ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-16-2012, 01:16 PM   #166
teizms
Beastly Adventurer
 
teizms's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Plano, TX
Oddometer: 1,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiep View Post
just stumbled onto this thread
interesting
very first thing I noticed was there is NOT ONE PICTURE of this suit from behind, the conclusion I draw from that: this one is as flattering as any of the 1pc flour bags on the market
i wasn't aware that there are other one piece bags for women in the market - please do link to them. but yes mostly women don't like their back side put on the internet so we don't put up those pictures. if an actual customer is interested in the suit, we can email them a picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiep View Post

now tell me, why is a 2-pc not ususlly meant to be worn over - let me substitute jeans with - pants? interesting idea!

after dragging my 1-pc around all kinds of personal sanitation areas and having to find room for the monster suit in crowded restaurants ...
I find it quite unfair of you to diss the 2-pc, could that be because you try to sell a 1-pc?
didnt really understand this comment.... i used the word "usually".

why would i "diss" a 2 pc, we sell the Navigator 2 piece suit as well :s

additionally, the whole point is that u can take off the one piece and leave it on the bike, i am not sure why u decided to take your suit to the personal sanitation areas. we leave our suits on the bike most of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiep View Post

how does "Removable Drench Quench waterproof liner that can be worn separately as a full rain suit" fit your take on waterproofing. ?
not sure again about what your point is. i obviously don't like the concept of the liners. we include a liner with this suit because people ask for it. i always suggest to them that a rain suit on top is a better idea. some of them use the included liner and some take my advice. the use is optional.
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:45 PM   #167
pjm204
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Oddometer: 1,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms View Post
i wasn't aware that there are other one piece bags for women in the market - please do link to them. but yes mostly women don't like their back side put on the internet so we don't put up those pictures. if an actual customer is interested in the suit, we can email them a picture.



didnt really understand this comment.... i used the word "usually".

why would i "diss" a 2 pc, we sell the Navigator 2 piece suit as well :s

additionally, the whole point is that u can take off the one piece and leave it on the bike, i am not sure why u decided to take your suit to the personal sanitation areas. we leave our suits on the bike most of the time.



not sure again about what your point is. i obviously don't like the concept of the liners. we include a liner with this suit because people ask for it. i always suggest to them that a rain suit on top is a better idea. some of them use the included liner and some take my advice. the use is optional.

Ghazi, sound advice here. A rain suit on top is the only way to stay dry. Expecting liners/waterproofing of suits to keep you 100% dry is a surefire way to be letdown. I won't stop to put on my rainsuit in a light drizzle but when it starts pouring(like it's doing as I look outside and plan for my ride home), I throw my rain suit/covers on.

Also, I don't understand why would you have to take off the suit to go to the bathroom? I just stand up and unzip....oh wait..oops. Hahahaha (continue to be jealous)
__________________
Current bikes:2006 DL650, 2008 WR250R
Past bikes: XT225, TTR125, '04 CRF50 '74 DT125,'70 TS250,'85 v45, '89 zx600c, '78 GS400x, '99 GS500E, '01 GS500E '05 Z750s, '77 GS400e, '82 GS1100ez, '97 GSX600, '07 VFR800, '03 KLR650, '03 FJR1300, '06 DL1000, '00 KLR650, '99 WR360, '08 DL650, '05 DR650, '08 EX650r, '96 CR500, '82 GS450T, '06 Ural
pjm204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:11 PM   #168
bluepoof
insert pithy saying here
 
bluepoof's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: San Carlos, CA
Oddometer: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiep View Post
just stumbled onto this thread
interesting
very first thing I noticed was there is NOT ONE PICTURE of this suit from behind, the conclusion I draw from that: this one is as flattering as any of the 1pc flour bags on the market
Here's mine, which is in the review I believe Ghazi posted earlier in the thread. I think it looks pretty good, actually (though I may be biased about my own ass )

