Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2011, 12:33 PM   #136
bluepoof
insert pithy saying here

Oddometer: 437
Yay! I wore it to work today, too. It's super comfortable!
Old 08-25-2011, 10:07 PM   #137
AKLiz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 259
I am really digging the looks of the suit! Now I just need to scare up some cash so I can order one....Bluepoof, will you be writing up a review by any chance?
AKLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:13 AM   #138
bluepoof
insert pithy saying here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKLiz View Post
Bluepoof, will you be writing up a review by any chance?
Mais oui! I want to put a few more miles on it first, though, otherwise it'll just be "it's pretty".
Old 08-26-2011, 10:53 PM   #139
AKLiz
Gnarly Adventurer

Hahaha!! Excellent! Since I'm going to have to wait a while before ordering mine, I'm not too worried. I'm actually really curious to hear how your suit (you got the ivory, right?) shows dirt or doesn't show dirt. That color's on my short list - my bikes are both red and a lot of the other colors that I love (that plum burgundy!) would clash pretty badly. Thanks in advance
Old 08-27-2011, 12:10 AM   #140
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,723
Quote:
Hahaha!! Excellent! Since I'm going to have to wait a while before ordering mine, I'm not too worried. I'm actually really curious to hear how your suit (you got the ivory, right?) shows dirt or doesn't show dirt. That color's on my short list - my bikes are both red and a lot of the other colors that I love (that plum burgundy!) would clash pretty badly. Thanks in advance
we are working on a plum suit. it will be completed in the next 2 weeks. hopefully we will see some pictures of that soon too.
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:04 PM   #141
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Another great shot of the Revolution
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bluepoo...n/photostream/
Old 09-01-2011, 02:50 PM   #142
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

The Revolution in Plum. the pictures dont do it justice. this color is absolutely fantastic
Attached Images

Old 09-01-2011, 02:50 PM   #143
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

another shot of the plum
Attached Images

Old 09-01-2011, 02:51 PM   #144
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

For those too lazy to click on the picture links:

Old 09-05-2011, 10:20 PM   #145
AKLiz
Gnarly Adventurer

I'm hoping you can answer a question for me...after watching my husband easily stuff his Aerostich Darien overpants and jacket in his panniers at the fair today, I started wondering... How well will the Revolution fit inside a pannier for those times you don't want to wander around in public looking like a stormtrooper/astronaut/teenage mutant ninja turtle? Thanks for answering!

Oh, and while I'm thinking about it, the available colors will be staying the same for a while right? So if I can't order until spring, I should still be able to choose from the listed colors?

Liz
Old 09-06-2011, 09:04 AM   #146
bluepoof
insert pithy saying here

Quote:
How well will the Revolution fit inside a pannier for those times you don't want to wander around in public looking like a stormtrooper/astronaut/teenage mutant ninja turtle? Thanks for answering!
Mine fits easily in my Givi top case (E360, 40L capacity). I can't fit much else in the top case when the suit is in there -- gloves, GPS, a thin sweatshirt -- but the same was true for my separate jacket and pants.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:38 PM   #147
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

The Revolution packs extremely well - one of the reasons for this is the amazing Sas-Tec armor .

Here is the Revolution shown in the right side (uncut) Vario side case. The pannier is in its extended (full size) setting here which i believe is around 39 litres. Volume wise a little bit less than half the volume is left usable. (in the real world side loading cases are inherently more difficult to stuff and pack when on the bike)

Here is the Revolution shown in the left side Vario side case with the exhaust cutout. The pannier is in its extended (full size) setting here which i believe is around 29 litres. While the suit seems to fill up the whole case, volume wise there is some left and you potentially throw in some additional items. Fitting in this smaller case is extremely important because most panniers with the cutout wont accept a helmet - and a helmet cant be manhandled into a smaller case like the Revolution can.

apart from showing that the Revolution can fit inside most panniers, i think this also shows thats its about time i switch to top loading panniers.

Regarding the colors - things could/may change - but we don't have any plans for changes at the moment.

teizms screwed with this post 09-06-2011 at 12:47 PM
Old 09-06-2011, 09:33 PM   #148
AKLiz
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks Bluepoof and Teizms! I really appreciate it Now if only my responsibility stuff could get done with so I could spend fun money. Patience...
Old 09-06-2011, 10:38 PM   #149
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
....Patience...
v'll b here waiting for u
Old 09-13-2011, 01:22 PM   #150
lotus
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
How timely!

A week ago I purchased the new Roadcrafter Lightweight One Piece Suit. I paced anxiously for days waiting for my new suit to arrive. I had sent them my measurements, riding style and information regarding to what I wear underneath my gear.

Yesterday it arrived... I excitedly opened the box - unzipped the suit put it on! To my dismay I found it fit very poorly. I'm so bummed. I am 5'6", 140 lbs, 36" chest, long legged, short waisted. Even with the size as a short it was too long in the torso - it hung down approx. 6 inches from where it should have. It was quite roomy in the middle. The arm circumfrence is huge - if I were to take a spill I would not trust the armor to stay in place. The rear end was baggy and my daughter immediately made fun. The padding I paid an additional $100 for is painfully stiff and makes the suit difficult to quickly put on.

I want a one piece suit for commuting - I ride less than I'd like to in the fall, winter and spring due to the unwieldly amount of gear I need to put on to feel comfortable and protected.

I was excited to see this thread and how well the Revolution Suit appears to fit on Bluepoof!

Could I please see a picture of the waterproof liner too? Is it easy to put on as well?

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote