User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2011, 03:31 AM   #91
bobnoxious67
Baby steps...

Oddometer: 2,155
Love my Cyra Pro Bends.

Highway Dirt Bike sells a complete system that is top notch.

01 Girlie
09 TE450
bobnoxious67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 05:54 AM   #92
DorsetBlue
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbreisch View Post
has anyone put on the OEM handguards? I am trying to figure out how they fit and best I can tell is I need to remove the rubber covers on the brake and clutch levers, and replace them with the guards. The rubber sleeves seem like the kind of bits that are easy to pull off but a nightmare to get back on, so I want to be sure before I start yanking.

If you haven't run those, what are some good aftermarket models?
I replaced originals (no protection really) with Barkbusters, see piccy in post #81.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:44 AM   #93
jamesdemien
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 556
I went with the Acerbis handgaurds.

I've tested them and they'll actually protect your levers in a get off and your hands when slaloming trees.

The ones that came with the bike are kind of a joke. Get the Rally Pro as it comes with the adapters you need to fit the fat bars on your bike out of the box. The cheaper versions do not include these.

Gateway BMW Motorcycles St. Louis | Digital Marketing Strategy | Alaska Trip Wishlist | SPOT | Vimeo
jamesdemien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:46 AM   #94
jamesdemien
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
The 51E 1 denotes you have a te 449, (the 310 is E41E) . If you have it set to map 2 then it should say something along the lines of SEL 1 FAIL then SEL 2 and vice versa if you have map 1 set. I run map 1 so i get E41E SEL 2 FAIL SEL 1, which is pretty much just saying i have a TE 310 on map 1. The fail message is just telling you it didn't load that map.

This is all from what I have gathered over at cafehusky, and sometimes the bike shows it on startup sometimes not, in either case it is innocuous. If anyone thinks I am spreading misinformation let me know and I'll edit my post as I mention this is just what I gathered from my own research into the matter.

YMMV
Good to know. Thanks

Gateway BMW Motorcycles St. Louis | Digital Marketing Strategy | Alaska Trip Wishlist | SPOT | Vimeo
jamesdemien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:58 PM   #95
AZuwere
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 365
I've got Cycras coming for my new TE449. Has anyone found a skid plate or a pipe guard (besides Touratech)? In a week's time I've burned a two fingers, a riding jacket and a pair of jeans.
'09 Vespa GTS 250
AZuwere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:59 PM   #96
OhioPT
Adventure Wannabe

Oddometer: 1,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdemien View Post
I went with the Acerbis handgaurds.

I've tested them and they'll actually protect your levers in a get off and your hands when slaloming trees.

The ones that came with the bike are kind of a joke. Get the Rally Pro as it comes with the adapters you need to fit the fat bars on your bike out of the box. The cheaper versions do not include these.

No offense, but those handguards are terrible. They bend way too easy. I have 3 sets in my garage to prove it, and everyone else I know that has them will agree with me. The best value handguards are the ones from Enduro Engineering (also rebadged as Moose Racing and MSR handguards). More expensive but a little better design are the Cycra Pro-Bends. These are the two types of wrap around handguards that you will see almost all the guys using at enduros (including the Pros). Acerbis has a newer design called the Multi Concepts, which looked a lot like the Cycra Pro-Bends, but are less expensive: http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...WT.MC_ID=10010 I would be willing to try those, but never again with the Rally Pros.
OhioPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:43 PM   #97
little_twin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZuwere View Post
I've got Cycras coming for my new TE449. Has anyone found a skid plate or a pipe guard (besides Touratech)? In a week's time I've burned a two fingers, a riding jacket and a pair of jeans.
The damn bike is going to destroy pants non stop, pipe guard or not. The header sticks out very far. Im glad I never got into the over the boot style pants. P3 (i think) makes a carbon pipe guard that might help you.

Mecasystems makes a skid plate and radiator braces. I have the radiator braces and the fit is superb. I got them from Charlie at Rally Management Services.
little_twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 03:55 PM   #98
AZuwere
Gnarly Adventurer

P3 pipe guard ordered, good suggestion.
'09 Vespa GTS 250
Old 12-08-2011, 06:29 PM   #99
grinder96
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,275
I picked my 2011 TE449 up two days ago. Really enjoying it so far!!! glad to know this thread exists, especially when new products start becoming more readily available!!!!
grinder96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:12 AM   #100
AZuwere
Gnarly Adventurer

Might as well start adding shared knowledge on farkles here to help each other.

Rally Systems Management added the Meca Systems skid plate and radiator guards to their website Wednesday. Uptite and Motosportz are working on skid plate and muffler guard protos.

Cycra pro bends will mount up but not without difficulty (throttle bind) on the throttle side. Their new spacer fix on the clamp end helps.

Touratech has one of the longest lists of available accessories so far. Ordered bar risers from them yesterday.
'09 Vespa GTS 250

AZuwere screwed with this post 12-09-2011 at 01:14 AM Reason: Typo
Old 12-09-2011, 01:13 AM   #101
AZuwere
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinder96 View Post
I picked my 2011 TE449 up two days ago. Really enjoying it so far!!! glad to know this thread exists, especially when new products start becoming more readily available!!!!
Grinder, did your dealer install the map2 jumper for you on delivery? Makes it run nice!
'09 Vespa GTS 250
Old 12-09-2011, 05:13 AM   #102
sailah
Lampin' it

Oddometer: 5,062
Well this thread is close enough to what I just bought. Got an 2011 TXC449.

Actual bike

Basically the price difference between the TE and TXC was such that I am dual sporting mine with my choice of components.

I have a BRP top triple with Scotts Submount coming, TrailTech X2 headlight, Highway dirtbikes top clamp with handguards and integrated LED blinkers, Trailtech Vapor w/dash, factory Husky LED taillight and Sicass flush rear blinkers. I think it was just slightly more than the TE but I got some trick stuff.

I've been thinking of a way to run a tail bag and also to cover the gas filler. I fabbed up a prototype of 3/8" alum plate (). I'm going to run mounts down to the frame that I will weld on. The rack pivots forward to fill and should keep a lot of mud from collecting in that hollow. The rear of the rack will be secured by a pin that I will turn on the lathe and a cotter for quick release. I have a dirtbikegear.com enduro tool bag coming to mount. I will def remake it from lighter plate as 3/8" is so overkill but its all I had and I have a big ride coming for the maiden voyage.

I also plan to work on an aux fuel tank on the clutch side. Most likely will be either a SS FZ1 stock exhaust welded shut or a KTM 950 pipe. Removeable and will run gravity feed to the bottom of the clear subtank. Haven't really looked at this closely, just my thought. Should give another gallon or so.

I plan on making my own rad guards and skidplate but haven't gotten around to it as the bike is still at the dealer getting prepped. I'll post up a how to if anyone wants to copy those.

Nessmuk
sailah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:41 AM   #103
grinder96
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,275
I got the jumper but it is in a bag. Don't even know where it goes How much improvement does it provide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZuwere View Post
Grinder, did your dealer install the map2 jumper for you on delivery? Makes it run nice!
grinder96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:26 AM   #104
sailah
Lampin' it

Oddometer: 5,062
Is that jumper provided with new bikes or is it a super secret handshake?

Nessmuk
sailah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:10 AM   #105
little_twin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailah View Post
Is that jumper provided with new bikes or is it a super secret handshake?
Comes with every new bike, and it makes a night and day difference in the way it runs.
little_twin is offline   Reply With Quote