Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2012, 07:57 PM   #166
Randy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillypolack View Post
Just wondering if there are any updates on the sculpture.

BTW, I've logged a thousand miles on my 'boring, bone stock' Boxer in the last three weeks.

Let's see some miles on that HP, eh?

WHOOOOOO-AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!
I've done about the same in the last two weekends on my boring old GS as well. Well, not quite a thousand... let's see... 340 Sunday before last and 549 on last Saturday's ride in W. NC, E. TN and N. GA. Hopefully make it a total of well over a thousand miles when I add this weekend in though....
"some might call it a 'midlife crisis', I prefer to call it a renaissance of thought and action"... "Life is too short to do anything other than that about which you are absolutely passionate."..."Adventure is a frame of mind, set upon by action, not defined by equipment."..."It all boils down to your ability to say "SCREW IT" and really mean it"....Randy
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:20 PM   #167
moosemeat OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 257
New wiring harness just installed, cable ties, ect, ect.

touratech hand gaurds

PATTON ARMOR rear xxl cargo rack and aluminum body work at powder coater (will post picts on the bike soon as i get em back on bike) IT"S FKN AWSOME!!!!!

switch gear installed with micro switch (Left side)

BMW roundels and plack holders mounted to carbonfiber panels

roundel blinkers from Germany were 52 mm-no bueno! sent em back and awaiting the 70 mm ones.

waiting for the small batch of odds n ends to show up from MAXBMW shortly.

FUNNY- I sat on it and coasted the bitch down the driveway and across the street for haha"s. It rolls very nice and is soooo quiet LOLOLOLOLOL

It should be purring as soon as I get the fuel dist plumbing from MAX. 10 days shipping from der Vatterland, none in the US
moosemeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:55 PM   #168
moosemeat OP
Gnarly Adventurer

More coolness, more envy

just got my auxillary luggage rack back from my pdrcoater. HOT!
sometimes I even amaze myself with my metal

working skills.

it's nice to make something you cant find in a catalog, and if you did it would be 800 bucks.

40. bucks for pdrcoat and a box of doughnuts for the metal shop, doesn't get any cheaper.

wanna c sum pictures? shoot me a pm and i will send them to you to post here, site will not allow me to post

anymore
Old 06-12-2012, 07:25 PM   #169
Randy
Beastly Adventurer

Well?

Any more developments on this restoration project? Still wanting to see this bike back on the road and acting like a proper motorbike...
"some might call it a 'midlife crisis', I prefer to call it a renaissance of thought and action"... "Life is too short to do anything other than that about which you are absolutely passionate."..."Adventure is a frame of mind, set upon by action, not defined by equipment."..."It all boils down to your ability to say "SCREW IT" and really mean it"....Randy
Old 06-13-2012, 05:22 AM   #170
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer: 3,269
maybe when he hit the starter the whole thing blew up
You can be imitated but not replaced. You're such a special blend the recipe is guarded like KFC's 11 herbs and spices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post

Loutre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:42 PM   #171
Randy
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loutre View Post
maybe when he hit the starter the whole thing blew up
Well, since there hasn't been any updates in over 2 months, I'd have to guess that he hit the starter and nothing happened. I have a feeling that with all the doubters, and all the effort and money he sunk into it, if it was anything other than "cool looking", he would have been showing them all just how wrong they were. Hell, if it were me and I DIDN'T have doubters I'd still want to be showing that thing off. I mean before and after pics would be awesome! Of course some real riding pics showing what the thing can really do would really make for a cool ashes to treasure story.

A bit disappointed myself. I like seeing a guy come out on top when he steps out and takes a risk.

I guess he's just hoping this thread will go away so he doesn't have to eat crow after all the trash talk and bravado.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:12 PM   #172
krellheat
Pepsi Challenged

Oddometer: 2,049
He is too busy riding it?

