Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2012, 08:30 PM   #2746
theantipaul
Reforming Neandertal

Oddometer: 1,119
That one is the Baja Designs switch, the Sicass has a cover on the key, but the switch is the same, so it doesn't work as well.

Man lived, Man suffered, Man died

theantipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:04 PM   #2747
Night Crawler
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
What are the HDB options for moving the factory key switch?
Night Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:34 PM   #2748
theantipaul
Reforming Neandertal

Oddometer: 1,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
What are the HDB options for moving the factory key switch?
I can get it to fit, but it won't be centered like this,

the underside of the switch is too bulbous and hits the bars, it will fit between the bars and the computer mount, but then it is very close to the front edge of the top clamp.

I do have these though,

They're just like everything else, not on the site yet. I'd love to say it's cause I'm just too lazy, but right now I'm just trying to keep up.

Man lived, Man suffered, Man died

theantipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:14 AM   #2749
garrett
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 449
Hi Paul.

If the picture above works with the factory KTM key, disregard the email I sent you.

Garrett
Old 11-06-2012, 09:18 AM   #2750
Shivanshu
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
That is one cool bike....I think if we give it a dual purpose tyre it would be good for city commuting as well
\
Shivanshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:43 PM   #2751
teambft
teambft

Oddometer: 1,198
Dang - very trick.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by theantipaul View Post
I can get it to fit, but it won't be centered like this,

the underside of the switch is too bulbous and hits the bars, it will fit between the bars and the computer mount, but then it is very close to the front edge of the top clamp.

I do have these though,

They're just like everything else, not on the site yet. I'd love to say it's cause I'm just too lazy, but right now I'm just trying to keep up.
teambft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:31 PM   #2752
Sportdog
n00b

Oddometer: 4
EXC 500 extended use

Hey guys, I posted in the wrong section (orange crush) and should have came here.
Looking to buy a exc 500, but it seems nobody has had one of these things long enough to see how well this thing will hold up. Everyone talks about changing oil all the time and I understand the ktm manual calls for service more that any other type dualsport bike. I understand it takes less oil, so that would contribute. I see there's several for sale out there and a few on this site, but nobody has a lot of miles on them. I had a drz400 that was bullet proof, can the owners of these 500 say the same thing it just seems like their high maintence. I like the light weight, good handling and performance, but if the thing needs constant maintence, how do you ride the TAT or any other long (2-3k miles) at a time without worring about the thing gernading?
Anybody got some insight on this?
Thanks
Sportdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:24 PM   #2753
Wentjo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportdog View Post
Hey guys, I posted in the wrong section (orange crush) and should have came here.
Looking to buy a exc 500, but it seems nobody has had one of these things long enough to see how well this thing will hold up. Everyone talks about changing oil all the time and I understand the ktm manual calls for service more that any other type dualsport bike. I understand it takes less oil, so that would contribute. I see there's several for sale out there and a few on this site, but nobody has a lot of miles on them. I had a drz400 that was bullet proof, can the owners of these 500 say the same thing it just seems like their high maintence. I like the light weight, good handling and performance, but if the thing needs constant maintence, how do you ride the TAT or any other long (2-3k miles) at a time without worring about the thing gernading?
Thanks
I have a DRZ 400 and a 500EXC, I wouldn't say its maintance is any worst then the DRZ, in fact I think the DRZ has given me more problems this summer then the 500 did. I have 1200 mile on it since August with zero issues. I'll probably sell the DRZ now, because the 500 is so much better.
Wentjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:57 PM   #2754
harcus
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportdog View Post
Thanks
What are "a lot of miles". I have 48xx on mine in 1 year. Some may have more. I think the oil change interval fear is far over blown. I have not had 1 failure to date & this scoot has NOT been babied!

And, have we had any "grenades"? If so, I missed them

Just go buy one & ride the piss out of it!

Current rides - '14 KTM 1190 R Adv <2k, '07 990Adv 39k, '12 500EXC 7k, '09 GasGas 300 Raga
harcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:13 PM   #2755
AussieClay
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
"BTW does your hose have the '13W12' lot number on it?"

Are fuel line hoses with the lot number 13W12 considered good or subject to the recall?

I called a dealer today and they knew nothing about the recall...
AussieClay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:44 AM   #2756
EVELKNIEVEL
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Cool2 spedo

does any won have a stock spedometer for sale
mine is busted ..pm me
there 180 new ouch mine works the left side is coming apart
theres internal screws that hold togher i can tape it to prevent water damage but i would rather have new
also is there a internal memory if i get a new one and plug in will it automaticly set the hours and miles or can i set new
thx my ktm brothers

happy landings
evel knievel

EVELKNIEVEL screwed with this post 11-07-2012 at 02:06 PM
EVELKNIEVEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:56 PM   #2757
SteveO
Huh???

Oddometer: 1,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVELKNIEVEL View Post
does any won have a stock spedometer for sale
mine is busted ..pm me
there 180 new ouch mine works the left side is coming apart
theres internal screws that hold togher i can tape it to prevent water damage but i would rather have new
also is there a internal memory if i get a new one and plug in will it automaticly set the hours and miles or can i set new
thx my ktm brothers

happy landings
evel knievel

PM sent

Life is a mist in the wind, here today and gone tomorrow; know who you are and where you are going after you pass through death's door.
SteveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:04 PM   #2758
SteveO
Huh???

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO View Post
Here is my current setup

Here you can see just how deep the TrailTech backing plate is....

Sorta forgot what my mount looked like......

Quote:
Originally Posted by theantipaul View Post
Hey guys, I actually just started to offer that, it's new and SteveO, I have a new style IPod mount it you want to mount your computer on the lower mounts.

Is this the new style ipod mount?

Life is a mist in the wind, here today and gone tomorrow; know who you are and where you are going after you pass through death's door.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:07 AM   #2759
bill1960
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO View Post
yup, thats the one

if you have this kind of socket, you definitely want to get an adapter too

then you can use a 12v usb charger to repower ipods or phones or whatever

Stevo.

Any info on how that series of connections holds up to offroad use, ie, device plugged into USB charger plugged into adaptor plugged into powerlet.

Is it more for charging when stationary like at a campsite with no mains power ?
bill1960 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:33 AM   #2760
SteveO
Huh???

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1960 View Post
Stevo.

Any info on how that series of connections holds up to offroad use, ie, device plugged into USB charger plugged into adaptor plugged into powerlet.

Is it more for charging when stationary like at a campsite with no mains power ?

yeah.......I wouldn't ride with this combination plugged in.

I have a separate plug from Powerlet for the cell phone that I can use when I'm riding.

powerlet plug to Micro USB plug, perfect for today's smartphones.
However, my cable is much shorter, couldn't find the short one on their page.

I've used this setup when I've done Single Track riding and I've had no issues. The Ram mount needs to be on a short connected to minimize any potential leverage swing of the phone.....So far, it has worked great.