Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2012, 09:14 AM   #2131
jesusgatos
fishing with dynamite

Oddometer: 2,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABYSS View Post
please dont think I am busting your balls man I am always excited to see folks that have the creativity and also the means to make cool stuff like this.
No, no way. We welcome the feedback, especially constructive criticism. Want to make the best products possible, so it's inevitable that people will point out ways that we can improve on things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABYSS View Post
you still have all four options
Quote:
Originally Posted by cross-country View Post
Paul has a few risers but his new stuff, using all four 10mm bolts into the triple, puts the bars in the #3 position.
Aren't the perches reversible, so there should be at least two mounting options? Our new KTM stabilizer mount uses all four mounting points, but is a little bit different than Paul's setup. The long bolts that extend all the way through the HDB perches make that a wicked-strong assembly, but also limit the adjustability slightly. On the other hand, our setup only uses a single bolt to secure each handlebar perch, but you can still use the perches in any of the four mounting positions. We're only offer a stabilizer mount initially, but will have spacers available separately soon.

jesusgatos screwed with this post 08-14-2012 at 10:14 AM
jesusgatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:11 PM   #2132
Colemanfu
King of all manfu

Oddometer: 3,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by teambft View Post
Sounds good. I knew you guys would have the answer
This bike still amazes me. I finally got it out this past Saturday for a REAL ride. We did some very aggressive enduro/single track stuff about 30 min north of Chattanooga in the Sequatchie Valley.
+1 for SV. We rode there back in June during TN3Day. We started off with 2 days of single track on Carter Mt. then over to the valley. You got it real good up there - much more fun then flat FL ____________. SV tested my ability to pick lines on just rocks . Not sure if it was the lack of rain but we spent a lot of time in the river beds? And the 500 did great - me just ok ha.

Old 08-14-2012, 04:26 PM   #2133
Davonat
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Best Time EVER!

Just got back from 10 days in Taylor park.......FREAKIN AWSOME!!!..... My 500 EXC ran flawless the whole time! Serious improvement over my last trip to the single track trails up in the U.P. of Michigan. Put the JD tuner on and bumped the tps to .640 not a single stall or flameout! Put on a FMF muffler and this thing pulls like a D8 catapillar tractor. Did lots of single track trails every morning till we couldnt stand up on the pegs anymore Getting old I guess, but the quad trails and jeep roads are fun too, especially when you can see no one is coming and can open er up. A word of advise to anyone going there....... GET A GOOD SKID PLATE! you will need it. My Enduro Engineering plate came home with several potential case cracking dents. Also have rain proof riding pants and a good coat of Rain X on your goggles. After a rain too the clay trails become grease. No 1 aked to see a Colorado off road sticker......and the police dont seem to mind plateless bikes riding into Crested Butte on the roads as long as you ride sanely. And dont forget a stop at The Secret Stash pzza place....... expect a 2 hour wait......but worth it! 1 more thing... if you like to trout fish.... There are monster fish in Taylor River all along the road up to the dam. I also recommend Cement Creek camp ground and the Mirror Lake camp ground above Tin Cup. Cant wait till next summer to go again!!! "Keep the seat side up" Davo
Davonat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:25 PM   #2134
ABYSS
KTM

Oddometer: 1,198
it didnt happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davonat View Post
Just got back from 10 days in Taylor park.......FREAKIN AWSOME!!!..... My 500 EXC ran flawless the whole time! Serious improvement over my last trip to the single track trails up in the U.P. of Michigan. Put the JD tuner on and bumped the tps to .640 not a single stall or flameout! Put on a FMF muffler and this thing pulls like a D8 catapillar tractor. Did lots of single track trails every morning till we couldnt stand up on the pegs anymore Getting old I guess, but the quad trails and jeep roads are fun too, especially when you can see no one is coming and can open er up. A word of advise to anyone going there....... GET A GOOD SKID PLATE! you will need it. My Enduro Engineering plate came home with several potential case cracking dents. Also have rain proof riding pants and a good coat of Rain X on your goggles. After a rain too the clay trails become grease. No 1 aked to see a Colorado off road sticker......and the police dont seem to mind plateless bikes riding into Crested Butte on the roads as long as you ride sanely. And dont forget a stop at The Secret Stash pzza place....... expect a 2 hour wait......but worth it! 1 more thing... if you like to trout fish.... There are monster fish in Taylor River all along the road up to the dam. I also recommend Cement Creek camp ground and the Mirror Lake camp ground above Tin Cup. Cant wait till next summer to go again!!! "Keep the seat side up" Davo
unless there is a ride report with pics!
ABYSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:36 PM   #2135
tentative_rider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
quick tire question

anyone running maxxis desert IT 120/100 18 rear on their 500 EXC? Got one im gonna mount and wondering if it will rub the airbox deflector. i don't want to change gearing right now. Thanks. (my 2013 came with a 140/80 18 maxxis EN).
tentative_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:49 AM   #2136
Enduro Outlaw
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Rare, but it happens. I'm getting a new '13 500 next week. I may just buy some 5/16th I high pressure line from my local auto parts and install it along with my Golan filter I'm getting via Amazon. Just be done with it and not worry. If you are seriously worried about a rupture you can 1) run the bike and see if you have one and then deal with it or 2) just take care of it ahead of time assuming that the probability is high enough to warrant the trouble of purchasing line and installing it. End of discussion.

