Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2011, 01:48 AM   #151
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus View Post
A week ago I purchased the new Roadcrafter Lightweight One Piece Suit. I paced anxiously for days waiting for my new suit to arrive. I had sent them my measurements, riding style and information regarding to what I wear underneath my gear.

Yesterday it arrived... I excitedly opened the box - unzipped the suit put it on! To my dismay I found it fit very poorly. I'm so bummed. I am 5'6", 140 lbs, 36" chest, long legged, short waisted. Even with the size as a short it was too long in the torso - it hung down approx. 6 inches from where it should have. It was quite roomy in the middle. The arm circumfrence is huge - if I were to take a spill I would not trust the armor to stay in place. The rear end was baggy and my daughter immediately made fun. The padding I paid an additional $100 for is painfully stiff and makes the suit difficult to quickly put on.

I want a one piece suit for commuting - I ride less than I'd like to in the fall, winter and spring due to the unwieldly amount of gear I need to put on to feel comfortable and protected.

I was excited to see this thread and how well the Revolution Suit appears to fit on Bluepoof!

Could I please see a picture of the waterproof liner too? Is it easy to put on as well?
Roadcrafter Light -- --- what a ripoff hehheh
You are going to simply love the Sas-Tec armor we offer. it's flexible yet extremely protective.
Additionally, a correct fit is guaranteed. so need not worry. Check you inbox for a liner picture.
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:15 AM   #152
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Review posted by bluepoof:

http://www.bluepoof.com/2011/10/teiz-revolution/
Old 11-14-2011, 10:44 AM   #153
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

revolution pictures

some recent pics

Old 11-30-2011, 09:56 AM   #154
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Some improved instructions on how to take measurements for custom suits:
http://store.teizms.com/measurement_guide
Old 12-05-2011, 08:08 AM   #155
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Another review of the Revolution suit:

http://www.twowheelfemales.com/forum...304#post137304

Old 12-05-2011, 08:59 AM   #156
Deans BMW
Granpa Hoon

Oddometer: 3,139
Ghazi, what suit do you have in this pic?

www.Motorcyclistcafe.com
Founder San Jose BMW
Deans BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:53 AM   #157
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deans BMW View Post
Ghazi, what suit do you have in this pic?
Dean, i am wearing the power shell in the picture above:
http://store.teizms.com/power-shell
Old 12-05-2011, 03:15 PM   #158
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

for your convenience, the Midnight Blue suit with the customer comments (these are the picture captions, link to actual review has been posted above):

"Full-length shot, captures the color well - it's a beautiful cross between a navy and a bit of a richer blue, very nice."

"Arm vent, great for helping regulate air flow and temperature, and actually pretty easy to open while on the bike."

"Arm shot, showing the three places for adjustability - two snap tabs, and the vent w/ flap at the wrist. Very easy to customize the fit based on what you have on underneath."

"One of the two front vents - also easy to open and close while riding, and good air flow when you're moving."

"My favorite pocket - inside the velcro tab on the front of the suit, very easily accesible when stopped but also secure. Big enough to fit easily my iPhone, credit card, house keys, and probably several other things if I wanted to."

"What I like to think of as the neck management system. Notice the nifty tab with snap for holding the high neck piece open - since it's pretty warm here most of the time, I tend to leave it like this, though you can pull it back across and there is a snap on the other side for a high-necked effect, which is much warmer when it gets cool out."

"Full-length back shot. Crookedness is me, not the suit :-) Nice shot of where the reflective is across the suit - around the legs and arms, and across the back. Overall, the suit feels really well put-together and high quality (als extremely comfortable)."

"Arm shot from the side / back - shows the super fabric over the joint, as well as the accordion folding just above for movement. You can also see the waist adjustment tabs - great for customizing the fit."

"Bottom of the leg - good shot of the (highly visible) reflective material, and also the leg adjuster straps. These are another one where I might have liked to see a slightly different style - these work extremely well but are challenging to adjust on the fly. Might be nice to have a pull-through strap with a snap or something, though that might be less safe, I'm not sure. Again, minor complaint - overall the suit is great."

"Close-up of one of the waist tabs. Also gives a feel for how carefully constructed and detailed the entire suit is."
Old 12-10-2011, 11:18 AM   #159
R6Chick
H8 KARZ

Oddometer: 52
How does it hold up on a 4 hour ride in dumping rain?
"The rider who splits lanes relies on nearly mystical vision to guide her along the thin painted lines on the road...To lane split is to know both the security of a motorcycle's superior agility and the insecurity of its dangerous invisibility." Taylor and Marquez.

"I don't care if you go with Jeebus, or by yourself, or Jeebus follows in your footsteps in the sand, or whatever... just go.

"I don't care for political jokes. I have seen too many of them get elected."
R6Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:29 AM   #160
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6Chick View Post
How does it hold up on a 4 hour ride in dumping rain?
a one piece rain liner is included - however we dont advertise anything as being 100% waterproof.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:36 PM   #161
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Old 02-12-2012, 05:15 PM   #162
AKLiz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 259
Hi Ghazi,

I will hopefully be ordering in the next couple of months :) I do have a question - is hip armor available (either standard or at additional cost) for the Revolution? I didn't see it listed on your website. If it's an extra cost, what would that cost? Hip armor is definitely something I would like to have. Thanks!
AKLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:29 AM   #163
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKLiz View Post
Hi Ghazi,

I will hopefully be ordering in the next couple of months :) I do have a question - is hip armor available (either standard or at additional cost) for the Revolution? I didn't see it listed on your website. If it's an extra cost, what would that cost? Hip armor is definitely something I would like to have. Thanks!
The suits come standard with Sas-Tec hip protectors . i will update the website to reflect this.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:27 PM   #164
AKLiz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 259
Thanks for the info, Ghazi :)
AKLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:22 AM   #165
fiep
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,894
just stumbled onto this thread
interesting
very first thing I noticed was there is NOT ONE PICTURE of this suit from behind, the conclusion I draw from that: this one is as flattering as any of the 1pc flour bags on the market

Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms View Post
The comparison is not fair. You are comparing a 2 piece arrangement (not usually meant to be worn over jeans) to a 1 piece suit (designed to be an oversuit). I don't think we want to debate which style is better on this particular thread.
now tell me, why is a 2-pc not ususlly meant to be worn over - let me substitute jeans with - pants? interesting idea!

after dragging my 1-pc around all kinds of personal sanitation areas and having to find room for the monster suit in crowded restaurants ...
I find it quite unfair of you to diss the 2-pc, could that be because you try to sell a 1-pc?

how does "Removable Drench Quench waterproof liner that can be worn separately as a full rain suit" fit your take on waterproofing. ?

like: A suit with a removable liner means that you have to take off your suit on the roadside, spend a few minutes inserting the liner and then put the suit on again ...
or: the outer shell will undoubtedly get wet and absorb water even if it has some sort of DWR treatment. Though you may be dry inside, the outer layer of your gear will not be which means it will get heavier, sloshy, drippy and even stinky! So even though the storm may be over, your suit will still be wet and you need to dry it, a process that may take hours. Wet gear will eventually lead to a colder climate inside the suit!
and: Any vent is a step towards compromising the waterproofing of the suit hence most examples have extremely limited venting again making them very uncomfortable in even moderately warm temperatures. Again, the outermost fabric will still absorb water and become wet and heavy
fiep is offline   Reply With Quote