ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2011, 06:56 PM   #181
arrowhead rider OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS View Post
I want to see the picture that she took of you when you attempted to get to the other side. There's more to the story as I remember, something about being stuck or tipped over. I assume that's the Heartbreak Hill area of the 600 Road.
Okay,okay, here it is!
Attached Images

arrowhead rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:01 PM   #182
arrowhead rider OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymerle View Post
hey guys I should be able to pick up the new bike today or tomorrow, if I can reach the owner, then I can be the butt of your jokes.
Looking forward to riding with you!
Old 06-07-2011, 07:33 PM   #183
MikeS
Motorcycle hacker

Oddometer: 685
Okay,okay, here it is!

I want to make sure I understand this right. So, this is the first picture of the series:

AND then, this is the next. The caption might be, "Put the camera in your pocket, walk across the water, and come help." The response of course might be, "I don't want to get my feet wet."

Only to finish at the end with this, which looks barely up the hill from image #2. Of course, she probably said, "I didn't want to come across because then I'd miss this picture."

She is absolutely the best adventure rider there is. She stays on the other side, pink camera in hand, ready for the shot. She's perfect, definitely good genes.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:57 PM   #184
arrowhead rider OP
Studly Adventurer

The proper order is the picture of the fallen bike is the middle picture. I originally ommited that one. Still trying to figure out my weekend plans for sure. I will let you know.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:51 PM   #185
arrowhead rider OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Great to hear about the upcoming bike arrival. There was talk about riding this coming weekend, although no tour guide has volunteered yet. Maybe Ontario, like finding the other side of the Outlaw Bridge, then up to Northern Light Lake?? I know there is road access to the north side of Gunflint Lake, but I don't know how to get there... I'm open to any reasonable or unreasonable ideas.

As you have seen, there is photographic proof of some of the blunders, for the entertainment of all. You will be in the company of riders with plenty of talent to entertain.

Make the announcement once your bike arrives. Ya-hoo!!
Saturday morning I will have some riding time if you or anyone else would like to head up to Ontario. I too have wanted to hit those roads you mentioned. I will be with the family friday at the inlaws cabin so meeting in Hovland would work for me.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:44 PM   #186
kknuth
Up Nort!

Oddometer: 190
Question

Hey guys these trails look great. I have been mapping out the Trans-Minnesota Adventure Trail over at http://MinneADV.info. The furthest Northeast that trail goes is Ely. How could I get some of you Northeast locals to draw me up a map of the very best dual sport trails in that area? I am thinking of connecting to the the Trans-Minnesota Adventure Trail by starting near Two Harbors , heading up to the old Hwy61 border crossing (shown in the last few posts) and then heading back to Ely to connect with the Trail again. Kind of a "Northeastern Loop". Can someone give me a .gpx file, google map, or turn by turn directions of the best forest roads to take for this route?
I think a lot of other riders would enjoy this area if we could give them a recommended route to follow.

-KK.
kknuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:32 AM   #187
arrowhead rider OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kknuth View Post
Hey guys these trails look great. I have been mapping out the Trans-Minnesota Adventure Trail over at http://MinneADV.info. The furthest Northeast that trail goes is Ely. How could I get some of you Northeast locals to draw me up a map of the very best dual sport trails in that area? I am thinking of connecting to the the Trans-Minnesota Adventure Trail by starting near Two Harbors , heading up to the old Hwy61 border crossing (shown in the last few posts) and then heading back to Ely to connect with the Trail again. Kind of a "Northeastern Loop". Can someone give me a .gpx file, google map, or turn by turn directions of the best forest roads to take for this route?
I think a lot of other riders would enjoy this area if we could give them a recommended route to follow.

-KK.
I would be happy to help. along with MikeS and c-zulu we could map out a perfect route for you. Or should I say for all of us.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:10 AM   #188
MikeS
Motorcycle hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowhead rider View Post
I will be with the family friday at the inlaws cabin so meeting in Hovland would work for me.
How about the Hovland General Store? I can be there by 9AM easily, or earlier. I don't have any maps of Ontario, other than maybe a Provincial map. I'll look on my mapping software to see what's possible. Unless you have more maps or knowledge, it's follow our noses.

tommemerle; is there a bike in your garage? Are you coming? Time preference in Hovland, you can call it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kknuth View Post
How could I get some of you Northeast locals to draw me up a map of the very best dual sport trails in that area?
I have some tracks still on my gps. I can download them to mapsource and forward them to you. That is a start. Send me a pm with your email address.

MikeS screwed with this post 06-09-2011 at 04:20 AM
MikeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:18 AM   #189
kknuth
Up Nort!

Oddometer: 190
Laugh TMAT Northeastern loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowhead rider View Post
I would be happy to help. along with MikeS and c-zulu we could map out a perfect route for you. Or should I say for all of us.
Great! PM me whatever you have. Thanks for the help! and like I said, it can be paper maps, gps files, or chicken scratchings on kleenex. Doesn't matter. We can start with something basic and get it posted, then hopefully everyone can comment on it and refine it.

-KK.
kknuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:46 PM   #190
NORTH RIDER
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 718
tuesday ,wed ???

any of you guys wants to (or can ) go riding on tuesday or wednesday ??
i don't think i can make it next weekend. looks like this will be a lot of fun, too bad for me

north rider
NORTH RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:45 PM   #191
arrowhead rider OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTH RIDER View Post
any of you guys wants to (or can ) go riding on tuesday or wednesday ??
i don't think i can make it next weekend. looks like this will be a lot of fun, too bad for me

north rider
I'm out for during the week. A couple of us will be on your side of the border on saturday. Otherwise hopefully another time.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:49 PM   #192
arrowhead rider OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
How about the Hovland General Store? I can be there by 9AM easily, or earlier. I don't have any maps of Ontario, other than maybe a Provincial map. I'll look on my mapping software to see what's possible. Unless you have more maps or knowledge, it's follow our noses.

tommemerle; is there a bike in your garage? Are you coming? Time preference in Hovland, you can call it?

I have some tracks still on my gps. I can download them to mapsource and forward them to you. That is a start. Send me a pm with your email address.
9am sounds fine. I will check for a map but we can always hit the information center on the Ontario side.-Hopefully Tommymerles killer puppies didn't already chew holes in his tires!
Old 06-09-2011, 06:11 PM   #193
NORTH RIDER
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 718
saturday plan

do you guys have a plan for saturday? i'm off work. i think another ADV member was looking to ride as well. if the weather is good maybe we can all meet up.

north rider
NORTH RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:48 PM   #194
arrowhead rider OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
do you guys have a plan for saturday? i'm off work. i think another ADV member was looking to ride as well. if the weather is good maybe we can all meet up.

north rider
The weather is always good for riding! We are planning on going on the Northern light lake road. We should be at the border around 10am. going to stop at the visitor center for a map. If you guys can make it we would definately like to meet up. I will check the site untill tommorrow morning. after that I will be off grid.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:49 PM   #195
MikeS
Motorcycle hacker

Meeting up would be great! At least two of us are meeting at Hovland, MN around 9AM, for coffee first, then head to the border. We can meet at the Information Building just north of the border crossing around 10AM. The current plan is to ride towards Northern Light Lake, including a stop at the old international border crossing at the "Outlaw Bridge" site. I'm also curious about trying to find a way to the north side of Gunflint Lake. I know there are some cabins on your side. If you have destination ideas, we're gullible Yankees.

Edit: Oh ya, we're on central time. Let's make that 11AM eastern time north of the border, which is 10AM central. Does that work?

Quote:

north rider