Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2011, 11:43 AM   #1
LarryRickenbacker OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 312
Daily scooter user?

Howdy,

I live between two very busy streets. It's not unlike SW Houston, traffic-wise! I tend to use my Sh150i as a M-F commuter/errands runner. Oddly, I tend to give my scoot a rest on weekends, when the traffic is even worse.
Does anyone else find himself employing his scoot less on weekends and more during the week? I know it sounds odd..or does it?
LarryRickenbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:15 PM   #2
dingosmom
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Actually, I tend to use my scooter more on weekends than on weekdays. Work commute usually requires a car but I use my scooter to run into town on errands during the weekend mostly and ride for pleasure then too. I'd like to use it more to commute but usually have to transport things from home to office making the two wheeled transportation a little awkward.
dingosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:16 PM   #3
alicethomas
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 385
Yepp, MBK Doodo (125cc) as my commuter scoot, Kymco Xciting as my touring scoot.
alicethomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:33 PM   #4
Bronco638
Nobody Home

Oddometer: 3,416
It really kind of depends. Some weekends it sits idle, other weekends, it sees some use. Some weekends I ride my TransAlp.

Andy holds the lead. And he will, all the way to the Highway. Today is his day.
Bronco638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:07 PM   #5
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,345
I use it to run errands and commute during the week. Weekend use is more sporadic but occasionally I'll take it on a long ride. 201 miles is my longest one day ride, but that ride included well over 2000 curves

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:44 PM   #6
tastroman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,504
I use mine for commuting and occasional weekend errands. I like to take on the challenge of getting a weeks worth of groceries strapped down and I usually grocery shop on Sunday. It's amazing, if I leave wifey at home I can get the job done much quicker.
2009 Buell Ulysses XB12XT

tastroman screwed with this post 04-19-2011 at 05:24 PM
tastroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:23 PM   #7
btcn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,880
I ride mine all the time.

I tend to rack up more miles on the weekends though. A lot of weekends when its nice and I have nothing to do I'll put 500 miles in 2 days on my Elite 150. I love cruising through the backroads and up to state parks and fun roads.

If the ride will be high speed most of the time I'm going to be using my Shadow though. The Elite doesn't enjoy riding anything over 50 MPH nor do I on it, while this feels slow for the Shadow and its asking for more throttle!

But I take later rides during the week as well. I'd just say it kind of depends. If I'm busy or hanging with friends, the Elite won't see much use on the weekends.
btcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:45 PM   #8
siyeh
Lawn Nazi

Oddometer: 1,464
My PCX only gets stroked Monday thru Friday. Commuter. Weekends are for the Versys but last weekend I stole my kid's VTX. Tis a shock to go from 125 cc's to 1800 cc's. It's all good.
siyeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:51 PM   #9
techguy
Scooter Trash

Oddometer: 845
I commute as much as possible on the P250 (taking my daughter to school, too) but most weekend trips are in the cage with the three of us.
techguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:24 PM   #10
fullmetalscooter
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 2,402
only thing I ve got so it's in use if I need to go out. 8000 miles in the last year.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:45 PM   #11
THE_SHRUB
Potted plant

Oddometer: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetalscooter View Post
only thing I ve got so it's in use if I need to go out. 8000 miles in the last year.
Same boat, In fact, I don't even have a drivers license, just my motorcycle license, so it's two wheels or the bus for me! And as of late, the bus is really starting to wear on me
THE_SHRUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:36 PM   #12
lowbuckrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 189
7 days a week, my daughter can't get enough weekend riding.
lowbuckrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:35 AM   #13
scooterspirit
Ilovekitty

Oddometer: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryRickenbacker View Post
Howdy,

I live between two very busy streets. It's not unlike SW Houston, traffic-wise! I tend to use my Sh150i as a M-F commuter/errands runner. Oddly, I tend to give my scoot a rest on weekends, when the traffic is even worse.
Does anyone else find himself employing his scoot less on weekends and more during the week? I know it sounds odd..or does it?
Absolutely, I try and avoid high traffic hours and the weekends. Never do Friday rush hour or Saturday. When there are lots of weekend bike riders out on the roads, I feel less safe. Drivers seem to take more care when I'm the only bike on the road, may just be my biased perception though.
scooterspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:47 AM   #14
mboni
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
Cool2

Yep, my scooters are my daily commuters and errand runners, but my weekend plans typically require the car.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:08 PM   #15
MarkH67
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_SHRUB View Post
Same boat, In fact, I don't even have a drivers license, just my motorcycle license, so it's two wheels or the bus for me! And as of late, the bus is really starting to wear on me
I have the license for a car, but I sold the car because I prefer to ride, so it is the scooter every time I need to go somewhere. Buses SUCK! I'd rather ride no matter the weather.
MarkH67 is offline   Reply With Quote