Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2012, 09:10 PM   #1396
Davonat
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperliteric16 View Post
So has anyone from California, or even the U.S had their EXC ECU remapped for the XC-W?? I keep calling dealers and they keep telling me its not possible.
As far as ive read... so far....The only way to change the EXC fuel mapping is buy a whole XCW ECU or the JD jetting tuner (Which I did) And as far as ive heard the ignition mapping plugs do work.... My dealer gave me a set when I picked up my bike, Although I havent tryed those yet..... Its got balls enough with the stock timing plug Davo

PS Since you are new......And may not have read all this in the past posts.... You "HAVE" to check the postion of your rocker arm shafts!......... My dealer was clueless as to the Service Bulletin..... In fact I think he thought I was BSing him till I showed him the bulletin here at ADV RIDER......on page 78 Post # 1156

Davonat screwed with this post 06-08-2012 at 03:25 PM
Davonat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:54 AM   #1397
GR0NK
Got some screws loose!

Oddometer: 1,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davonat View Post
he thought I was BSing him till I showed him the bulletin here at ADV RIDER......on page 78
FYI, some people have different forum settings and the page number may not match. I have it set to max number of posts per page and thus this thread is only 14 pages long for me. It is preferable to indicate the post number as it appears in the upper right portion of the post. You can even link it as it is also a hyperlink.

Sean

Nullus Vereor ex Terra Incognita
GR0NK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:19 AM   #1398
avconnect
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
I had mine remapped. No way to be sure but the dealer said it appeared to take. Did not have enough miles in the saddle before to know how much of a difference between the before and after the remap.
avconnect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:23 PM   #1399
Davonat
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR0NK View Post
FYI, some people have different forum settings and the page number may not match. I have it set to max number of posts per page and thus this thread is only 14 pages long for me. It is preferable to indicate the post number as it appears in the upper right portion of the post. You can even link it as it is also a hyperlink.

Sean
Hmmmm Thanx Sean.......didnt know that... I will edit and include the post #
Old 06-08-2012, 03:48 PM   #1400
toddler
Unpronouncible

Oddometer: 2,678
Just gas tanks just sent my 5.3g tank for the 500 xc-w. I'll install and get some pics out next week.
toddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:03 AM   #1401
Mifune
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddler View Post
Just gas tanks just sent my 5.3g tank for the 500 xc-w. I'll install and get some pics out next week.
That's encouraging news. I received a note from them a week ago that they expected to be getting the tanks in within the next couple of days and would let me know when mine had shipped - no further word yet.

Update 12 June 2012: UPS says it has shipped.

Φίλα μου τον κώλο.

Mifune screwed with this post 06-12-2012 at 08:46 AM
Mifune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:28 PM   #1402
dr350maniac
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 161
Quote:
PS Since you are new......And may not have read all this in the past posts.... You "HAVE" to check the postion of your rocker arm shafts!......... My dealer was clueless as to the Service Bulletin..... In fact I think he thought I was BSing him till I showed him the bulletin here at ADV RIDER......on page 78 Post # 1156
Mine had the problem, only with one of the shafts. Exhaust rocker shaft was OK, intake was not.

I stumbled across service bulletin on Thumpertalk Monday and my dealer fixed my bike this week.
dr350maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:04 PM   #1403
Mifune
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 493
Sprockets and chain links

I know a lot of people are running 500 EXC with 14/48 using the stock chain as delivered with 15/45 sprocket sets. But I'm wondering whether anyone here has geared their EXC as the dirt bikes are delivered (i.e., 13/50) and, if so, how many chain links you needed. Maybe that's the same question as how many links the stock XCW is delivered with.

Φίλα μου τον κώλο.
Mifune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:39 PM   #1404
Davonat
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mifune View Post
I know a lot of people are running 500 EXC with 14/48 using the stock chain as delivered with 15/45 sprocket sets. But I'm wondering whether anyone here has geared their EXC as the dirt bikes are delivered (i.e., 13/50) and, if so, how many chain links you needed. Maybe that's the same question as how many links the stock XCW is delivered with.
I havent installed the 13/50 sprockets yet so cant say for sure you need links or not.....But the axel adjuster blocks are reversable.... shorter on 1 side. I would think KTM did this so you dont have to go to a longer chain or have 2 master links. Just guessing though.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:36 PM   #1405
SWATDOC
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Couple things - Just Gas Tanks does have the new Acerbis tanks in stock for the EXC/XCW 350's and 500's - my 3 gallon model is on the way via UPS right now - plus you can get them in black, which is what I ordered.

On the ECU mapping - the KTM part numbers for the EXC ECU and the XCW ECU are exactly the same. Only difference is the mapping the dealer installs. I'm guessing the ECU's come from the factory "blank", and the dealer is responsible for installing the appropriate map.

The map you want to get is for the european EXC 500, which is unrestricted. The map number is: KM787EU12C0601.
I have a copy and can email it to anyone who wants. The issue will be trying to find a dealer to install it for you.
SWATDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:49 PM   #1406
FZcruzer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 356
Hello,
Does anybody know the bike year range that the same bar risers will fit. I am looking at getting risers and such from Paul at DBH but need some risers by next weekend. I am thinking of just buying some risers to get me by until I can get what I need from Paul. Looking on what is available it looks like many rears of KTMs are interchangeable but I am not sure and have not had KTMs in the past.

Rob,
FZcruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:11 PM   #1407
FZcruzer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 356
Looks like 2000 - 2012,, going to get the Enduro Enginering risers.
FZcruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:43 AM   #1408
helotaxi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWATDOC View Post
On the ECU mapping - the KTM part numbers for the EXC ECU and the XCW ECU are exactly the same. Only difference is the mapping the dealer installs. I'm guessing the ECU's come from the factory "blank", and the dealer is responsible for installing the appropriate map.
Is that for the US EXC model or the rest of the world EXC model (which is really the US XC-W)? The US EXC model is different enough that it has its own owner's manual while all the rest are the same manual.
helotaxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:17 PM   #1409
SWATDOC
n00b

Oddometer: 2
the ECU part numbers are the same for the US model EXC and XCW 500's. And I have the service manual right in front of me (cdrom), and it covers all EXC and XCW models from 2008 thru 2012

Also, for the Map that I have, it is not a HEX file, it's a BLZ file. It won't work with Tune Ecu or any other program. It can only be installed by a factory authorized KTM dealer with the factory ECU programmer. And, the ECU has to be in the bike during programming - you cannot pull it out and send it to a dealer somewhere else.

SWATDOC screwed with this post 06-10-2012 at 01:23 PM
SWATDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:36 AM   #1410
avconnect
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
Quote:
I havent installed the 13/50 sprockets yet so cant say for sure you need links or not.....But the axel adjuster blocks are reversable.... shorter on 1 side. I would think KTM did this so you dont have to go to a longer chain or have 2 master links. Just guessing though.
You will need a longer chain. I have the 13/50 gearing on my EXC.
avconnect is offline   Reply With Quote