Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Hacks > Hack Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2011, 09:16 AM   #61
ClearwaterBMW
The Examiner

Oddometer: 5,972
well... i hope there are maps that tell of places like that...
because, could surely never pass one of those gates

as for the dismantling... not sure i have the ability to do so
it'll be ok, but i'm sure there will be some "limitations" as to where i can go on that "road less traveled"
Live life like you mean it... but take your family and friends (and DOGS) along for the "ride"
ClearwaterBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:23 AM   #62
ClearwaterBMW
The Examiner

one more thing...
because my desire to carry 2 small kids, side-by-side in that 4" wider sidecar exceeds my need to travel through narrow gates, by a WIDE margin, i'm thrilled that jay and barry at DMC decided to create the DX model.
my garage is all ready to park her... if she'd only she get here
Live life like you mean it... but take your family and friends (and DOGS) along for the "ride"
Old 06-05-2011, 08:38 PM   #63
NortwestRider
TRIPOD ADVENTURER !!

Oddometer: 3,696
GARAGE.!!!,must be nice !!.Good looking rig..HAVE FUN WITH IT !!!!!!!!!.I have been out to DMC a few times ( only 30 miles from me) and I know some people don't really like Jay,but I found him to be a very nice guy and Barry is the MAN !!!.
Facebook..PNW Adventure Riders..Facebook
MY BUILD http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=938440
NortwestRider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:15 PM   #64
ClearwaterBMW
The Examiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NortwestRider View Post
GARAGE.!!!,must be nice !!.Good looking rig..HAVE FUN WITH IT !!!!!!!!!.I have been out to DMC a few times ( only 30 miles from me) and I know some people don't really like Jay,but I found him to be a very nice guy and Barry is the MAN !!!.
well... you've got to have a garage around these parts...
to darn hot
and i'm only 2 blocks from the (salt) water
not too good on stuff, in the long run

i'm glad you said those nice things about JAY and BARRY
they were a pleasure to work with in MY eyes, as well
and i truly think they outdid themselves with our rigs
Old 10-23-2011, 01:01 PM   #65
GScotty
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
M72DX, X, D, C weight

Hello,

Sorry to drag up a thread from June, but I am looking into hacking my F650GS (2007 single).

My brother owned a 1984 Moto Guzzi California II with a Velorex sidecar. I rode it and loved it. I also worked on the carburetors a lot! I have a pic of me flying the empty chair in a 360 in a large parking lot. The only bad thing was it bogged on steep upgrades and in heavy headwinds (Wyoming especially) and that made it a bear on the freeway.

How suitable is the M72 for a 50hp F650? Empty weight with a spoked wheel would be a good starting point. I like the look of the M72 and would like a seat and trunk instead of playing enduro sidecar racer with the platform and handrail.

Thanks,
Scott
GScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:03 AM   #66
jaydmc
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 965
My demo bike last winter was an F650GS single with our M72D sidecar, it worked really well, Another inmate now owns it and has posted photo's on the site in several places.
For your bike not only do we make the sidecar but we also offer an independent brake pedal for the brake as well as a leading link front end.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
www.dmcsidecars.com
866-638-1793
Attached Images

jaydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:04 AM   #67
jaydmc
Studly Adventurer

more photo's

Here is another photo of my last F650GS rig
Jay G
DMC sidecars
www.dmcsidecars.com
866-638-1793
Attached Images

Old 10-24-2011, 09:06 AM   #68
jaydmc
Studly Adventurer

photo

I found this bike to be a lot of fun, it was ok out on the highway and a blast in the snow.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
www.dmcsidecars.com
Attached Images

Old 08-04-2012, 02:36 PM   #69
1920BSMK1SV
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Uk handed sidecar ?