__________________
'07 Kawasaki Ninja 250 * '02 Yamaha XT225 * '08 Honda CRF80F
www.bluepoof.com
bluepoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:27 AM   #169
fiep
Beastly Adventurer
 
fiep's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: GA
Oddometer: 1,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms View Post
i wasn't aware that there are other one piece bags for women in the market - please do link to them.
bag is bag
what is so different about your bag for women?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms View Post
didnt really understand this comment.... i used the word "usually".
the post you answered to directly referred to a 2-pc RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms View Post
why would i "diss" a 2 pc, we sell the Navigator 2 piece suit as well
no over pants, therefore not in the same category

Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms View Post
additionally, the whole point is that u can take off the one piece and leave it on the bike, i am not sure why u decided to take your suit to the personal sanitation areas. we leave our suits on the bike most of the time. .
not everybody rides a bike with luggage room, mine are all bare, what I carry has to fit in my pockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms View Post
not sure again about what your point is. i obviously don't like the concept of the liners. we include a liner with this suit because people ask for it.
the point is you say 'no' and do 'yes'
you say it does not work, I agree, and then you do it anyways
fiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:38 AM   #170
Deans BMW
Granpa Hoon
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Copperhill, Tennessee
Oddometer: 3,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiep View Post
bag is bag
what is so different about your bag for women?


the post you answered to directly referred to a 2-pc RC


no over pants, therefore not in the same category


not everybody rides a bike with luggage room, mine are all bare, what I carry has to fit in my pockets


the point is you say 'no' and do 'yes'
you say it does not work, I agree, and then you do it anyways
HO LEE COW

Sure seems that you have a bit of a chip on your shoulder

You must drive your SO nuts and if you have any co workers, them as well.
__________________
Dean O
BMW nut and Happy Camper
Copperhill, Tn.
www.Motorcyclistcafe.com
Founder San Jose BMW
Deans BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:47 AM   #171
fiep
Beastly Adventurer
 
fiep's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: GA
Oddometer: 1,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deans BMW View Post
Sure seems that you have a bit of a chip on your shoulder
because I ask questions and want answers?
fiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:32 AM   #172
teizms
Beastly Adventurer
 
teizms's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Plano, TX
Oddometer: 1,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiep View Post
because I ask questions and want answers?
no --- because you seem to be asking questions that don't make any sense (at least to me) - however i will still answer to the the best of my understanding:


Quote:
Originally Posted by fiep View Post
bag is bag
what is so different about your bag for women?
take a look here:
http://store.teizms.com/revolution
if you still don't understand the differences and are truly interested in finding out - then give me a call at 888-808-8349 or take a look at this blog post:
http://www.bluepoof.com/2005/12/2_club/


Quote:
Originally Posted by fiep View Post
the post you answered to directly referred to a 2-pc RC


no over pants, therefore not in the same category
???
what are exactly asking? am i supposed to be a 2-pc/over-pants hater of some sort who just doesnt admit his hatred ???

life is about choice - if you like some other product more, then go ahead and buy that. We have stated what we believe are advantages of our products but you can disagree if you want to.


Quote:
Originally Posted by fiep View Post

not everybody rides a bike with luggage room, mine are all bare, what I carry has to fit in my pockets
?? again no idea what u want to hear... since you have no luggage room then no body should wear a one piece ?
when we are going around without panniers, we leave our suits on the bike seat. if we are worried about safety, we carry a cord lock in our tank bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiep View Post

what I carry has to fit in my pockets
just to highlight the difference of opinion in individuals - i try not to carry anything in my pockets. if i crash, that item in my pocket is going to hurt pretty bad.


