Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2011, 07:06 PM   #931
Meatn'taters
Not any more

Oddometer: 234
"The man arrived, and we walked across the street again, to talk to the people that needed talking to. The final decision, was to come back tomorrow."

Love the final decision - made me laugh. So foreign to my daily reality, and so real in your world. Keep on keepin' on Alex - lovin' the ride! Appreciate the sharing.

"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there".
Yogi Berra
Meatn'taters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:50 PM   #932
trail717
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigalsmith101 View Post
Ok guy and gals...

I will wait for the audience with the judge/prosecutor etc. I will use the time to repair my motorcycle, repack my bags, send useless things home, and reorganize my thoughts. I will explore the surrounding area, and enjoy my time like I have been for a while now.
Look forward to any 'bike expanded' posts of the area!!
trail717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:20 PM   #933
Si Vis Pacem
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
First post!

Alex, not that I know you from Adam, your adventure here has made me want to sign up and start planning my own adventures. You are the epitome of care free and all the risk/reward that goes with it. The good news is that we see all sides of that definition too.

Good luck and Vaya con Dios.
Si Vis Pacem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:37 PM   #934
tobster9
Sky larker

Oddometer: 118
makes great reading Alex........
Old 10-24-2011, 10:39 PM   #935
bigalsmith101 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 891
Yo yo yo.

D-Rail: There's a P.M. in your in box.

Meatn'taters: Life is in the moment here. So I've learned to take things as they come while I'm here. If you read back a couple posts, you'll see that I wrote something about returning to the lawyer on Monday, most likely to be told to wait till maybe Wednesday? I'll be lucky if I get the papers to retrieve the bike tomorrow! Hahaha.

trail717: I'm looking forward to getting out and seeing some things as well. If I do it right, I'll be heading to Cuenca again sometime soon to find myself a cheapo guitar to rock out on when I'm just "chillin."

brokent10: I enjoy my time wherever I am. I'll be here for another 3 weeks, so I might as well have fun while I'm here, right? Thanks for your compliment on the RR, I really appreciate it! I was thinking Alaska this summer, with Kristi. A Dr650 and Dr350 combo... We'll have to see how she feels about that.

Si Vis Pacem: First post man! At least you didn't end up posting over in FacePlant! If you stick around long enough you'll get to know what it's all about! All risk comes with rewards, and sometimes it gets intense, and we surely do get to see both sides of it! Thanks for the support man!

tobster9: Thanks man! There will be more to come!

--Alex

bigalsmith101 screwed with this post 10-24-2011 at 10:53 PM
bigalsmith101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:40 PM   #936
oalvarez
Resident Raggamuffin

Oddometer: 2,432
I agree with your decision to stay, it's the right thing to do, but easier said than done.

Good for you, stay busy and keep with the positive thoughts.

Soon come,
oalvarez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:58 PM   #937
bigalsmith101 OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
I agree with your decision to stay, it's the right thing to do, but easier said than done.

Good for you, stay busy and keep with the positive thoughts.

Soon come,
Yo! Thanks for the support amigo. Believe it or not, having been here for three weeks, I don't think three more will be an issue. The sun shines during the day, and I don't think I'll mind sitting in the park. Gotta get myself a guitar.

Ciao!

--Alex
Old 10-25-2011, 06:39 AM   #938
dave54
mindless thoughts

Oddometer: 56
Hi Alex,
Found your ride report and am happy to see your still in one relatively large piece with just a few small bits bolted on, so to speak.You have a great style of writing about your travels and your reflections on life show an understanding and insight into life`s meaning and purpose and its true potential for us all.Your living your life at this moment in time, travelling in South America and exploring the world around you.The world will find you ## and as you experience it, thoughts, feelings, emotions develope a strength, in a way you are creating an energy that can substain you in difficult times.You have got a strong bond with your family and friends.They trust you to know when to hold `em and when to fold `em.I can see folk on here cheering for you and in some cases becoming inspired by your adventures. We are grateful that you are really living your trip and can appreciate it for what it is.
Stay Safe
Dave54
ps Buy the biggest twin air horn you can find and blow that thing like your life depended on it
dave54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:19 AM   #939
thorzite
Ok, Hold my beer ...

