Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2011, 07:19 PM   #121
grinder96
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,276
I checked for loose bolts after my ride and the kickstand bolt was one of them. So out it came, in to the lath and ta-da no more pin on my my kick stand bolt!! Now it works like a normal kickstand!!!! also lost a bolt holding the black tail light/ license plate monstrosity on... a couple of loose bolts but most every thing else seemed tight!!

grinder96 screwed with this post 12-12-2011 at 11:32 AM
grinder96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:14 AM   #122
DorsetBlue
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by grinder96 View Post
I checked for loose bolts after my ride and the kickstand bolt was onr of them. So out it came, in to the lath and ta-da no more pin on my my kick stand bolt!! Now it works like a normal kickstand!!!! also lost a bolt holding the black tail light/ license plate monstrosity on... a couple of loos bolts but most every thing else seemed tight!!
So far I have lost one of the bolts holding on the number plate assembly and I also lost the bolt, space and rubber band for holding up the sidestand. Going round my bike with loctite at the moment.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:38 AM   #123
grinder96
Beastly Adventurer

picture of the adjusted kickstand bolt....
Attached Images

Old 12-12-2011, 12:39 PM   #124
pbreisch
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
so all this talk of loose bolts, I went and checked my bike... it has 6 miles on it... and I am missing the 2 bolts that hold the license plate fender on...

can anyone please tell me what size they are so I can get some replacements and lock tite them in there.
pbreisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:21 PM   #125
grinder96
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbreisch View Post
so all this talk of loose bolts, I went and checked my bike... it has 6 miles on it... and I am missing the 2 bolts that hold the license plate fender on...

can anyone please tell me what size they are so I can get some replacements and lock tite them in there.

its a M6 x 1.00 don't know the length though....
Old 12-13-2011, 02:24 AM   #126
DorsetBlue
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
Quote:
its a M6 x 1.00 don't know the length though....
Actually I think I 'temp'ed' mine with a standard M8 bolt but the Husky part has a smaller head (make it easier to access in a very tight area) - so it looks like a M6 but has a M8 thread. Could be wrong though.

Part number Z000 62729 I think.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:29 AM   #127
grinder96
Beastly Adventurer

if that's true i wil have to go fix mine. I lost one of the black sub fender bolts and used the lower reflector bolt to replace it...no wyou have me wondering if I stuffed a M6 in a M8 hole????? thought it tightened up...Ill give it a check!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorsetBlue View Post
Actually I think I 'temp'ed' mine with a standard M8 bolt but the Husky part has a smaller head (make it easier to access in a very tight area) - so it looks like a M6 but has a M8 thread. Could be wrong though.

Part number Z000 62729 I think.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:27 AM   #128
jamesdemien
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 609
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbreisch View Post

There were supposed to be bolts holding that on...that explains this.

Old 12-19-2011, 06:16 AM   #129
sailah
Lampin' it

Oddometer: 5,362
Got my new TXC449 out this week down in Hatfield McCoy. I literally had not ridden it one foot.

First day I got some heat cycles on it and rode with a couple 950SE and a Berg 390. Bike did very well, motor and FI are excellent. Couple flameouts.

Suspension was incredibly harsh. I'm 220 before gear and thought I would soften it up. Nope.

The next day I backed the compression all the way out and it made a huge difference. Not sure how long the KYB stuff needs to break in but it's already worlds better. I'll get some more hours on it this winter than change it out in the spring and really see how it does.

Nessmuk
sailah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:51 PM   #130
AZuwere
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 368
I found another new product that is available for our TE499's. Tuggers (lift straps) now has a rear strap that fits the big ass on our TE449's. The existing front strap on their site was no issue.
Here are a couple of pictures of the front and rear straps installed. The rear attaches to the two subframe bolts under the fender. These will come in handy for moving the thing around in the garage without burning myself. Hopefully I won't need them for picking it up off the trail.
Touratech offers these also, I thought it was nice to support a little Utah company.

I've given up trying to figure out how you guys are getting more than one photo to show up directly, (used to be able to post up many) so here are two links for the front and back install:

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...uggerfront.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...Huggerrear.jpg
'09 Vespa GTS 250
AZuwere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:43 PM   #131
grinder96
Beastly Adventurer

thanks AZuware!

also product wise, count Leo Vince out! I really like their muffler on my SM610 So I called them today to see if they have one for the 449 or at least one in the works....neither!!!

So that leaves us with:
Akropovic - full system = 1200-1900 (they make it but it is hard to find a price)
Pro circuit - full system = $ 999.95
FMF - slip on - $300
Cut the cat out of the original exhaust - 3 bucks for rivets?(sorry, i used to own a KLR)

Other exhaust options?
Old 12-19-2011, 09:11 PM   #132
grinder96
Beastly Adventurer

my gas cap does not thread properly, sometimes leaks fuel... any one else experience this??
Old 12-20-2011, 05:30 AM   #133
AZuwere
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailah View Post
Got my new TXC449 out this week down in Hatfield McCoy. I literally had not ridden it one foot.

First day I got some heat cycles on it and rode with a couple 950SE and a Berg 390. Bike did very well, motor and FI are excellent. Couple flameouts.

Suspension was incredibly harsh. I'm 220 before gear and thought I would soften it up. Nope.

The next day I backed the compression all the way out and it made a huge difference. Not sure how long the KYB stuff needs to break in but it's already worlds better. I'll get some more hours on it this winter than change it out in the spring and really see how it does.
By backed out, you mean turned adjusters counter clockwise? I had the same impression of my new TE449 and I'm still trying to dial it in.
'09 Vespa GTS 250
AZuwere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 06:17 AM   #134
sailah
Lampin' it

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZuwere View Post
By backed out, you mean turned adjusters counter clockwise? I had the same impression of my new TE449 and I'm still trying to dial it in.
Yep. Mine were 11 clicks out and I ran them all the way out, I think 18 clicks. I also slowed down the rebound. Didn't touch the HS damping at all. I plan on running them as is for the winter/spring then possibly sending them out if I can't get them to work with different oil/level/clickers.

Nessmuk
Old 12-20-2011, 06:19 AM   #135
sailah
Lampin' it

Quote:
my gas cap does not thread properly, sometimes leaks fuel... any one else experience this??

No but I'll give them the reward for the dumbest gas cap placement. I'm constantly trying to not knock dirt in the tank. I even mounted a large tail bag just behind the cap to keep dirt from landing on it.

Nessmuk