Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 06:17 PM   #3091
Bengt Phorks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmee View Post
2012 500exc 3000 miles 107 hrs Desmoged stock pipe JD6X tuner

Riding hard New years day on the gas Scooter suddenly stopped running. Would not take throttle. Will run up to 1/8the throttle Removed JD tuner same problem. No FI code. Stock 10 micron fliter at the fuel rail has been removed. Running a Golen 10 micron in line. Pulled throttle body off getting good fuel to fuel rail. Cleaned and back flushed injector. Sprays good. Powered it up off the bike and it seems good. Put it all back together same problem. Think I now need to know how to check the TPS. I'm at a loss guys-need some help. Thx
T.P.S Read all about it here:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=18725422

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....postcount=1203
Bengt Phorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:34 PM   #3092
AussieClay
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmee View Post
Aussie Is that 4.0 volt value in the video good for the 2012 500 EXC? Mine is 3.86
0.601 - 3.8V is KTM standard spec. from memory.
AussieClay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:05 AM   #3093
SteveO
Huh???

Oddometer: 1,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff aka BOLT View Post
People that cause dead picture links on forums should be shot !

Sorry, I'm trying to revamp my PhotoBucket.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll get em fixed.

Life is a mist in the wind, here today and gone tomorrow; know who you are and where you are going after you pass through death's door.
SteveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:47 AM   #3094
ngads
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJktmRider View Post
Anyone interested in a 2012 KTM 500 XCW with 30 hours? I have papers in hand.. I am located in South Jersey.
Damn, if it was an exc I would be !
ngads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:36 PM   #3095
Johnnyktm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice_Rumble View Post
Anyone make replacement plastics for the 500 EXC in colors other than orange?
I live in Europe (Spain) and some weeks ago I purchased a used (11 months old) KTM 2012 500 EXC with about 2000 miles, and the original owner had installed a KTM (Acerbis) white plastic kit with some KTM original power parts decals, and it looks like that:

By the way: I found this thread when searching some information about my new bike, and I am REALLY HAPPY that I found it, as this forum in general, and this thread in particular, is absolutely AWESOME, and the wealth of information that you offer about this bike is priceless!

Thank you all for all the time and effort that you put into helping other 500 exc owners with our machines!
Johnnyktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:38 PM   #3096
SteveO
Huh???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyktm View Post
I live in Europe (Spain) and some weeks ago I purchased a used (11 months old) KTM 2012 500 EXC with about 2000 miles, and the original owner had installed a KTM (Acerbis) white plastic kit with some KTM original power parts decals, and it looks like that:

By the way: I found this thread when searching some information about my new bike, and I am REALLY HAPPY that I found it, as this forum in general, and this thread in particular, is absolutely AWESOME, and the wealth of information that you offer about this bike is priceless!

Thank you all for all the time and effort that you put into helping other 500 exc owners with our machines!

Welcome to the MAD House!!!

Life is a mist in the wind, here today and gone tomorrow; know who you are and where you are going after you pass through death's door.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:11 PM   #3097
Atomic Wedgie
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengt Phorks View Post
Do a search for "Throttle Position Sensor". It could be set wrong which will affect the flameout issue.
You can leave the JD Tuner in even with the new map. I use the unrestricted euro map. Put the stock silencer back on and see if that helps.That is what it is tuned for.
Seems like the new Euro map that I had loaded solved 99% of the problem, still has a slight bobble just on roll on but it's no worse than any other bike I've owned. I left the FMF pipe on and it worked very well. Laid out the 2nd loop of a National Hare & Hound and rode for six straight hours over some incredibly difficult terrain and only had two flame outs. I'm much happier with the bike now to say the least.

