Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2012, 05:15 AM   #1306
Joby Rebel
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
I love this thread!!! Of course I love this bike:) My headlight is toast too with 28 hrs. Just put supermoto setup on it, Holy shit I'm in trouble:) What a kick in the ass. Thanks for all the awesome info.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:23 AM   #1307
Lulu7404
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 265
sumo!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joby Rebel View Post
I love this thread!!! Of course I love this bike:) My headlight is toast too with 28 hrs. Just put supermoto setup on it, Holy shit I'm in trouble:) What a kick in the ass. Thanks for all the awesome info.
I'm about to cash in my penny jar for some SUMO's. Which set-up did you go with? Did you get a cush hub? Pics please.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:34 AM   #1308
Joby Rebel
Adventurer

I got the warp 9 wheels and contiforce tires. I wanted the mag wheels like in my avatar but I got these from a buddy with extra sprockets and a new chain and rotors and the 320mm front rotor and bracket, oh ya, and axle sliders for six hundred bucks from a buddy. And the tires still have the tits on them:) So I couldn't complain. I'll get some pics up in a bit.I put them on last night at about midnight so I dont have any pics yet but soon. Gotta have a little coffee:)
Old 05-25-2012, 05:44 AM   #1309
Joby Rebel
Adventurer

Well nevermind. Evidentally I am too new to post pics or somethin. It says at the bottom I may not post attachments. So thats GAY
Old 05-25-2012, 06:56 AM   #1310
toddler
Unpronouncible

Oddometer: 2,685
My bulb went at about 30hrs as well.
toddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:59 AM   #1311
toddler
Unpronouncible

Quote:
Well nevermind. Evidentally I am too new to post pics or somethin. It says at the bottom I may not post attachments. So thats GAY
Nothing wrong with being Gay, but something wrong with not making a full effort to post pics. Give it some more effort sport. Let us know if you continue to have problems.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:35 AM   #1312
Colemanfu
King of all manfu

Oddometer: 3,315
17 in wheel code

Quote:

Cool - anyone know the code for a 17 in front? It comes setup for a 21. With 17's my speedo was way off.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:56 AM   #1313
Davonat
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Quote:
Yeah....... I cant post pics of my bike either... Whats up with that?...
Davonat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:02 AM   #1314
EVELKNIEVEL
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Cool2 wheel speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colemanfu;[SIZE=2
18764707[/SIZE]]Cool - anyone know the code for a 17 in front? It comes setup for a 21. With 17's my speedo was way off.
Originally Posted by Zuber
To Set the 'Wheel Speed'... I don't think this is in the Owners Man.

Push the 'O' to display the 'H' (hours)

Hold the 'O' down 3-5 sec to go into the setup screen

Push the 'O' repeatedly to highlight the 'WS' (wheel speed in the lower left corner)

Push the '+' to select WS, the number '2205' standard 21" wheel dia is displayed.

Use the '+' or '-' to adjust the diameter in mm.

Push the 'O' to accept the value.

Hold the 'O' down to exit the setup and save.

Anyone check out the accuracy of the standard settings?
EVELKNIEVEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:02 AM   #1315
B-Rod
RubberNecker

Oddometer: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colemanfu View Post
Cool - anyone know the code for a 17 in front? It comes setup for a 21. With 17's my speedo was way off.
I found this. I have a set of 17's on the way for my 525, so I've looked around a little. Easiest way to find the circumference is by rolling it on the floor, not by applying the grade 8 mathematics below. Sloog of something wet on your tire, roll until you have two splooges on the floor, and measure between them.

Quote:
I too have just bought a set of motard wheels for my KTM 450EXC (05 model) and was scratching my head as to how to change the Wheel Size setting. After reading your comments on this thread I went and tried just unplugging the 3pin plug that connects into the Digital speedo (the one that has the black, brown and red cables to it). I then just pressed the Mode "O" button to turn it on, then just got into the normal setup menu (holding the O button for 3 secs from the Speed/Hours display I think). The difference now with the cable unplugged is first there is no backlight (because the bike battery is unplugged), and second there is now a WS shown as one of the options.....so you simply press the "O" mode button until the WS option is flashing, then just press the "+" button once to go into the Wheel Size setup screen - it should be showing 2205 if it is still set as factory for a 21" front. Using the "+" and "-" buttons you can just adjust the wheel size to the correct circumference based on whatever you have installed. Note this includes the rubber. I have worked mine out to be about 1822 based on a 17" front rim with a 120/70R17 motard tyre on it. Once you have got the right number set, just hold the mode "O" button for about 3 seconds to save the setting. I then just waited for the unit to turn itself off and then plugged the 3pin cable back in and hey presto, job done.

I have only just done this change and haven't been out on the road to test it, but I will double check it against my GPS to see how accurate it is when take it out. If I make any changes I'll let you know.

For those who are interested in working out the exact figures, the measurements are in millimetres and you can calculate the circumference as wheel diametre (in mm) x pi
(pi = 3.14159265 approx). Hence working the 2205 backwards, a 21" wheel with rubber should have a diametre of about 701mm
Old 05-25-2012, 01:13 PM   #1316
toddler
Unpronouncible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davonat View Post
Yeah....... I cant post pics of my bike either... Whats up with that?...
Lets see those pictures.....

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=919
Old 05-25-2012, 09:16 PM   #1317
Davonat
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddler View Post
My bulb went at about 30hrs as well.
You can get a good replacement from Sicass or Enduro Engineering....... They are brighter too I replaced mine before it went. Also check the head light angle... mine was shinning way up into space... No bulb worked !

1 more thing..... careful with the O ring around the bulb holder.....They are 12 bucks at the dealer...U can figure out how I know this...I got spares. Sicass or EE also make an LED that will fit and it ROCKS.... except its not dimable, high beam only.

Davonat screwed with this post 05-26-2012 at 06:39 PM
Davonat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:45 AM   #1318
HeadintheClouds
Adventurer

Video link

Here is one of the video clips from a ride I took with 2 buddies around the NW corner of NC. The 500 never skipped a beat! More to come.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuhG66AFaUU

Hope you enjoy
HeadintheClouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:42 PM   #1319
308 Sniper
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
2013 500 exc

OK,
I put a deposit on a 2013 KTM 500 EXC around 2 weeks ago. When are they scheduled for delivery to the US? The dealer says anytime between June and August. I need this bike now and am drooling over pics and vids. Great info guys. Now I need to save up more money to properly outfit it. This will be my first new bike purchase. Kinda sucks that I will have to upgrade it from the beginning just to make it run right, but I do know that it'll be worth it.
Thanks

Oh, and btw I had to redefine my bike collection to be able to afford this. I just sold my 03 CBR600RR and have for sale my 02 KTM 640 LC4 enduro which it will be replacing. It took about a month for me to pull the trigger, but I know it'll be worth it after riding a 2012 500 around a month or so ago.
308 Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:13 PM   #1320
jpdiller
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Whats up everybody, still trying to figure out a solution for the scotts damper/steering stem nut clearance.....
I got something else for y'all, the big foot kickstand. How do you get the stock kickstand end piece off?

Happy riding everybody, hope you all are enjoying a long weekend.

JP
jpdiller is offline   Reply With Quote