Anyone know if DMC do a sidecar for the uk market ? ie on the left of a machine said machine a 2012 R1200GSA ?
1920BSMK1SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:37 AM   #70
jaydmc
Studly Adventurer

We are taking orders for spring delivery.
Of course our steering modifications and car wheel set up works as these to not matter which side the sidecar is mounted on.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
866-638-1793
jay@dmcsidecars.com
Old 11-09-2012, 02:58 PM   #71
1920BSMK1SV
Adventurer

"Ordered One"

Thanks looking forward to my UK spec one arriving so i can scare small furry animals and kids in my village lol
not to many sidecars in our neck of the woods :)
Old 07-06-2013, 07:01 AM   #72
1920BSMK1SV
Adventurer

DMC Sidecar R1200GSA 2012 to 2013

Well I ordered a M72DX sidecar from DMC sidecars last Oct 2012 and now its July 2013 and I have asked to cancel the order as I think waiting 10 months is a bit crap :(
A pitty in a way I did want one to go on my then 2012 R1200GSA Triple Black (now sold) and I have a new 2013 R1200GSA 90th which when I bought that in march was going to fit the DMC sidecar on :( sadlly no reply of DMC and so 10 months on canceled order
I don't know how long you good folks in the USA wait for a DMC sidecar ? but in the good ole UK we can get one in 3 to 4 weeks from Squire watsonian sidecars I know 3 to 4 weeks that's to long to wait I want one yesterday :)
So good luck with anyone who bought a DMC rig ? sidecar :) I hope your enjoying yours
Slightly Annoyed Brit :(
Old 07-06-2013, 10:41 AM   #73
claude
Sidecar Jockey

Oddometer: 3,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1920BSMK1SV View Post
Well I ordered a M72DX sidecar from DMC sidecars last Oct 2012 and now its July 2013 and I have asked to cancel the order as I think waiting 10 months is a bit crap :(
A pitty in a way I did want one to go on my then 2012 R1200GSA Triple Black (now sold) and I have a new 2013 R1200GSA 90th which when I bought that in march was going to fit the DMC sidecar on :( sadlly no reply of DMC and so 10 months on canceled order
I don't know how long you good folks in the USA wait for a DMC sidecar ? but in the good ole UK we can get one in 3 to 4 weeks from Squire watsonian sidecars I know 3 to 4 weeks that's to long to wait I want one yesterday :)
So good luck with anyone who bought a DMC rig ? sidecar :) I hope your enjoying yours
Slightly Annoyed Brit :(
Sorry to hear that. Timelines can vary for all sidecar manufacturers. We have never set a drop dead due date but have also never had a dissatisfied customer that I know of. I would,, personally, rather say a far out date and come in earlier with delivery than visa versa. Right now we are probably out around 4 months with our own sidecars.

Founder: Internet Sidecar Owners Klub at SCT
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/SCT/

President: C Stanley Motorsports Inc.
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/...rsandTrailers/

http://freedomsidecars.com/
claude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:09 PM   #74
1920BSMK1SV
Adventurer

DMC Sidecar R1200GSA 2012 to 2013

I just had word back from DMC saying there just on with my sidecar now so im holding back a little longer but I cant see it been hear in the uk till the new year ? I may be wrong but I kinda got this feeling ?
There not cheap and I have invested a lot in it lets hope it lives up my expectations ? lol
Well they have had problems at DMC they were honest about that and I can understand your point about timelines just now 10 months on I was kinda worried about if they had forgot me lol

1920BSMK1SV screwed with this post 07-06-2013 at 12:15 PM
Old 07-06-2013, 12:41 PM   #75
jpalamar
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1920BSMK1SV View Post
I just had word back from DMC saying there just on with my sidecar now so im holding back a little longer but I cant see it been hear in the uk till the new year ? I may be wrong but I kinda got this feeling ?
There not cheap and I have invested a lot in it lets hope it lives up my expectations ? lol
Well they have had problems at DMC they were honest about that and I can understand your point about timelines just now 10 months on I was kinda worried about if they had forgot me lol
Considering the very, very narrow market for sidecar rigs and likely the people that are skilled at doing the custom work, and the outside vendors that do the little stuff like powder coating (but you need it, and if a powder coater in area goes out of business and the low volume of powder coating likely DMC does they probably have no leverage . . . ). But, you likely know all that and sadly not many places to get a custom hack/rig.

But, like poker, you now have the ante, a few raises so you've got to ride it out. Besides, other than Claude and starting all over again . . . well! Besides, you will be ecstatic with the end product. It's very, very high quality! Think high-end car market.

I love mine . . . and, it drives very well!