I did end up getting a short somewhere in the wires that lead to the fuse that controls the sturn signals, horn, fan etc. Thought it was from the wires rubbing underneath the radiator cap but I dont see any breaks in the wiring harness. Found a connector to the left turn signal that had been crunched, but I can't imagine that would cause the fuse to blow out.
Atomic Wedgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:21 PM   #3098
Nice_Rumble
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyktm View Post

Looks good in white although "less is more" when it comes to the decals.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/212396922304662/

Promote responsible trail riding and trail stewardship.
Nice_Rumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:45 AM   #3099
EVELKNIEVEL
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgie View Post
Seems like the new Euro map that I had loaded solved 99% of the problem, still has a slight bobble just on roll on but it's no worse than any other bike I've owned. I left the FMF pipe on and it worked very well. Laid out the 2nd loop of a National Hare & Hound and rode for six straight hours over some incredibly difficult terrain and only had two flame outs. I'm much happier with the bike now to say the least.

I did end up getting a short somewhere in the wires that lead to the fuse that controls the sturn signals, horn, fan etc. Thought it was from the wires rubbing underneath the radiator cap but I dont see any breaks in the wiring harness. Found a connector to the left turn signal that had been crunched, but I can't imagine that would cause the fuse to blow out.
replace your headlight bulb it will cause fuse to trip the stock bulbs dont last long
EVELKNIEVEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:48 AM   #3100
garrett
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVELKNIEVEL View Post
replace your headlight bulb it will cause fuse to trip the stock bulbs dont last long
I just installed an ADVmonster headlight and it's very bright. It comes with a dimmer switch to control the low beam, so you can turn it off or roll it to full bright, but the switch is cheap and the knob broke off. If you do go with an upgraded light I would look at the Baja Designs Squadron for about an extra 100.00. The light itself seems to work well but I cant say I'm impressed with the quality of the switch on the ADVMonster unit. The price of the total kit with the light is around 200.00.

Garrett
Old 01-09-2013, 11:01 AM   #3101
garrett
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgie View Post

Nice that it's working right now. My bike has a very slight lag right off idle, that might be due to throttle cable adjustment. I've got about 5 hours of single track use on the bike now and it's great. I would like a slightly harder hit right off the bottom but I think I need to do the adjustment and it should be alright.

Garrett
Old 01-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #3102
Johnnyktm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO View Post
Welcome to the MAD House!!!
Thanks! It feels really good here!!

Quote:
Yes, one can always decide to install just the plastics, and not the decals, and therefore, saving $180 for them

http://www.expomoto.net/expomoto/loc...7508190400.JPG
Johnnyktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:35 PM   #3103
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 29,144
I ordered this pipe guard on November 29th.
It finally arrived today.

No contact from this retailer telling me it was on back order... nothing.
This is the last time I will purchase from this particular website.

Thank goodness I didn't dent my header pipe during the unexpected/unexplained wait or I would have been ticked.

Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:55 PM   #3104
Colemanfu
King of all manfu

Oddometer: 3,146
to each is own

Quote:
I agree with the decal theory (and white ha) - and apply the theory to all my machines - from Harley to dirt bike to the truck I drive. I'm a boring dude and it's reflected through my rides . i do respect the right to individuality and don't judge or push my beliefs. Hay, it's your ride - do what ya want. If you dig stickers go for it.

I do have a few stickers to support my local sponsors. Iron Horse Saloon and Willies Tropical Tattoo .

I really enjoy seeing the direction everyone goes with their 500. They all seam to be set up a little different to suit the owners likes and needs. All the different plastics, stickers, racks and handle bar/dash set ups are cool to check out. This thread has a tremendous amount of knowledge available to new owners or existing owners.

Colemanfu screwed with this post 01-09-2013 at 02:04 PM
Colemanfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:08 PM   #3105
SteveO
Huh???

in my humble opinion, stickers are advertisement for whatever company. Since companies are not likely to pay me for advertising, I'm not to apt to put their stickers on my bike. In one case, Thor was very good to me in that they provided me with some extra parts for my knee protectors. With that kind of A1-Quality service, I was happy to put their sticker on my bike. All others, pay up or embed it in the product, like HDB does. Of course, HDB gives us all great rates for an excellent product....