Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2012, 06:31 PM   #31
mrphotoman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judotrip View Post
A year on, I am still awaiting any sort of settlement over this fiasco. I did just receive a call from Harley that has had the bike over a year and will be getting it home next week. I am still feeling effects from this with weakness in the back and stamina that is not the same. Some spasams here and there, but I can walk.

Just some steam to let off...
What the hell good is insurance when you pay for everything until they decide what to pay? I want to be ok before signing off, but I wish I could get the property settlement taken care of.

Any others have this same fun with dealing with these sorts of things?
if it has taken that long i would be getting a lawyer
mrphotoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:27 AM   #32
JLeather
Bike Butcherer

Oddometer: 296
Generally you can settle for the property and the injuries separately. The property damage is usually open-and-shut. I had this bike, with this gear. The shop estimates the damage at $XXXX.XX, cut me a check. Insurance companies will try to lump the damage claim in with the injury claim. Sounds like you definitely need a lawyer (which is a shame, but there you have it). Good luck.

By the way, did it take them a year to fix the bike, or has it just been stored waiting for the settlement so they can fix it? I hope they've been exercising it because insurance isn't going to want to pay for the stuck calipers or gummed-up fuel system.
JLeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:02 AM   #33
harley1550
Touring Rider

Oddometer: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeVee View Post
lesson #1: insurance companies are in business to NOT pay.
This sure HASN'T been our experience, with motorcycles, cars, or our home. Quite the opposite. Thank GOODNESS we have had insurance! :) We have been very impressed and pleased with our insurance coverage in our 40 years of buying insurance. I'm sure there are different experiences, and this case going on for a year is strange, as is the bike being with Harley for so long, but I disagree with your comment.

Judo, I sure hope things start looking up for you, QUICKLY. I'll second that 'you are patient' comment! :)
harley1550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:23 PM   #34
reepicheep
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 232
When a Corolla killed my Uly, USAA settled quickly for the property damage. We are still working on the medical, I am waiting to make sure nothing pops up before I settle.
reepicheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:38 AM   #35
Judotrip OP
Torqued to the Max!!

Oddometer: 42
I think I will push for a property settlement sooner then later. I don't like my investment gathering dust. As for the medical I can be patient for that, but it is really f'd up game when it comes to getting compensated for something that was cut and dry...