.html

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/mcd/3061533172.html

If I had the money I would buy that WR250 in Durango without even thinking about it ,the 05 I sold recently was probably the best rough terrain bike I ever owned!