ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Canada
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-12-2011, 05:55 PM   #61
Weldit
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Weldit's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Muskoka Ontario Canada
Oddometer: 332
Kudoos to KTM Mike - he's got bigger stones than me to ride the 990 through there
the long spot in your video has a solid bottom
this hole is worse - I took a bypass around it on KLX450 ( to left in pic)
watched a atv churn through it -Nasty
later.........
Attached Images
 
__________________
'11 Dakar 990
Weldit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:18 AM   #62
StepOnIt
Assitoner
 
StepOnIt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Huntsville ON.
Oddometer: 932
Wink When

Did you go back and ride the trail again after we went through it? Ya not sure i would want to try and go through it, get stuck and eaten alive .
__________________
The road less traveled is the road I travel more.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." Dean Martin
StepOnIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:35 AM   #63
MTRhead
HOLYSHIFT!!!
 
MTRhead's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Lost in the woods of Muskoka
Oddometer: 1,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldit View Post
Kudoos to KTM Mike - he's got bigger stones than me to ride the 990 through there
the long spot in your video has a solid bottom
this hole is worse - I took a bypass around it on KLX450 ( to left in pic)
watched a atv churn through it -Nasty
later.........

LOL that IS the hole in the vid, we went through from this view, the log on the left is the one that my wife and i got hung up on, it extends about 6ft into the water........

Lots of fun


Any of you guys get out riding during the week? Ever ride the area between 118 and 60, east of 11 all the way over to 35? My schedule is flexible, wknd or wkday
__________________
SE 950R RIP450EXC

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed
by the things you didn't do then by the ones you did do.
MT
MTRhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:16 AM   #64
StepOnIt
Assitoner
 
StepOnIt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Huntsville ON.
Oddometer: 932
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTRhead View Post
Any of you guys get out riding during the week? Ever ride the area between 118 and 60, east of 11 all the way over to 35? My schedule is flexible, wknd or wkday
Well i am working this week, but next week sure sounds good. Also i know that weldit has some days off. Send me a PM and see what we can do for next week. Also i think we are going riding (weldit and dennis) on the 25th weekend. Not sure where but here and there.
__________________
The road less traveled is the road I travel more.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." Dean Martin
StepOnIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:38 PM   #65
Weldit
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Weldit's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Muskoka Ontario Canada
Oddometer: 332
No I wasn't back there again - found that pic posted by a KLR 650 rider

as far as "Ever ride the area between 118 and 60, east of 11 all the way over to 35?"

No - but: lots of riding north of Hwy 60 -Limberlost - Kearney - Burks Falls
also did a day ride through Dwight - Dorset - Livingston Lake
this is Vcrash's neck of the woods
as far as " Ya not sure i would want to try and go through it, get stuck and eaten alive"
check this guy - nasty!
Attached Images
 
__________________
'11 Dakar 990
Weldit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:48 PM   #66
Weldit
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Weldit's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Muskoka Ontario Canada
Oddometer: 332
I am on the three shift schedule for this week - maybe next - what a Joke !!
anyway this week I am free wed - next week I am free mon & tues
would love to get out for a ride
also free every weekend
got my Acerbis tank for KLX - holds almost 12L to the brim - much better!
are you familiar with "the area between 118 and 60, east of 11 all the way over to 35"
later..........
__________________
'11 Dakar 990
Weldit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:51 PM   #67
StepOnIt
Assitoner
 
StepOnIt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Huntsville ON.
Oddometer: 932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldit View Post
got my Acerbis tank for KLX - holds almost 12L to the brim - much better!
are you familiar with "the area between 118 and 60, east of 11 all the way over to 35"
later..........
Good to hear that you can now run more then 100km like the middle boys (me at 13L, big boys have 25+L)
Should be home (Huntsville) this weekend unless more work/ money comes my way . If so we should go and find so pre mudding for the weekend. I will let you know later this week. Also i was going to drop off the gas can today but left it in the car and now it is in Sudbury with me. Not that you should need it any time soon Mr. 12L. If you need one i have a spare at the house?
PM you if i can make a ride next week.
__________________
The road less traveled is the road I travel more.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." Dean Martin
StepOnIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:37 PM   #68
DORION OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
DORION's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Toronto / Magnetawan Ontario CANADA
Oddometer: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by StepOnIt View Post
Good to hear that you can now run more then 100km like the middle boys (me at 13L, big boys have 25+L)
Should be home (Huntsville) this weekend unless more work/ money comes my way . If so we should go and find so pre mudding for the weekend. I will let you know later this week. Also i was going to drop off the gas can today but left it in the car and now it is in Sudbury with me. Not that you should need it any time soon Mr. 12L. If you need one i have a spare at the house?
PM you if i can make a ride next week.
I HOPE MY TANKS GETS HERE SOON AS WELL. ORDERED A CLOCKWORKS 13 L .JUST BOLTED ON RALLY CONNEX 1 1/4" BAR RISERS AS WELL ,NICE .JUST FIX MY KNEE AND GOOD TO GO STILL LOOKS GOOD FOR 25 TH.WE MAY NEED A MOWER FOR AHMIC TRAIL!!!
DORION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:33 PM   #69
Weldit
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Weldit's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Muskoka Ontario Canada
Oddometer: 332
good news on your tank Dennis - hope it gets here before 25th
I looked up the one I remembered on the ODSC classifieds site
it was a 6.3 gallon - big one 23.8L - good for the desert maybe?
Ontario Dual Sport Club View topic - FS - KTM Acerbis 6.3 Gallon Tank; Natural ('08-'10)
would be a good plan to pre-run some trail on east side of hwy 11
so we might make a loop from Nipissing trail to Trout Creek
then take Forestry road around to Burks falls on Dead Horse Trail
this section is all logging road but from Burks falls south I know a few trails
But it's been a couple years and things change a lot when ATV's are involved
around Kearney there is a lot of ATV traffic as they have a club now
The section from Burks falls to Kearney was not bad - 2006 we met a 67 year old
guy on a Harley sportster all covered in mud coming out Kent's mill rd
The sportster was his "offroader" - had pictures of "the big bike" -full Harley roadking
YOU NEVER KNOW WHO YOU'L MEET???
---------------
Step -I know you can't wait to cross the water just west of 11
at least this time - DAYLIGHT would be good!
if it's too deep -after all the rain - there is a bypass up the hydro cut
---------------------------------
I haven't been over around Kearney since '08 - but a guy that lives there tells me
that some of the trails that he used to just drive down to go fishing are now so nasty
that he turned back last year on his Yamaha Rhino - need to see?
I know the 101b skidoo trail around Willie lake was like that in '08 - good in '06
the logging roads usually hold up better - just a few washouts etc
-------------------------- later....
__________________
'11 Dakar 990
Weldit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 04:53 AM   #70
vcrash
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Northern ontario
Oddometer: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldit View Post
No I wasn't back there again - found that pic posted by a KLR 650 rider

