User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2011, 08:11 PM   #31
Mr2mch OP
Cycledelic Hippie

Oddometer: 2,355
Comanche Co FM591...PLEASE POST YOUR ROAD DAMAGE OR CONSTRUCTION REPORTS

No new findings for me lately other than FM591 in Comanche Co which is under construction from FM1702 to FM1476......Anyone else got any roads with problems to report?? Damage...construction...closure

There's no time like the present....well,cept for maybe that hour when the time changes in the Fall.

cycledelic hippie
Mr2mch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:29 PM   #32
Mr2mch OP
Cycledelic Hippie

Kendall Co Marquardt Rd & Zoeller Ln

We ran into 2 temporary road closures while riding thru the Waring/Welfare area near I10 & Boerne recently.

Zoeller Ln north of Waring had a ROAD CLOSED sign up so we backtracked down Waring-Welfare Rd to Cravey & took it over to Walnut Grove Rd & Marquardt Rd.

At the intersection another ROAD CLOSED sign on Marquardt had us taking Walnut Grove south to RR1376 so we could again head north toward Blanco.

I suspect there were bridge repairs going on on both roads, but did not check to see for sure.

There's no time like the present....well,cept for maybe that hour when the time changes in the Fall.

cycledelic hippie
Old 08-01-2011, 12:43 PM   #33
Mr2mch OP
Cycledelic Hippie

Bell Co -Armstrong Rd

We were riding in the area just east of I35 & north of Salado the other day....I noticed that the bridge on Armstrong road over Salado Creek was still under construction....hence ROAD CLOSED just past intersect with Elmer King Rd.

Should be open soon though.

>>>Added a note to the original first thread post....PLEASE PUT THE ROAD NUMBER OR NAME & COUNTY IN THE POST TITLE FOR EASY REFERRAL

cycledelic hippie

Mr2mch screwed with this post 08-01-2011 at 12:54 PM
Old 08-02-2011, 01:37 PM   #34
seantx
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 600
Sorry for the OT but is there a thread of good roads or routes in the areas N of Austin, S of Waco and W of I-35?

I usually just end up leaving early Sat or Sun morning, heading to Gatesville or Valley Mills area then try to get lost for a few hours.
seantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:26 PM   #35
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Oddometer: 7,833
Simplest thing to do is just go with mr2mch. He's still showing me roads and I've lived here forever. Next simplest? Just do a search on his name. It'll take you to a map of local-ish goodies.
slowoldguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:48 PM   #36
Mr2mch OP
Cycledelic Hippie

Go here....

Quote:
Originally Posted by seantx View Post
Sorry for the OT but is there a thread of good roads or routes in the areas N of Austin, S of Waco and W of I-35?

I usually just end up leaving early Sat or Sun morning, heading to Gatesville or Valley Mills area then try to get lost for a few hours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowoldguy View Post
Simplest thing to do is just go with mr2mch. He's still showing me roads and I've lived here forever. Next simplest? Just do a search on his name. It'll take you to a map of local-ish goodies.
Here's the thread you need to get to the Google map with all the little goodies on it....

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=537485

cycledelic hippie
Old 08-08-2011, 03:03 PM   #37
Mr2mch OP
Cycledelic Hippie

Bosque CR4135 Paved...Only slightly

We took Bosque CR4135 off of FM1238 & around the hills Saturday...It seems like it is reverting back to gravel. Very patchy pavement with almost solid gravel strips each track. Still a fun road on the right bike,but hope the county gets around to resurfacing it at some point. The other roads (CR4100 4125) in the same area were in better shape overall.

cycledelic hippie
Old 08-09-2011, 11:54 AM   #38
Mr2mch OP
Cycledelic Hippie

Bosque co..fm927

The stretch of FM927 between Morgan & Walnut Springs seems to have developed several sharp dips (sinkholes)...at least in the lane headed west outta Morgan. They can catch ya off guard with a sharp jolt to the forks.
The pavement isn't broken (yet) or anything....just collapsed gravel base underneath a bit.

cycledelic hippie
Old 08-09-2011, 12:00 PM   #39
WARRIORPRINCEJJ
Not in the clique...

