Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 12:52 PM   #2476
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stein4 View Post
Received my handguards from Highway Dirtbikes and came across the clutch cable issue of rubbing against the left swivel; just woundering if anyone has come up with a good solution? Thought about changing the light switch to the Highway Dirtbike swith or the sicass one; has anyone tried this and did it work? Thanks
Known issue that has been discussed in this thread before, do a search.

A smaller switch assembly is the simple solution.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:05 PM   #2477
spsduc
spsduc

Oddometer: 99
500 EXC 6 Days

Finally my 2013 500 EXC 6 Days has arrived

[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]Photobucket

I talked to the dealer re restricters etc, and he said they take out the airbox restricter, intake restrictor, mesh off the muffler and I also notice they've removed the lambda sensor from the exhaust. That's what the plug in the spares kit is for. He said they put the "Open map" in it, whatever that means. He didn't go into detail re maps.

It doesn't come with the canister you lucky folk in the US get:)

I think it's the Aussie version.

It seems to run fine. I only had a short blast though I'm intending to spend some quality time on it this weekend:)

Excuse the mess in the garage, it's a (very small) rental property and most of our household stuff is in the garage!! Move into our house in December:)

spsduc screwed with this post 09-27-2012 at 02:21 PM
spsduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:37 PM   #2478
Stifdickerson2006
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 127
Quote:
Received my handguards from Highway Dirtbikes and came across the clutch cable issue of rubbing against the left swivel; just woundering if anyone has come up with a good solution? Thought about changing the light switch to the Highway Dirtbike swith or the sicass one; has anyone tried this and did it work? Thanks
QUOTE=Stifdickerson2006;19542688]

Here are some pictures I took of how the wireing should be from the universal thin switch housing I bought from HDB/Tusk brand. I did not splice into the wires themselves but used the plug from the oem switch and added new bullets connectors and here is how it should look. If any one needs further info please let me know. Please understand I am by no means good with electrical stuff but I thought it would be nice to post this pic for other people possibly in the same situation. The black wire (ground) loops back into the lower last position of the plug.

In order LT to RT Top to Bottom
1.white 2.black 3.solid blue
4.blue w/white stripe 5.green 6. black loop from #2[/QUOTE]
Old 09-27-2012, 03:10 PM   #2479
Stein4
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Thanks - I will order a switch from HDB. I was sure that I read that was the fix when researching handguards but after searching the internet and this thread for an hour or so this morning figured I would throw it out there again. Alot of great info on this thread, but not easy to find it again when going back searching (even with the search feature).

Really like the handguards; had to do a little tweaking to get a good fit but came out nice. Added the 2.5 inch risers bringing the handle bars up an inch. This made all the difference in the world; I'm 6 foot and it's a very comfortable ride sitting and standing. Only problem now is the top clamp blocks the computer; I don't look at it much when riding but if it's becomes an issue I'll add the computer protector.
Stein4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:17 PM   #2480
teambft
teambft

Oddometer: 1,155
WOW - I like the graphics!!! That is purdy!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spsduc View Post

[IMG][/IMG]

I talked to the dealer re restricters etc, and he said they take out the airbox restricter, intake restrictor, mesh off the muffler and I also notice they've removed the lambda sensor from the exhaust. That's what the plug in the spares kit is for. He said they put the "Open map" in it, whatever that means. He didn't go into detail re maps.

It doesn't come with the canister you lucky folk in the US get:)

I think it's the Aussie version.

It seems to run fine. I only had a short blast though I'm intending to spend some quality time on it this weekend:)

Excuse the mess in the garage, it's a (very small) rental property and most of our household stuff is in the garage!! Move into our house in December:)
teambft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:17 PM   #2481
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Thanks - I will order a switch from HDB. I was sure that I read that was the fix when researching handguards but after searching the internet and this thread for an hour or so this morning figured I would throw it out there again. Alot of great info on this thread, but not easy to find it again when going back searching (even with the search feature).
The trick is knowing how to search for stuff. Google to the rescue: Enter exactly what you want to find into the search field, and then add site:advrider.com

In your case it would be:
hdb guards touching clutch line 500 exc site:advrider.com

First link will take you to the right point in this thread where this was discussed.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:21 PM   #2482
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spsduc View Post
[IMG][/IMG]
I really like my 2012 FE570 but those new Six Days editions are definitely the sexiest dirt bikes ever made!!
Old 09-27-2012, 03:33 PM   #2483
harcus
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,298
Tank / Fuel Line info

Here are some pics from Stu. He could not easily post. He will expound...

