Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2013, 06:17 AM   #5071
OKDQ
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
as far as the Scott's stabilizer goes...
being 6'1" same as you, I run a BRP submount, pro taper windham bend bars, and a Highway Dirt Bikes top clamp and am VERY pleased with this setup.
How about posting a couple of pics of this set up, please? I suppose you are using the HDB handguards too since you are using the HDB top clamp, is that right? Any thing diffucult about getting this combination to work together, or does it pretty much just bolt together?
Old 12-04-2013, 09:01 AM   #5072
avconnect
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
Look at page 126 of this thread for photos of my setup. I am 6'5" so I have tall risers with my HDB setup. However, if you spend time standing up even my setup would feel fine for a 6' rider. It would only feel tall when sitting down.

The only challenge with the HDB setup for me was the routing of the clutch cable. Others had similar issues but some did not. I just left mine as is and have not seen any wear or performance issues yet but I still wish a solution would materialize. Paul at HDB is great to work with and makes a quality product. Perhaps he has subsequently found a solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKDQ View Post
How about posting a couple of pics of this set up, please? I suppose you are using the HDB handguards too since you are using the HDB top clamp, is that right? Any thing diffucult about getting this combination to work together, or does it pretty much just bolt together?
avconnect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:22 AM   #5073
scudrunner82
human whoopy cushion

Oddometer: 1,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingNorcal View Post
Thanks for the reccomendations. For those suggesting the brp submount, is it the rubber mounted one your suggesting? Or the standard? If rubber, it looks as if they would prevent your fork tubes from being able to be raised. Not sure if that matters to me as I'm sure the geometry is fine for me stock, but just sayin.
Tough to see in the pics but they actually machine out a relief so you get about 1/4 inch to play with in adjustment.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

350, 450, 848, 900, 1190r

"Adventure is worthwhile in itself" -Amelia Earheart
scudrunner82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:59 AM   #5074
Night Crawler
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
Definitely go with the HDB stuff it cant be beat! He makes risers and a billet protector for the computer as well. The Bullet Proof Designs guards will not fit if you bend your rads at all, so make them your first priority! Ask me how I know
Night Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:15 AM   #5075
OKDQ
Studly Adventurer

I've had HDB hand guards on another bike and agree the product and service both cannot be beat. I'm just not sure whether the BRP cushioned submount works with HDB hand guards. Probably just need to call Paul and ask, I'm sure he knows.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:21 AM   #5076
scudrunner82
human whoopy cushion

Oddometer: 1,737
Consider the Fastway hand guard setup too. Thats the route I will be taking on my 350EXC.

http://www.promotobillet.com/p-22569-hand-guards.html

350, 450, 848, 900, 1190r

"Adventure is worthwhile in itself" -Amelia Earheart
scudrunner82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:46 PM   #5077
noahr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 321
Love the Fastway bars and how they mount!
I would like to mount my Zeta plastics with integrated signals onto the bars. Anyone make that work?

these:

onto these
noahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:47 PM   #5078
Stifdickerson2006
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKDQ View Post
I've had HDB hand guards on another bike and agree the product and service both cannot be beat. I'm just not sure whether the BRP cushioned submount works with HDB hand guards. Probably just need to call Paul and ask, I'm sure he knows.
Yes it works fine with the HDB set up and the rubber BRP sub mount. I also went with the HDB anti vibe inserts. With this set up and well balanced wheels long freeway rides at high speeds is no prob (depending on gearing). Use the highest bend bar with this set up and you shoudld be fine. I am also 6'1 and this set up with out bar risers works perfect for me.

Old 12-04-2013, 04:44 PM   #5079
OKDQ
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scudrunner82 View Post
Consider the Fastway hand guard setup too. Thats the route I will be taking on my 350EXC.

http://www.promotobillet.com/p-22569-hand-guards.html
Looks nice, but I can't tell from their photos if it is set up for an under bar mount on the dampener. Under bar mount is a must for me. Any here have the fastway set up installed? Pics?
Old 12-04-2013, 04:45 PM   #5080
OKDQ
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifdickerson2006 View Post
Yes it works fine with the HDB set up and the rubber BRP sub mount. I also went with the HDB anti vibe inserts. With this set up and well balanced wheels long freeway rides at high speeds is no prob (depending on gearing). Use the highest bend bar with this set up and you shoudld be fine. I am also 6'1 and this set up with out bar risers works perfect for me.

That looks like the hot ticket to me!
Old 12-06-2013, 12:17 AM   #5081
greg570
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Open exhaust

I bought a used akrapovic slip-on...without the quiet insert...so it is fully open. I have the eu map on the bike. Is it ok to ride?...will ECU compensate for the increased flow? Is it true that I should let the bike idle for 15 min to adjust to the new exhaust? How do you know if the bike is runnig to lean?
greg570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:45 AM   #5082
noahr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
Sounds like more than an isolated case.

Lest us know when you actually get the bike back. I am gathering info on dealer repair times.
Picking up the bike today! I dropped it of last Thursday and they said it would be ready Tuesday and it was ready Thursday at the end of the day.
In my experience this is FAST! One week total.
I'm very pleased.
noahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:40 AM   #5083
MasterMarine
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahr View Post
Picking up the bike today! I dropped it of last Thursday and they said it would be ready Tuesday and it was ready Thursday at the end of the day.
In my experience this is FAST! One week total.
I'm very pleased.
Could you get the part number of the actual shifter part that broke? If it does not cost too much, I might want to have one in my spare parts bin.

Thanks!
MasterMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:17 PM   #5084
ZenMoto
Bikeslut

Oddometer: 679
Hey guys, I've been powering through this thread, and not having any luck. Can anyone summarize what (if any) differences there are from 2012 -> 2013 and 2013 -> 2014 models?

I'm looking to replace my XR650R with a Katoom, just trying to figure out if it's worth the money to grab a current model year bike, or go for a leftover for a grand less.

Also, for my fellow desert riders, how does it handle the deep sand (like Afton Canyon)? One thing I loved about my XR was how stable it was in a sand wash.

Any comments on either subject would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

Save $5 on a photo hosting accout at
https://www.smugmug.com/signup.mg by inserting cupon code R1bXVzHCYtHts

ZenMoto screwed with this post 12-06-2013 at 02:24 PM
ZenMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 03:41 PM   #5085
irongrady
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241

Got the rims on the truck powder coated to match the beast.. I think I drank too much orange kool aid..
irongrady is offline   Reply With Quote