User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2012, 07:56 AM   #166
BatCountry
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Thumb

Hey Sailah, nice fab work with the rad guards and skid plate! I just bought a TXC 511 with intentions of plating the bike also. I picked up the stock headlight and taillight assemblies for the TE. There is no harness for the headlight on the TXC but i am wondering if i can just order the harness/ adapter OEM and plug at least the headlight right in??? There is a plug with a lot of wires coming in and just a few coming out behind the number plate. I am thinking that the TXC shares the same main wiring as the TE but uses a different connector for use with just the start and kill button. I see that it has a pickup on the brake caliper for a magnetic speedo and the clutch has a hydraulic switch that i'm guessing i can hook a brake light to, dunno haven't traced that wire back. It would be great to have a wiring diagram for the TE, anyone out there have one on PDF, download?
rode the bike once and absolutely love it!
oh and yes my first post ever!
BatCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:13 AM   #167
AZuwere
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 368
Nice Rack!

Found another new item for not only our 449/511's, but also older Huskys. Check out these rear racks.

http://nomadic-racks.com/index.php?o...roduct=4123571
'09 Vespa GTS 250
AZuwere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:24 PM   #168
grinder96
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZuwere View Post
Found another new item for not only our 449/511's, but also older Huskys. Check out these rear racks.

it says 2011, but it wont fit the 449/511 if its fitting 08' through 10'....I have seen a few places saying fitment through 2011,, but its completely different. especially when its specifying 450 and 510 model bikes.
nice looking though!
grinder96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:19 PM   #169
sailah
Lampin' it

Oddometer: 5,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatCountry View Post
Hey Sailah, nice fab work with the rad guards and skid plate! I just bought a TXC 511 with intentions of plating the bike also. I picked up the stock headlight and taillight assemblies for the TE. There is no harness for the headlight on the TXC but i am wondering if i can just order the harness/ adapter OEM and plug at least the headlight right in??? There is a plug with a lot of wires coming in and just a few coming out behind the number plate. I am thinking that the TXC shares the same main wiring as the TE but uses a different connector for use with just the start and kill button. I see that it has a pickup on the brake caliper for a magnetic speedo and the clutch has a hydraulic switch that i'm guessing i can hook a brake light to, dunno haven't traced that wire back. It would be great to have a wiring diagram for the TE, anyone out there have one on PDF, download?
rode the bike once and absolutely love it!
oh and yes my first post ever!
Thanks man. I bought the stock Husky taillight with fender that is a direct fit. I'm not totally sure, but pretty sure the wiring diagrams are different between the two. I know what you mean by that BMW plug up front, but I don't think it will work in that there's no provision for the wiring relays etc. I plan on making my own dual sport wiring with dual relays for the headlights and some aux lighting, plus a Blue Seas fuse block for things like 12v plug and heated grips.

Here's what I have so far. I bought a left switch from a Yamaha FZ1 FI unit so no choke. It's a little chunky but I like the feel of the switch units better than that cheap ass Tusk unit. Plus it was about $20 on ebay. I bought a tusk horn, hydraulic brake switch (just for front, not doing on the rear) and a LED flasher unit. I have Sicass flush mount LED flashers and am getting Highway Dirtbikes handguards with blinkers for the front. And an X2 headlight...although I do have a top secret headlight I am looking to get prototyped very soon that will replace it, stay tuned for details its going to be awesome

I have a good riding buddy local who is an electrical whiz with dual sporting things. I plan to bring the bike over to his house and have him help me map out the details which I will be happy to share with you depending on where you are in the process.

Sent you a PM regarding factory service manual and owners manual.

Nessmuk
sailah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:17 PM   #170
sailah
Lampin' it

Jd Jetting tuner installed today. Hardest part was finding the stupid injector plug I was supposed to unclip

First find injector body and unplug stock switch, plug in JD jetting FI tuner

Connect ground

Mild to wild, acc pump tuning and everything in between.

Haven't run it yet but is supposed to fatten it up and get rid of the stock lean setting for EPA, stops flameouts. etc. *Adjustable on the fly, will prob end up mounting somewhere on the new headlight I'm scheming up.

Nessmuk
Old 01-04-2012, 09:02 PM   #171
AZuwere
Gnarly Adventurer

I added the tuner last weekend. I can't say I notice it does much of anything, let's see what you think.
'09 Vespa GTS 250
Old 01-05-2012, 06:49 AM   #172
sailah
Lampin' it

Quote:
I added the tuner last weekend. I can't say I notice it does much of anything, let's see what you think.
Do you have the te exhaust or aftermarket? Jumper installed?

Mine has the akro with 02 sensor bypassed I think it's necessary to get the results but thats just what I read on the internet

Nessmuk
Old 01-05-2012, 08:20 AM   #173
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailah View Post

Mine has the akro with 02 sensor bypassed I think it's necessary to get the results but thats just what I read on the internet
I just ordered one, my TE flames out a lot especially in colder (>30*F) conditions. I pray the JD tuner makes a difference.

No bike does everything perfectly. In fact, no bike does anything until someone gets on it to ride.

VxZeroKnots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:41 AM   #174
BatCountry
Adventurer

Quote:
I have a good riding buddy local who is an electrical whiz with dual sporting things. I plan to bring the bike over to his house and have him help me map out the details which I will be happy to share with you depending on where you are in the process.
Hey that would be great Sailah! I think i'll just run my own wires and fuse right off the battery for now as a temporary and see what your buddy comes up with. and yeah the top secret lighting...can't wait to see what you come up with there
Old 01-05-2012, 11:34 AM   #175
sailah
Lampin' it

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatCountry View Post
Hey that would be great Sailah! I think i'll just run my own wires and fuse right off the battery for now as a temporary and see what your buddy comes up with. and yeah the top secret lighting...can't wait to see what you come up with there
Trust me it's going to be awesome

Nessmuk
Old 01-05-2012, 01:11 PM   #176
AZuwere
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailah View Post

Stock exhaust, jumper installed, map II loaded, and O2 sensor removed. I'm going to be riding with another TE449 Sunday that is 2 weeks older than mine, so we can do a bike-bike comparison.
'09 Vespa GTS 250
Old 01-05-2012, 01:14 PM   #177
AZuwere
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:

Nevermind. The manufacturer discovered they DO NOT have a rack for the TE449's yet and will remove it from the web page. They are looking for a SoCal owner that would be willing to bring their bike in for measuring purposes....anyone?
'09 Vespa GTS 250
Old 01-05-2012, 01:23 PM   #178
sailah
Lampin' it

Quote:
Stock exhaust, jumper installed, map II loaded, and O2 sensor removed. I'm going to be riding with another TE449 Sunday that is 2 weeks older than mine, so we can do a bike-bike comparison.
I think that the stock exhaust with cat is a problem for running the higher tunes. Not totally sure but I do recall that being discussed in the cafehusky thread.

I'm going to see how it goes with it. My bike ran real strong with just the jumper so interested to see what it's like with the tuner.

Nessmuk
Old 01-05-2012, 01:38 PM   #179
BatCountry
Adventurer

Didn't see this rack discussed on here but i'm sure youv'e all seen it at TourTech. I doubt it would even hold 20lbs but it is bad ass looking for a rack. Not sure were / what it bolts to other than throught he plastic ont he tail.
http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/P...arna-TE449-511
Old 01-05-2012, 01:52 PM   #180
grinder96
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,276
Quote:
careful, I read (on the intraweb) that running the richer map II and or JD controller can plug up the cat..
grinder96 is offline   Reply With Quote