Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2013, 03:32 PM   #91
Kentucky
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,219
Has anyone installed a big GIVI E55, E52 or V46? Shad 48 or Shad 50 on their GT300i?
Barry
Old 05-04-2013, 01:46 AM   #92
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Oddometer: 6,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentucky View Post
Has anyone installed a big GIVI E55, E52 or V46? Shad 48 or Shad 50 on their GT300i?
Barry
This guy put SH48 on his People:
http://www.justgottascoot.com/peoplegti300.htm

..and I have SH50 on the Downtown 300:

Waiting for a storm by Cortez_CRO, on Flickr

One thing to have in mind.. the SH50 is at least 50% heavier then the
SH48 and if I had known that before, I would have gone for the 48 too.

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:42 AM   #93
kantuckid
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,662
I have a MC dealer that sells Kymco 25miles from me. The People 300i catches my eye & when I get to his place there is a new People 200i I can test ride but the 300i would be an ordered in scoot,priced @ $4,700 + sales tax. I'm left wondering how well the 200i will help me decide on a 300i?
Not many Kymco scoots out there used in whole USA, so likely new Kymco/SYM compared to used other brand scoots for me.
I really wish Kymco would put ABS on the People scoots!
I have a Shad 42 litre topcase on my MC & it's a good one but the 1st they sent me had a warped lid & the importer in Miami is kind of hard to deal with-my retailer dropped their line over the time it took,etc., to get mine right.
"If I had my life to live over,I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up.I'd be sillier than this trip, take fewer things seriously, I would take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges, at age 85
kantuckid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:11 AM   #94
hexnut
just cruising

Oddometer: 1,267
The 200i is the exact same size and weight as the 300i. the difference is the engine size only.

hexnuts...a curse put on your balls by a mean gypsy
3/5 Cav, C Troop, BlackKnights, Vietnam 1969
hexnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:23 PM   #95
tastroman OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,504
Not mine but there is a 300i in the classifieds here with less than 2000 miles for $3500 firm. Seems like a smokin deal to me. It's not that far from you either.
2009 Buell Ulysses XB12XT
tastroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:52 PM   #96
kantuckid
Beastly Adventurer

He sold that to the guy in FL a few days ago...Plus I dislike that color! The weakest gold paint I've ever seen & I done even like the "better" golds. I'd have painted it black or red in my own shop.
"If I had my life to live over,I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up.I'd be sillier than this trip, take fewer things seriously, I would take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges, at age 85
Old 05-07-2013, 05:46 AM   #97
Kentucky
Beastly Adventurer

Hey! Don't be bad mouthing my GOLD GT! LOL

My 300 is going to have a fun life. It's first trip is to Springfield, Il from Daytona Beach to announce the Springfield Mile Grand National Flat Track race. Leaving there to ride to Road America @ Elkhart Lake, Wi to announce the AMA Pro Road Race there then home to Daytona. Going to ride that little beast about 30k miles this year chasing the Grand National and Road Race tours. It's going to be a scooter kind of year.

It has an ErMax windshield that I hope works ok. If not I will need to sort out the aero for Interstate work. Adding a GIVI E52 top box for additional storage. Going to be a fun year.
Barry
Old 05-07-2013, 11:40 PM   #98
damasovi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,572
well I did not real all 7 pages but the last two and did not find this one:

http://www.justgottascoot.com/peoplegti300.htm

nice review on the scooter and some accessories for it

Damasovi
Old 05-08-2013, 06:03 AM   #99
kantuckid
Beastly Adventurer

Kentucky-how ironic that you got the deal out from under "kantuckid"! I have a MC for sale & as we're retired I would have been a slow but potential buyer-in spite of the gold...
Honestly I never liked that color & as a "shop guy" I'd have repainted it Porsche red or white pearl maybe. Keep us posted here on the scoot and the service it gives. I do kind of like the 2012 Suzuki orange metallic color as has more pizzazz.
I'm especially curious on how that sort of scoot does in crosswinds @ hwy speeds? Having ridden MC's in the wind a bunch , what with their more weight & gyro working for you it's a real concern. Staying tuned.
Damasovi, if I buy one of these it will go to Mexico with me but unlikely to get as far west as your spot. FWIW, my 1st trip to Ensenada was in 1954,2nd was 1956,3rd was 1972 & 4th was in the 1990's.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:37 AM   #100
Kentucky
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kantuckid View Post
Kentucky-how ironic that you got the deal out from under "kantuckid"! I have a MC for sale & as we're retired I would have been a slow but potential buyer-in spite of the gold...
Honestly I never liked that color & as a "shop guy" I'd have repainted it Porsche red or white pearl maybe. Keep us posted here on the scoot and the service it gives. I do kind of like the 2012 Suzuki orange metallic color as has more pizzazz.
I'm especially curious on how that sort of scoot does in crosswinds @ hwy speeds? Having ridden MC's in the wind a bunch , what with their more weight & gyro working for you it's a real concern. Staying tuned.
Damasovi, if I buy one of these it will go to Mexico with me but unlikely to get as far west as your spot. FWIW, my 1st trip to Ensenada was in 1954,2nd was 1956,3rd was 1972 & 4th was in the 1990's.
White pearl would look great on the bike. I will keep you updated as the miles roll by.
Barry
Old 05-08-2013, 06:43 AM   #101
damasovi
Beastly Adventurer

KantuSIR,

you come this way very little! I think you need to come have some tacos and cerverza... and then you will remember the beauty of this land!

I am in the market for a bigger scooter and this one of the 2 or that are up to size for me.

Damasovi
Old 05-09-2013, 06:05 AM   #102
kantuckid
Beastly Adventurer

I remember!!! we were in Baja on a fly & drive this winter(on the Cortez coast above the touristy area) & I ride the mainland in the winter on MC. Few places in Mexico that I have not seen. I have a friend in Michoacan, his daughter was attending a technical school in Ensenada. He lives in Morelia & he is from Patzcuaro.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:19 AM   #103
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kantuckid View Post
I remember!!! we were in Baja on a fly & drive this winter(on the Cortez coast above the touristy area) & I ride the mainland in the winter on MC. Few places in Mexico that I have not seen. I have a friend in Michoacan, his daughter was attending a technical school in Ensenada. He lives in Morelia & he is from Patzcuaro.
WTF were you doing on my coast?!

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
Old 05-09-2013, 08:54 AM   #104
damasovi
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortez View Post
WTF were you doing on my coast?!
don't worry, we take good care of it!
Old 05-09-2013, 09:52 AM   #105
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by damasovi View Post
don't worry, we take good care of it!
Kkthnx, carry on!