Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2012, 07:29 PM   #2116
Saltydog86
village idiot

Oddometer: 972
I have the end eng on my 350, work great.
05 Yamaha XT225
03 Honda Goldwing GL1800
Saltydog86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:02 PM   #2117
ABYSS
KTM

Oddometer: 1,198
1/2 cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusgatos View Post
Just started a new thread in the vendor forum, and thought some of you guys might be interested in the trick new KTM parts that we're making, so here are a few pictures and links (click on the pics).

Man these look cool but man they are way to involved. three clamps as side and the dual pinning is over kill and just add's weight. The foot pegs look very interesting but again look way to beefy and depending on the material would be really havey compared to all the other options out there. With the tools you have availabe why dont you guys take on some of the things that no one else has already done and mastered. Of fthe top of my head I can think of three of four things that would be major hits that no one has addressed yet or if they had the y have not been to the caliber of the Abilities you guys have demonstrated.
ABYSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:27 PM   #2118
Zuber
Zoob

Oddometer: 1,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by teambft View Post
Anyone install risers?
How high can I go before having to replace cables?
The cables dont seem to have much slack.
Also, any experience with brands? The End Eng ones look decent. And im sure the Rox are good.
I just raised the bars about 1 1/2" using the Fastway steering damper sub-mount. If you ever think you may want a steering damper, think about getting just the mount. It slips on much easier than the others and is not as expensive. It will take the Fastway F3/F5 or a Scotts/Ohlins damper.

The cables had plenty of room. I think you could go up another 1" or so with no problem, so total of 2 1/2". The throttle cables would be the first bind, so you could flip the throttle over to get another 1" or so.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:10 AM   #2119
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by teambft View Post
Anyone install risers?
How high can I go before having to replace cables?
The cables dont seem to have much slack.
Also, any experience with brands? The End Eng ones look decent. And im sure the Rox are good.
If you want quality, functionality and durability there is nothing that will beat the Highwaydirtbikes risers. They are the only ones that mount using all 4x M10 bolts into the top triple clamp which is critical for stability as you go higher, they include a stabilizer mount that will fit Scotts, Fastway and probably other dampers, and it's even adjustable should you ever switch to different offset clamps on this bike or the next.

IMO it's in a different league compared to the other stuff, and still fairly priced.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:21 AM   #2120
jesusgatos
fishing with dynamite

Oddometer: 2,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABYSS View Post
Man these look cool but man they are way to involved. three clamps as side and the dual pinning is over kill and just add's weight. The foot pegs look very interesting but again look way to beefy and depending on the material would be really havey compared to all the other options out there. With the tools you have availabe why dont you guys take on some of the things that no one else has already done and mastered. Of fthe top of my head I can think of three of four things that would be major hits that no one has addressed yet or if they had the y have not been to the caliber of the Abilities you guys have demonstrated.
Not sure I'm following you. What's way too involved? Are you talking about the handlebar perches? There are only two pinch-bolts on each perch, and I'm sorry but I don't know what you mean about dual-pinning. The footpegs are still in development, so hard to say how those will end-up. The little bit of FEA testing that we've done suggests that they ARE way overbuilt, but would rather start with something like that and whittle it down than the other way around. Shoot me a PM if you have any ideas that you'd like to share with us, or post-up in our vendor thread. We're always open to that kind of thing, but don't want to take this thread too far off-track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukasM View Post
If you want quality, functionality and durability there is nothing that will beat the Highwaydirtbikes risers. They are the only ones that mount using all 4x M10 bolts into the top triple clamp which is critical for stability as you go higher, they include a stabilizer mount that will fit Scotts, Fastway and probably other dampers, and it's even adjustable should you ever switch to different offset clamps on this bike or the next.

IMO it's in a different league compared to the other stuff, and still fairly priced.
2nd that. Paul makes really nice stuff and using all four 10mm bolts is the only way to go.
jesusgatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:10 AM   #2121
teambft
teambft

Oddometer: 1,166
Quote:

Sounds good. I knew you guys would have the answer
This bike still amazes me. I finally got it out this past Saturday for a REAL ride. We did some very aggressive enduro/single track stuff about 30 min north of Chattanooga in the Sequatchie Valley. Old timber mining areas. Very rocky, hilly sections, tons of water crossings and it was muddy! The bike found traction unlike anything I've ever ridden in my life. It tractored up rock walls well. It pulled super hard but still smooth and predictable....so it was really controllable. We pulled over for our first break and I looked at my fellow riders and said "this thing is freaking magic". It made me faster than I've ever been. Damn....KTM really nailed this one.
teambft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:36 AM   #2122
ABYSS
KTM

i'll send you a PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusgatos View Post
Not sure I'm following you. What's way too involved? Are you talking about the handlebar perches? There are only two pinch-bolts on each perch, and I'm sorry but I don't know what you mean about dual-pinning. The footpegs are still in development, so hard to say how those will end-up. The little bit of FEA testing that we've done suggests that they ARE way overbuilt, but would rather start with something like that and whittle it down than the other way around. Shoot me a PM if you have any ideas that you'd like to share with us, or post-up in our vendor thread. We're always open to that kind of thing, but don't want to take this thread too far off-track.

2nd that. Paul makes really nice stuff and using all four 10mm bolts is the only way to go.

please dont think I am busting your balls man I am always excited to see folks that have the creativity and also the means to make cool stuff like this.

those foot pegs look very intelligent Much better than Pivot pegs and the Fastways. I am currently running the big foot Zipty's but I like the ARCH you have in them. I and fine with the Ziptys but not so much of the add on of them I prefer a once peice peg. If the foot print of yours is close Ill take at least one pair

Im gong to goto PM mode as to not distract from the threads purpose any more.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:39 AM   #2123
SteveO
Huh???

Oddometer: 1,163
Quote:

Agreed. Paul is not only a great guy to work with, his parts are top notch quality that can take a beating. My Brushguard mounts are scratched up big time and have kept my handle bards from being tweaked over the many, many soil-samples. HDB is top quality and tougher than nails.....

Life is a mist in the wind, here today and gone tomorrow; know who you are and where you are going after you pass through death's door.
SteveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:53 AM   #2124
teambft
teambft

Oddometer: 1,166
Quote:

I didnt see any risers on HDB's website....of course I'm still a couple coffees shy of a morning. I emailed them asking.
teambft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:06 AM   #2125
ABYSS
KTM

Pissed what the hell!!!

Quote:

PAUL YOU FAILED TO MENTION that your riser will work with fastway/promotto!!
Old 08-14-2012, 07:18 AM   #2126
bill1960
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 356
Quote:

What position (1-4) does the HDB riser put the handlebar.
bill1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:48 AM   #2127
ABYSS
KTM

Knowing Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1960 View Post
you still have all four options
Old 08-14-2012, 08:35 AM   #2128
cross-country

Oddometer: 1,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1960 View Post
Paul has a few risers but his new stuff, using all four 10mm bolts into the triple, puts the bars in the #3 position.
cross-country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:53 AM   #2129
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by cross-country View Post
Paul has a few risers but his new stuff, using all four 10mm bolts into the triple, puts the bars in the #3 position.
Yeah these are the ones that I meant. They are not on the website yet but if you email Paul he will be able to get you set up with whatever you need. Pretty sure that he is using them on his own 500 as well.

Here is an animation he sent me that shows how they work:

Old 08-14-2012, 09:01 AM   #2130
EVELKNIEVEL
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Cool2 Motocrossing? on a street legal duel sport????

Hey ktmers Finally got my photos from a few weeks back

HAPPY LANDINGS
EVEL KNIEVEL
EVELKNIEVEL is offline   Reply With Quote