Devil's advocate. Hell conscientious and informed and downright argumentative dissenter.
krellheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:09 PM   #173
GI_JO_NATHAN
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,006
Looks like he was just on here today, and gets on all the time..
Someone quote me so he can see my response
Quote:
Originally Posted by POLLOCK28 (XDTALK.com)
From what I understand from frequenting various forums you are handling this critisim completely wrong. You are supposed to get bent out of shape and start turning towards personal attacks. Get with the program!
GI_JO_NATHAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:58 AM   #174
Iron Rey
Oh shit, not him!

Oddometer: 816
Hey Moosemeat, I was (and still am) an early believer in your project, would I have handled it differently? Sure, I probably would have gotten it running before I started tricking it out, but you know what? My opinion means shit, it's your project and you can handle it anyway you damn well please. But you have a lot of our attention and we are wondering about progress, again, none of our business but you did invite us in...

Yeah, there are a few real assholes who hang out on the forumns but a lot of us are like your friends who hang out with you in your garage, we kid, give some shit, but in the end we back each other up and can provide a wealth of ideas and opportunities, just ask. I also know that priorities and financial obligations change and things get put on the back burner, thats cool, but hey, how about an honest update?
Iron Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:32 AM   #175
GI_JO_NATHAN
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Rey View Post
Hey Moosemeat, I was (and still am) an early believer in your project, would I have handled it differently? Sure, I probably would have gotten it running before I started tricking it out, but you know what? My opinion means shit, it's your project and you can handle it anyway you damn well please. But you have a lot of our attention and we are wondering about progress, again, none of our business but you did invite us in...

Yeah, there are a few real assholes who hang out on the forumns but a lot of us are like your friends who hang out with you in your garage, we kid, give some shit, but in the end we back each other up and can provide a wealth of ideas and opportunities, just ask. I also know that priorities and financial obligations change and things get put on the back burner, thats cool, but hey, how about an honest update?
This.
All of it.
Quote:
From what I understand from frequenting various forums you are handling this critisim completely wrong. You are supposed to get bent out of shape and start turning towards personal attacks. Get with the program!
Old 06-29-2012, 10:36 AM   #176
moosemeat OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Sorry for the delay fellas. The balance of my parts is up at MAXBMW in NH. The last 600 in stuff has arrived from
Germany. Between work and school I have a whole 4.5 hours a day ...............................to sleep! In 14 days I will be over in building 1, in the BMW MOTORRAD Classroom. Finaly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I saw the 12 week program paperwork, and if you stacked them all together it would look like 7-8 phone books. I have my hands very very full for the next 14 weeks fellas. Good things are worth waiting for. Soon...........

Someone shoot me a pm and I will send the most recent pictures so they can be posted here.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:53 PM   #177
GI_JO_NATHAN
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemeat View Post
Sorry for the delay fellas. The balance of my parts is up at MAXBMW in NH. The last 600 in stuff has arrived from
Germany. Between work and school I have a whole 4.5 hours a day ...............................to sleep! In 14 days I will be over in building 1, in the BMW MOTORRAD Classroom. Finaly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I saw the 12 week program paperwork, and if you stacked them all together it would look like 7-8 phone books. I have my hands very very full for the next 14 weeks fellas. Good things are worth waiting for. Soon...........

Someone shoot me a pm and I will send the most recent pictures so they can be posted here.
Wow you're too busy for me. Thanks for the update.

Edit: PM sent for pics.
Quote:
Old 06-30-2012, 09:01 PM   #178
GI_JO_NATHAN
Beastly Adventurer

Ok guys. Got the pics from moosemeat, finally able to upload them.
Damn this thing is sexy!

Quote:
Old 07-01-2012, 06:19 AM   #179
hillbillypolack
Grumpy Old Goat

Oddometer: 5,746
How's it run? Dyno numbers / charts?

1996 M900, "Patience" 2012 GS "Sonar" 2008 Megamoto "Big Blue" 2008 S2R "WTF"
hillbillypolack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:16 PM   #180
moosemeat OP
Gnarly Adventurer

WHAT??? No Comments about all of the custom racks and gaurds that I made by hand.......from scratch!!!!!