Oddometer: 8,604
M2M,

I'm really glad you started this thread.

I have been meaning to get-out, and give an update on some of the County Roads west of San Antone. But, lately, life has gotten in the way.

Thanks for the input...

"There's a WEALTH of cool people and knowledge on ADV, there's also a decent sized pocket of douche bag assholes that think their ADV forum Post Count (Oddometer) is their badge at being experienced riders." goodcat8
WARRIORPRINCEJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:19 PM   #40
Mr2mch OP
Cycledelic Hippie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARRIORPRINCEJJ View Post
M2M,

I'm really glad you started this thread.

I have been meaning to get-out, and give an update on some of the County Roads west of San Antone. But, lately, life has gotten in the way.

Thanks for the input...

IT happens....sometimes with a SH in front.....
Hope ya get a chance to ride soon....
doR

cycledelic hippie
Old 09-10-2011, 10:07 PM   #41
WARRIORPRINCEJJ
Not in the clique...

Oddometer: 8,604
Medina, Bandera, and Uvalde Counties...

I have been playing, out west of San Antone, for a coupla' evenings. My route took me through Bandera County, northern Medina County, and eastern Uvalde County.

The grated (gravel) County Roads are a mixture of medium gravel, rock (that is very similar to concrete), and silt.

Despite the fact that most of these roads are kinda' desolate, and appear to have very little traffic, the medium gravel is laying in the middle of the road (where it runs between the car and truck tires).

I'm assuming that a summer's-worth of road traffic, combined with a lack of rain, has beaten the road surface into silt, and then allowed the silt to be blown-away...leaving the rock that makes-up the base.

Surprisingly, the transition from the silt to the rock is not as perilous as it would seem (with a soft sidewall, 70/30 tire). I was runnin' down these roads between 35 and 50 mph, with (almost) no hair-raising moments.

Many of the paved intersections seem very slick...no doubt because of the road grime that has collected during the drought.

As was expected, every creek I crossed was completely dry. And, the gravel (from the County Roads) was collecting on the bridges.

EDIT- Oh...and uhhh...as kind of a little "post script", the friggin' deer were out, IN FORCE (probably goes without saying). I almost shanghai'ed one, at about 70 mph, coming back from Bandera (on 16).

"There's a WEALTH of cool people and knowledge on ADV, there's also a decent sized pocket of douche bag assholes that think their ADV forum Post Count (Oddometer) is their badge at being experienced riders." goodcat8

WARRIORPRINCEJJ screwed with this post 09-11-2011 at 12:21 AM
WARRIORPRINCEJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:40 PM   #42
veriest1
Grand NOOBlet

Oddometer: 1,863
CR 1224A near Rio Vista and Cleburne has a few twists but has recently been "repaved" so there's a lot of loose gravel and much of it is piled up in the corners.
veriest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:46 PM   #43
Mudclod
Mojo Moto

Oddometer: 1,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2mch View Post
We took Bosque CR4135 off of FM1238 & around the hills Saturday...It seems like it is reverting back to gravel. Very patchy pavement with almost solid gravel strips each track. Still a fun road on the right bike,but hope the county gets around to resurfacing it at some point. The other roads (CR4100 4125) in the same area were in better shape overall.
Yeah, we were on Harmon road in Coryell county today and several long sections of gravel maintenance appeared just over the crest of a couple hills!

Down Texas Way
Mudclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:16 AM   #44
seantx
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 600
FM56 between Valley Mills and Glen Rose. Lots of construction and loose gravel.

Lake Travis is little more than a duck pond now but Lime Creek Rd is doing just fine.
seantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:23 AM   #45
veriest1
Grand NOOBlet

Oddometer: 1,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudclod View Post
Yeah, we were on Harmon road in Coryell county today and several long sections of gravel maintenance appeared just over the crest of a couple hills!
Is it cr1450 that goes up to Iredell from the Clifton area? Has the cool looking whitish rock church on a hill off to the right if you're going north?

I rode that thing a month or so ago and almost lost the front due to what you're describing since there was a slight bend at the top of the hill.

Edit: This happened on the day TXJames took to the air over that fence.
veriest1 is offline   Reply With Quote