Oddometer: 95
Good deal man

thorzite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:39 AM   #940
Operator7G
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
Hey, Alex -- just caught up on your ride report. Sounds like you're making the very best out of a bad situation. I, too, agree with your decision to stay for the final court session. All too often we see in the US where foreigners think they're above our laws, and it would be nice if they would think and act as you do. You are being a good ambassador for the US, even if it is in a rural town in Ecuador. At least when you leave, the locals will have a positive memory of the insanely tall gringo who visited one of the local schools and respected their laws. Kudos to you!
Operator7G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:48 AM   #941
Tall Mike
TAT Rookie (planning!)

Oddometer: 542
Hey Alex, great positive vibes! I sometimes wish the forum was more like Facebook so I could "Like" all the good comments! Cudos for capturing all the detail that makes your adventure unique; it makes it stand out from others and gives us perspective of what the adventure is REALLY like. Take care, and keep the faith!

stable: '05 DL1000,'06 DL650, '99 XR600R, '03 640ADV
Tall Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:55 PM   #942
N8G
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
I always look forward to reading your posts Alex! Excellent rr !
N8G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 04:46 PM   #943
bigalsmith101 OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave54 View Post
Hi Alex,
Found your ride report and am happy to see your still in one relatively large piece with just a few small bits bolted on, so to speak.... We are grateful that you are really living your trip and can appreciate it for what it is.
p.s. Buy the biggest twin air horn you can find and blow that thing like your life depended on it
Hey Dave, thanks for the kind words! I like to make it a point when I am traveling to take life as it comes, so the energy to stay positive comes naturally as well. What is happening to me is all normal, and when I accept normality for what it is wherever I am, well, it's easy to be relaxed and in a good mood!

That air horn is a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorzite View Post
good deal man,
Hey Thorzite, thanks for keeping up with the RR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operator7G View Post
Hey, Alex -- just caught up on your ride report. Sounds like you're making the very best out of a bad situation. I, too, agree with your decision to stay for the final court session. All too often we see in the US where foreigners think they're above our laws, and it would be nice if they would think and act as you do. You are being a good ambassador for the US, even if it is in a rural town in Ecuador. At least when you leave, the locals will have a positive memory of the insanely tall gringo who visited one of the local schools and respected their laws. Kudos to you!
Hey Operator7G, I like to think I'm making the best out of a boring situation. Nothing is so bad here except that I am required to wait. Yea, I was slightly broken, but that was more on an inconvenience, and even made me laugh a time or too. Dammit. AGAIN? Haha. Sometime in the following weeks that I am here, I'll head up to the Orphanage to help out over there. I guess the kids like to climb all over the helpers/workers, so I'll need a stronger left collarbone first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Mike View Post
Hey Alex, great positive vibes! I sometimes wish the forum was more like Facebook so I could "Like" all the good comments! kudos for capturing all the detail that makes your adventure unique; it makes it stand out from others and gives us perspective of what the adventure is REALLY like. Take care, and keep the faith!
Hey Tall Mike. How tall are you? Giving me a run for my money? Thanks for the compliment on the RR, I'm glad that you like it. The faith I enjoy keeping is the simple belief that everything will be fine. You believe that, and well, everything else is easy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8G View Post
I always look forward to reading your posts Alex! Excellent rr !
Yo Nate! Keep up the good work on the home front!

Some fellow motorcyclists have to visit yesterday, and left this morning. I've got some photos to post, and some new (basically the same) updates concerning my bike.

Ciao!

--Alex
Old 10-25-2011, 09:25 PM   #944
D-RAIL
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
Pelican

Muchas gracias amigo! Pelican it is. Final answer.

Thanks for taking time to respond amigo.
D-RAIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:13 PM   #945
bigalsmith101 OP
Studly Adventurer

Damn straight

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-RAIL View Post
Muchas gracias amigo! Pelican it is. Final answer.

Thanks for taking time to respond amigo.

For all of those that didn't read the P.M's (no one did) that went between D-Rail and I, he asked if I would go back to Pelican Cases after the Happy Trail Panniers.

In a concise answer.

I will not ever go back to Aluminium panniers after I get home. Pelican case all the way.

Final Answer.

--Alex