Stu
I have a 13 500 exc and my fuel line burst on the trail and had to push it about mile back home. It burst between the tank and the disconect facing the engine right at the elbow. I went to the store an bought a 250 psi 5/16 and fixed the problem. Screw warranty, i don't want another junk hose. I don't know why KTM would not just put a steel braided line on the bike. The fuel line just hangs there. I tucked mine in with out crimping it. The part says ECO on it. I could be wrong but i'm guessing it's made of some substandered synthetic rubber. Anyway if you have a new or old bike, i would add upgrading your fuel line to your list of addons to a better one asap as the clock is ticking.

You don't know living until you have pushed your bike nearly a mile up hill. By the way i added a 6" hose and extra hose clamps to my tool bag just incase.
Enduro Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:48 AM   #2137
rtadlock
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,236
After my fuel line blew twice on my '13 xcw I added a few more things to my tool kit as well...
Old 08-15-2012, 09:18 AM   #2138
teambft
teambft

Oddometer: 1,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtadlock View Post
After my fuel line blew twice on my '13 xcw I added a few more things to my tool kit as well...

Is this isolated to the 2013's or the 2012 500 EXCs as well??? I've got about 1,200 miles with no issues thus far.
teambft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:30 AM   #2139
ABYSS
KTM

Oddometer: 1,198
Its the 2013's

Quote:
Is this isolated to the 2013's or the 2012 500 EXCs as well??? I've got about 1,200 miles with no issues thus far.
I beleive
ABYSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:10 PM   #2140
Vico1
The Maestro

Oddometer: 5,771
Unfounded observation and SWAG

KTM simply got in an order (maybe 1000s of feet) of shitty fuel line some time during the late '12 production,
It apprears to be worse with the XCW and 450s...

We have 3 2012 riders with no issues and two 450s with multiple strikes. they gave up and bought good high pressure lines and replaced everthing.

Quality control KTM!!!

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:07 PM   #2141
Enduro Outlaw
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Quote:
Tick... Tick.. Tick.. I can hear the clock running..lol I'd replace it just incase. You don't wanna be stranded or have your bike burst into flames. My fuel line was gushing fuel onto my hot engine.. not good. The bike is built like the space shuttle.. it's a rocket ship with a $5 dollar fatal flaw. I'd hate to see someone get hurt or loose their bike for a cheap rubber hose.
Enduro Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:41 PM   #2142
teambft
teambft

Oddometer: 1,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enduro Outlaw View Post
Tick... Tick.. Tick.. I can hear the clock running..lol I'd replace it just incase. You don't wanna be stranded or have your bike burst into flames. My fuel line was gushing fuel onto my hot engine.. not good. The bike is built like the space shuttle.. it's a rocket ship with a $5 dollar fatal flaw. I'd hate to see someone get hurt or loose their bike for a cheap rubber hose.
So I could get the hose at an auto parts store? Do you know the inside/outside diameter? Thanks
teambft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:36 PM   #2143
pitbull doug
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 214
Quote:
So I could get the hose at an auto parts store? Do you know the inside/outside diameter? Thanks
Plus 2 there and what type FI hose clamps you guys running as the oem are crap too.
13 ktm 500 exc
01 Honda cr500
pitbull doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:56 PM   #2144
oldx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbull doug View Post
Plus 2 there and what type FI hose clamps you guys running as the oem are crap too.
5/16 hose and most any good auto supply has special FI clamps
oldx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:23 AM   #2145
xrldtg
Deep sand softness tester

Oddometer: 31
This EFi fuel line has happened twice to my buddy with his 2013 500exc. he was at the dealer yesterday to get his line replaced from the first time. The first time, it burst 20 miles from the end of a DS ride. 2nd time was yesterday while he was test riding it after the fix, solo and a couple miles from a road. I kept telling him to just go to an auto parts store and get some high quality high PSI fuel line, but he's hell bent on the dealer dealing with it. We've got a big ride this weekend and I'm thinking aboout stopping at an auto parts store on my way up North this morning and picking up the line myself......damn stubborn firends. at least I'll have a back up line to get him back to camp without having to leave him stranded at a closed down strip club in the middle of nowhere, like the first time.
xrldtg is offline   Reply With Quote