Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2011, 02:24 AM   #31
Tacoma
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilolita View Post
Really? Where the hell do you live? Everyone says I look cute on my scootah.

Back to the thread: I commute on the scoot and take the "big" bike on weekend rides and vacation. I can't get 50 lbs of cat litter on the DRZ.
I have owned all types of motorcycles for years from crotch rockets to big cruisers, never had a problem of anybody making fun of what I ride.
That all changed since I got my scooter!
Owning a scooter changed me , I am not longer a nice guy to anybody that walks up to look at my scooter, I have learned from past experiences to get the first word out to them before they open their mouth and cut down and make fun of me or my scooter! When some stranger walks up with a grin on his face I simply tell him "GET THE F*#K AWAY FROM ME", or when they ask "what kind of gas mileage does it get" I just ignore them and pretend they are not there!
People don't understand I didn't buy my scooter to impress them!
Tacoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 07:34 AM   #32
JerseyBiker
Living the life!

Oddometer: 2,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma View Post
...snipped...
When some stranger walks up with a grin on his face I simply tell him "GET THE F*#K AWAY FROM ME", or when they ask "what kind of gas mileage does it get" I just ignore them and pretend they are not there!
People don't understand I didn't buy my scooter to impress them!
Tacoma -

I can't tell if you are joking, or serious or if you are a troll trying to bait people.

I've had tons of folks come up to me with grins on their faces - often to tell me stories of scoots they used to own, or ask enviously of how it is to ride a scoot or just to say what a great idea a scooter is to own and wish they could do it. Folks never did that when I rode a motorcycle. In 10 years of scooter riding I can't even recall the 1-3 times someone said negative to me about my scoot. I know it must have happened but I can't bring it to mind. My scoot makes me and others smile!

You really need to sell that scoot - for your own peace of mind and so you can start enjoying life instead of being so angry at people who haven't even said a word to you. It's bad for your health always being so angry.

In the meantime, how about knocking off the constant complaining on here. It's gotten to the point where, when I see your name on a post, I think "here he goes again". Shouldn't be that way man. You've got lots more to add to this group than bitching about your scoot every post. Seems like you have lots of riding experience and surely have lots of positive info to contribute.
JerseyBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:25 AM   #33
lowbuckrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 189
For the most part I get nothing but positive comments about the scoot and I don't mind the what kind of milage questions I answer with a sh*t eating grin Those that give me crap I tell them 1 I am a confident heterosexual & 2 that I don't have to make up for having other personal short comings. When I tell them the places that my daughert and I ride it they are usual envious or know for sure I am bat sh*t crazy.

Of course it might be different if my cage wasn't a hearse

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?p...&id=1104732396
lowbuckrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:34 AM   #34
Twisted Martini
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
I ride as much as I can. Just got a new 2009 TMAX to supplement my currently dead Elite 150 and I'll ride it until the snow falls. Longer rides are now possible on the weekends, but I use it to commute as well. As the saying goes, if you have a new hammer, the whole world becomes a nail!
Twisted Martini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:20 PM   #35
LarryRickenbacker OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 312
It happened again!

Howdy,

While waiting for my food at a local Chinese take-out place, a friendly middle aged man noticed my scooter/bike attire and asked what kind of bike I rode.
After telling him a little about my Honda Sh150i and how I commuted daily with it, he politely responded with "Oh, I'm afraid I'll need something better than that, If i get a motorcycle". I quickly replied: "Better?" He then clarified that he wanted a large cruiser for weekend cruising and only then in the Spring!
I couldn't help myself, ya'll. I simply had to restate back to him this info he'd just given me. So I said: "You mean..you want to spend $10,000 or more on a cruiser so you can dress like Dennis Hopper and ride it around town on weekends in April and May?" He laughed and admitted that it sounded a bit ..silly.
No less polite in my tone of voice, I said: "I'm in the minority here in the U.S., because for me my scooter is used as daily transportation. Good luck with your new toy and ride safe". I'm not making this up, so help me.
LarryRickenbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:40 PM   #36
SpannerX
Adventurer

Oddometer: 87
I'm not a 'daily' scooter rider, but not because I have to drive my cage to work, I don't commute daily, I fly into work. But if I don't have to bring someone with me, I riding the scoot.

Went on another group ride this weekend with the locals, and the only other guy that was on the previous ride with me was the guy with the Big Ruckus. That having been said here is the list of bikes on the ride: My p200e, the Big Ruckus, a BV 250, a PX150 (ridden by a girl who kicked my ass in the twisties, but I blame that on her having disk brakes :)), a S150 hoped up to 190, an LX150, and an Elite 150. Pretty different, but a lot of Piaggios. I want more diverse scoots, but I'll give you an example of what the used scoot sales are like around here. The Elite 150 was purchased buy a guy that had to drive 5 hours to get it. There just isn't any selections around here at all.

Anyway, we waved at every bike we passed, and every one waved back, including the Harley riders. May be because it's early in the season, or the fact that we were riding in a group, but there was no one not waving at us.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:30 PM   #37
cdwise
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 904
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac66 View Post
I've never heard of just a motorcycle license. Most places have just generic driver's licenses and a special endorsement for motorcycles.
Every place I've lived you can get either a vehicle specific license or endorsements to the car license for other vehicle types. My son's first license in Texas was a motorcycle license. He had a car permit at the same time since you can get a restricted motorcycle license at 15 but you can't get a car license until 16 (at which time you can get the 250cc or less restriction removed from the motorcycle endorsement that will be put on your Class C license.)

Under 18 your license expires every year on your birthday and you have to go into the DPS to get it renewed which is why he went from a motorcycle only license to a Class C with motorcycle endorsement.

Moped licenses is the same way (under 50cc), available at 15 separately or if you are older than 16 you can get it added as an endorsement on whatever type license you have.
cdwise is offline   Reply With Quote