1. Panel / 13 L tank alignment - Note that the seat lines up very well but that there is a gap between the tank and the side panels

2. Horn - horn mount location so it can be heard

3. Rubber Bush - The rubber bushing that the instructions were very unclear about

4. Filter / Hose - the new hose routing and two nylon ties along with my location for the Golan filter

Current rides - '14 KTM 1190 R Adv <2k, '07 990Adv 39k, '12 500EXC 7k, '09 GasGas 300 Raga
harcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:34 PM   #2484
avconnect
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
Quote:
I identified the problem earlier in this thread and have not found a solution short of a custom cable. Living with it right now. I bought the Sicass switch and it saved a bunch of real estate on the left handlebar and added clearance on the backside for a folding clutch lever.
avconnect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:35 PM   #2485
avconnect
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukasM View Post
Known issue that has been discussed in this thread before, do a search.

A smaller switch assembly is the simple solution.
The smaller switch does not solve the clearance problem at the left swivel on a HDB setup.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:40 PM   #2486
Bengt Phorks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram350 View Post
To those who are using automotive fuel line replacement and worrying about the line kinking. The solution is to go to the hardware store and find a spring that fits tightly ove the hose where it bends. With the spring on, there is no way that the hose will kink.
You can also get one that fits inside the hose.
Bengt Phorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:11 PM   #2487
Bengt Phorks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
I dont want to sound like a commerical here but I installed a JD Turner (kept settings they recommended - in other words just installed it) and I am hard pressed to find anything wrong with my scoot NOW. No flame out anywhere... no lean pops or any other problem that I can see or feel.... well except instant throttle means instant wheel spin ( l live in deep sand remember).

The bike just runs clean and crisp. Not sure what mapping will offer over what I have.

The JD turner was money well spent IMHO...
I went the same route as you and the JD tuner did make a difference in the way the bike ran. Fuel mileage stayed the same.50MPG
I just got the Euro unrestricted Map installed and there was a definite performance increase. I set the JD Tuner to the "3" settings and left it in the bike. Maybe JD will come up with some new settings for the new map.
With the new map you get the bonus of the map select settings; mild, standard, and performance. From what I've read it changes the spark advance. -2 degrees, 0 degrees, +2 degrees.
The map settings do make a difference in how the bike performs. In the real rocky or technical sections the mild setting makes the throttle less responsive at low speeds and the bike feels like it has an electric motor in it. It feels like the rear tire is glued to the ground. It doesn't have any less power, you just don't have to be so precise with the throttle. Standard is the all around setting. Wild boosts the top end performance. These are seat of the pants observations, your pants may vary.
I run the stock silencer with the screen baffle installed. Zero noise, the neighbors love me.
Bengt Phorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:46 PM   #2488
Stein4
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by avconnect View Post
I identified the problem earlier in this thread and have not found a solution short of a custom cable. Living with it right now. I bought the Sicass switch and it saved a bunch of real estate on the left handlebar and added clearance on the backside for a folding clutch lever.
I saw your earlier post but did not see a fix; I'm going to go with the smaller switch and keep an eye on it. I don't think it will be an issue. Thanks
Old 09-27-2012, 09:52 PM   #2489
Stein4
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukasM View Post
The trick is knowing how to search for stuff. Google to the rescue: Enter exactly what you want to find into the search field, and then add site:advrider.com

In your case it would be:
hdb guards touching clutch line 500 exc site:advrider.com

First link will take you to the right point in this thread where this was discussed.
Thanks to the tip on how to refine internet searches; did a few searches with good results.
Just reinforces my earlier comment on this site and the people on it - what a great site. I'm even learning computer skills!
Old 09-28-2012, 05:14 AM   #2490
avconnect
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
I saw your earlier post but did not see a fix; I'm going to go with the smaller switch and keep an eye on it. I don't think it will be an issue. Thanks
The other solution lies with HDB. i have exchanged emails with Paul at HDB and sent photos but he has not offered a solution.