ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2012, 08:42 AM   #1246
MikeS
Motorcycle hacker

Oddometer: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalters View Post
And yes, you CAN bring a trailer up and down my driveway in the winter.... momentum! And a lot of sand....
For purposes of banter:Talk to me first. I'll provide you with the unbiased truth. Yes, I have done it, in winter, a number of times. However, certain winter preparations are critical. JW's place will be a great place for motorcycles, so don't hesitate to take up his generosity before everyone in the area has their bikes in his garage....

Tech day would be fun. I'd be glad to come and contribute/participate. I'm no expert, but I do know my way around my own bikes. It might be better to do something like this when folks can actually ride their bikes. I'm good for electrical farkles, auxiliary lighting, flats, tire changing, ergonomics and wind management... plus some BMW specific things. I've had a good number of BMW's over the years. I'd like to know more about suspension set up and suspension in general. That can get really technical, but basics and specifics to my own F650 would be kool.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:52 PM   #1247
arrowhead rider OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalters View Post
Does anyone know who owns/rides that Moto Guzzi Quota near Lester Park and HW 61 in Duluth? I see it parked outside near the road all the time, sweet machine.
I haven't seen a moto Guzzi. Are you sure you aren't looking at the black 2009 klr parked one block north and just west of the lester river? I can understand how you might get them confused!- I too am very interested in a tech day and also have the room to host one. The challenge may be finding a free day this time of year that isn't spent
arrowhead rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:12 PM   #1248
older-not-wiser
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Mike S and Arrowhead Rider, I spoke with Arrowhead at the Brainerd ride this past weekend about your upcoming Continental Divide ride and I am very interested in riding with you if you will allow an old man to tag along. I'll try not to slow you down too drastically. If that sounds reasonable, I would sure like to discuss it with you. I ride a KRL so I hope that wouldn't be an embarrassment.

Jerry
older-not-wiser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:18 AM   #1249
redneckdan
Hold my beer & watch this

Oddometer: 576
Just got back to Michigan from the quad cities area. Didn't find a short term apartment so it looks like I am going to be setting up my wall tent at the Gilbert Campground near the Iron Range OHV park for a month of so until we can close on a house. If any one is in the area stop on by. Look for the big white canvas tent, silver FZ1 and barbie colors KLR250. Supose to start work on the 4th of June.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:56 PM   #1250
WhisperTheWind
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymerle View Post
Whenever someone calls me Mr. Christiansen I feel like turning around to see if my dad is behind me. Let's just keep it tom, tommy, tommymerle or hey you.
You might know me from my days on Dayton Ave. in St. Paul. You helped us rehab an upstairs apt.

D.
WhisperTheWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 03:10 PM   #1251
tommymerle
advwanabee

Oddometer: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhisperTheWind View Post
You might know me from my days on Dayton Ave. in St. Paul. You helped us rehab an upstairs apt.

D.
I should have known, Doug.....Are we not supposed to use our real names here? Is this sort of like AA? Hi, my name's Tom and I'm an ADV rider.
You all may have heard this, Some guy with an ADV sticker on his bike got off and a kid asked with a smirk, "What does that sticker mean? The rider replied, "The police made me put that on my bike it stands for Angry, Depressed, Violent."
Old 05-24-2012, 03:44 PM   #1252
WhisperTheWind
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildknits View Post
Hello WTW,

Mr. Wildknits is a mechanic (aircraft) so has an advantage on me in that area and tries to be patient with my attempts. A Tech Day in this area seems like a great idea.
I may have met your husband when my GF and puppy went for a walk on the end of park point. Upon returning to the hack, I gent walked up to inspect, saying he was a mechanic at Sky Harbor. Was it he?

D.
WhisperTheWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:11 PM   #1253
arrowhead rider OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by older-not-wiser View Post
Mike S and Arrowhead Rider, I spoke with Arrowhead at the Brainerd ride this past weekend about your upcoming Continental Divide ride and I am very interested in riding with you if you will allow an old man to tag along. I'll try not to slow you down too drastically. If that sounds reasonable, I would sure like to discuss it with you. I ride a KRL so I hope that wouldn't be an embarrassment.

Jerry
All aboard! We are leaving the last week of July.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:56 PM   #1254
wildknits
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhisperTheWind View Post
I may have met your husband when my GF and puppy went for a walk on the end of park point. Upon returning to the hack, I gent walked up to inspect, saying he was a mechanic at Sky Harbor. Was it he?

D.
WTW - indeed it was him. We "hanger" our bikes there (no garage or off-street parking at home) when the weather is less than bike friendly. I think he mentioned meeting you and told me about your bike (or is it bikes? - my memory is like a steel sieve).
wildknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:41 PM   #1255
older-not-wiser
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowhead rider View Post
All aboard! We are leaving the last week of July.
You guys need to let me know when and where to meet you and is there anything special I need to bring? Other than camping gear, some cooking utensils and maybe a change of underwear, oh yeah, dry socks.
older-not-wiser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:32 AM   #1256
jwalters
Farkle Proliferator

Oddometer: 2,153
Anyone want to meet up at the Trussle Inn this evening? Say 8pm?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Proliferator of Farkles of Mass Percussion
jwalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:38 PM   #1257
c-zulu
Resident Dirt Burner

Oddometer: 1,187
7 and I'm game.. Got to work Saturday morning

I just realized what time it is, ooops.

c-zulu screwed with this post 05-25-2012 at 05:25 PM
c-zulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:33 PM   #1258
arrowhead rider OP
Studly Adventurer

If anyone is interested in riding I could do a saturday afternoon,monday or tuesday.Long ride or short.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:59 PM   #1259
Snomore
Northwoods Rider

Oddometer: 204
Arrowhead Rider.. I am interested, but I have gas smell with the new tank which I'm trying to figure out. Probably not a big deal because I can't find any leaks. I have a feeling the fuel pump noise I was hearing earlier is just because it's in a plastic tank rather than the original, so it's just something new to listen too. I can't see what I could have done to the pump to hurt it in the transition. Right now I have it pretty much torn apart in the shed, but it can be put back together pretty quick. I'm putting in an aux power outlet. Still have some welding to do tomorrow (Sat.) for a bracket. She's turning into a Caddy!
Old 05-26-2012, 05:18 AM   #1260
MikeS
Motorcycle hacker

Oddometer: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowhead rider View Post
If anyone is interested in riding I could do a saturday afternoon,monday or tuesday.Long ride or short.
Monday for half a day is possibile for me. I won't know for sure until Saturday night. We could meet at Beaver Bay.

I was up the Gunflint Trail last night for the fish fry at Trail Center. Nice evening for a ride. Hopefully JW and others had a good ride to Trestle Inn.