Quote:
Originally Posted by fiep View Post

the point is you say 'no' and do 'yes'
you say it does not work, I agree, and then you do it anyways
i didn't say it does not work - i said its not the most effective solution - but yes we do offer the feature for those who would still like to avail it. some people probably even disagree with me and find liners to be a versatile solution.
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:51 AM   #173
Deans BMW
Granpa Hoon
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Copperhill, Tennessee
Oddometer: 3,086
Can you imagine having her as a SO or wife.
__________________
Dean O
BMW nut and Happy Camper
Copperhill, Tn.
www.Motorcyclistcafe.com
Founder San Jose BMW
Deans BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:04 PM   #174
pjm204
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Oddometer: 1,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deans BMW View Post
Can you imagine having her as a SO or wife.
I can but that doesn't mean I want to.
__________________
Current bikes:2006 DL650, 2008 WR250R
Past bikes: XT225, TTR125, '04 CRF50 '74 DT125,'70 TS250,'85 v45, '89 zx600c, '78 GS400x, '99 GS500E, '01 GS500E '05 Z750s, '77 GS400e, '82 GS1100ez, '97 GSX600, '07 VFR800, '03 KLR650, '03 FJR1300, '06 DL1000, '00 KLR650, '99 WR360, '08 DL650, '05 DR650, '08 EX650r, '96 CR500, '82 GS450T, '06 Ural
pjm204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:11 PM   #175
pjm204
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Oddometer: 1,823
oh, and I've purchased 2 one piece suits from Ghazi, he's great to work with and stands behind his product. I've logged a ton of miles on my suit and it has been a sound investment. I like the liners but I don't expect the suit to be waterproof and carry a rain suit at all times. I'm not sure why people care how their butt looks, etc....you're wearing a one piece suit, anyone that doesn't ride a motorcycle just assumes you're going skiing or something...so who cares how we look?
__________________
Current bikes:2006 DL650, 2008 WR250R
Past bikes: XT225, TTR125, '04 CRF50 '74 DT125,'70 TS250,'85 v45, '89 zx600c, '78 GS400x, '99 GS500E, '01 GS500E '05 Z750s, '77 GS400e, '82 GS1100ez, '97 GSX600, '07 VFR800, '03 KLR650, '03 FJR1300, '06 DL1000, '00 KLR650, '99 WR360, '08 DL650, '05 DR650, '08 EX650r, '96 CR500, '82 GS450T, '06 Ural
pjm204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:00 AM   #176
Transient
Adventurer
 
Transient's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: DFW, TX
Oddometer: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiep View Post
because I ask questions and want answers?
Tone makes all the difference in the world.
__________________
Ben
2010 Kawasaki Z1000
Transient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:45 AM   #177
bluepoof
insert pithy saying here
 
bluepoof's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: San Carlos, CA
Oddometer: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjm204 View Post
you're wearing a one piece suit, anyone that doesn't ride a motorcycle just assumes you're going skiing or something...so who cares how we look?
I ran into a store once wearing my gear (normal-looking overpants and jacket, carrying my helmet) and someone asked if I was a parachutist. Yeah, I just dropped right into the parking lot and came in for some milk. Beats the traffic!
__________________
'07 Kawasaki Ninja 250 * '02 Yamaha XT225 * '08 Honda CRF80F
www.bluepoof.com
bluepoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:24 PM   #178
pjm204
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Oddometer: 1,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepoof View Post
I ran into a store once wearing my gear (normal-looking overpants and jacket, carrying my helmet) and someone asked if I was a parachutist. Yeah, I just dropped right into the parking lot and came in for some milk. Beats the traffic!
some people are oblivious.
__________________
Current bikes:2006 DL650, 2008 WR250R
Past bikes: XT225, TTR125, '04 CRF50 '74 DT125,'70 TS250,'85 v45, '89 zx600c, '78 GS400x, '99 GS500E, '01 GS500E '05 Z750s, '77 GS400e, '82 GS1100ez, '97 GSX600, '07 VFR800, '03 KLR650, '03 FJR1300, '06 DL1000, '00 KLR650, '99 WR360, '08 DL650, '05 DR650, '08 EX650r, '96 CR500, '82 GS450T, '06 Ural
pjm204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:43 PM   #179
teizms
Beastly Adventurer
 
teizms's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Plano, TX
Oddometer: 1,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepoof View Post
I ran into a store once wearing my gear (normal-looking overpants and jacket, carrying my helmet) and someone asked if I was a parachutist. Yeah, I just dropped right into the parking lot and came in for some milk. Beats the traffic!
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:24 PM   #180
AKLiz
Gnarly Adventurer
 
AKLiz's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Oddometer: 259
I bit the bullet (yay, bonus check!) and ordered my suit in ivory last night I cannot wait for it to arrive!! It should arrive in time to coincide with the start of riding season up here...I just think that with two things to look forward to (new suit and riding again), the next 6 - 8 weeks are going to pass very slowly!!
AKLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014