as far as "Ever ride the area between 118 and 60, east of 11 all the way over to 35?"

No - but: lots of riding north of Hwy 60 -Limberlost - Kearney - Burks Falls
also did a day ride through Dwight - Dorset - Livingston Lake
this is Vcrash's neck of the woods
as far as " Ya not sure i would want to try and go through it, get stuck and eaten alive"
check this guy - nasty!
Im tied up for the rest of June but open any time in July, If you guys want to set something up date wise we can start at my place and spend at least a day between Dwight, the park and Baysville, most of the trails have been gated however ive got permission and all of the combinations! Im sure some of the southern guys may also want to come up.
vcrash
vcrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 04:58 AM   #71
StepOnIt
Assitoner
 
StepOnIt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Huntsville ON.
Oddometer: 932
Laugh Hehe

Ya would like to do some water crossing but in the daylight too . Does not look so deep and scary in the daylight vs headlight. So both of you guys got bigger tanks so you can hang with me and my huge tank . Now all you need is some power to match . Ordered my Trackmaster so watch out and stay in front or feel the wrath. I am sure i am working in Sudbutynext week this job is bigger then they thought, fools think i am superman . Oh well we will have fun on the 25th.
__________________
The road less traveled is the road I travel more.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." Dean Martin
StepOnIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:36 PM   #72
Weldit
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Weldit's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Muskoka Ontario Canada
Oddometer: 332
Step: Quote" i am working in Sudbutynext week this job is bigger then they thought, fools think i am superman"

Don't feel bad the Morons at the plant think I'm a magician !
or they must - as they constantly want me to make Honey out of cat shite
Vcrash - sounds good - last ride out there for me was when you had the xr600 - 1998 ?
__________________
'11 Dakar 990
Weldit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:32 PM   #73
DORION OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
DORION's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Toronto / Magnetawan Ontario CANADA
Oddometer: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcrash View Post
im tied up for the rest of june but open any time in july, if you guys want to set something up date wise we can start at my place and spend at least a day between dwight, the park and baysville, most of the trails have been gated however ive got permission and all of the combinations! Im sure some of the southern guys may also want to come up.
Vcrash
sounds good to me too!
DORION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:38 PM   #74
DORION OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
DORION's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Toronto / Magnetawan Ontario CANADA
Oddometer: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcrash View Post
im tied up for the rest of june but open any time in july, if you guys want to set something up date wise we can start at my place and spend at least a day between dwight, the park and baysville, most of the trails have been gated however ive got permission and all of the combinations! Im sure some of the southern guys may also want to come up.
Vcrash
Quote:
Originally Posted by weldit View Post
step: Quote" i am working in sudbutynext week this job is bigger then they thought, fools think i am superman"

don't feel bad the morons at the plant think i'm a magician !
Or they must - as they constantly want me to make honey out of cat shite
vcrash - sounds good - last ride out there for me was when you had the xr600 - 1998 ?
"SUPER STEP" and "MAGIC WELD"
DORION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 04:40 AM   #75
vcrash
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Northern ontario
Oddometer: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldit View Post
Step: Quote" i am working in Sudbutynext week this job is bigger then they thought, fools think i am superman"

Don't feel bad the Morons at the plant think I'm a magician !
or they must - as they constantly want me to make Honey out of cat shite
Vcrash - sounds good - last ride out there for me was when you had the xr600 - 1998 ?

i think i remember the ride although foggy! is that the ride were santowski turned an endo into a summersault and landed on his feet?
vcrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014