Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2012, 04:47 PM   #91
Cal
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 757
Wow gr8grins I wonder what all 112 million inhabitants of Mexicos mouths look like? Full of decay and infection
Price has little to do with quality work even in my trade of carpentry.
I've been to the dentist in Mexico and Canada many times and the Canadian dentists have always complimented the work I have had done down south so maybe the Canadian dentists are not as good as the U.S. dentists?
By the way my wife is a registered dental assistant and supports my mexican dental visits.

Cal screwed with this post 12-17-2012 at 05:03 PM
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:56 PM   #92
Cal
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejones View Post
I spent 32 years selling pharmaceuticals for two major companies; one of which was Swiss. I have called on and discussed medicine, pharmacy products, and a million other topics with MD's, DO's, PA's, NP's, DMD's, DDS's and other highly credentialed professionals, many of which were born in other countries and educated, and trained in other countries. I don't like to generalize, but if there was a common thread, it was they thought medicine was practiced better in the US.
I have been able to travel a lot in other countries, and one of my observations was that people were less obese and generally looked healthier in Europe and Japan. I am not convinced that medicine is better here. The United States is too bogged down in medical malpractice issues and that is what drives up most of our prices, for care and for pharmaceuticals. Other countries are not as burdened by the preditory legal profession and thus can put more emphasis on progressive care.
That's my opinion.
Now heres a man with his eyes wide open.
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:02 PM   #93
PirateJohn
Banned

Oddometer: 22,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejones View Post
I spent 32 years selling pharmaceuticals for two major companies; one of which was Swiss..

Not to diss all salesfolks Ace, but that reminds me of a somewhat related story. I was with friends and somehow the subject of asthma came up and I commented that, as someone who had childhood asthma but had "outgrown" it, that I had reservations about the way asthma was treated in the USA.

Pretty soon thereafter this gal that was at the party started to imply that I was gay, pretty much out of the blue.

Turned out later that she was a rep for a pharma company, and that her career was heavily invested in their line of drugs that treated all asthma as an allergy.

Anyway, back to Mexican dental work. I am pretty damned happy with my "cheap" Mexican work. A fraction of the cost of the US product, no hassles, no bad attitudes (they sent a runner down to the local bar to get me a shot when I was sitting there killing time and joked about needing a drink ), and they finally seem to have gotten rid of a problem that had lingered for 35 years and several treatments in the USA.
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:15 PM   #94
Craneguy
British Hooligan

Oddometer: 1,038
I had 2 crowns, 3 fillings and a cleaning done down here about 5 years ago. It cost about $400 and I've had no problems at all.

A friend of mine went to a dentist in Texas and they broke the tooth next to the one they were supposed to be fixing. They quoted me $8,000 for the above work. I found about my friend before I agreed to have it done thank heavens.

Dental and medical care down here can be excellent or terrible, just like anywhere else. Do your research and get personal recommendations from people who like to smile a lot.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:31 PM   #95
RickS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 494
My teeth hurt just reading and thinking about this thread!
RickS is offline   Reply With Quote