ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2011, 05:21 PM   #1
Mr. Cob OP
Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,162
I am tired of the Nor-Wet rain, I am going to sunny England......

Howdy All,

Well having had all the Nor-Wet liquid sunshine I can stand for a while I am headed off to the sunny isle of Merry Ole England for a couple of weeks. I'll be back to do the "Black Dog" hope the weather is better by then. Just got back from a bit over a week in Moab, went down there to escape the weather and it wasn't much better. Anyway I'll see you FF's when I get back. Bye, bye.

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Help a CHEAP bastard keep his Smugmug, use this coupon ( geyYbNZwLLrl6 ) thank you.
Mr. Cob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 07:39 PM   #2
Apple Jam
Forest Flyer

Oddometer: 6,149
Don't drown in all that "sunshine" there, Cobby.

The "Dog" will be waiting for you.
We need you for a prerider: you can make nice dual tracks through the snow for the rest of us !
...then that land should be open for public use" (peterman)
Apple Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 07:57 PM   #3
DaFoole
Lewddite at large...

Oddometer: 3,977
Looking forward to "THE REPORT"
Old 05-10-2011, 08:14 PM   #4
SimpleSimon
Aspiring advrider

Oddometer: 3,387
Have Fun! I'll toast you during coffee. Take plenty of pictures for us sorry sad sacks.

"Assembled Spectator Scoring With Incriminating Photographic Evidence" or A.S.S.W.I.P.E. - Granparacer
SimpleSimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:15 PM   #5
markwoodlief
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,613
Sounds like a great time.. always wanted to travel over there.. assuming a Ural will be involved in your antics?,
Old 05-10-2011, 08:16 PM   #6
Mr. Cob OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Jam View Post
Don't drown in all that "sunshine" there, Cobby.

The "Dog" will be waiting for you.
We need you for a prerider: you can make nice dual tracks through the snow for the rest of us !
Howdy Apple Jam,

The only reason I am cutting the UK trip short is so that I can get back in time to pre-run the "Dog", see ya there.

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Help a CHEAP bastard keep his Smugmug, use this coupon ( geyYbNZwLLrl6 ) thank you.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:18 PM   #7
Mr. Cob OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFoole View Post
Looking forward to "THE REPORT"
Howdy DaFoole,

I plan to take a LOT of photos and will be doing a "passenger report" as I won't be doing any of the driving-riding, no way I can afford insurance to do that.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:19 PM   #8
Mr. Cob OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleSimon View Post
Have Fun! I'll toast you during coffee. Take plenty of pictures for us sorry sad sacks.
Howdy Sean,

Photos, I can do, stay tuned...............

Old 05-10-2011, 08:25 PM   #9
Mr. Cob OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwoodlief View Post
Sounds like a great time.. always wanted to travel over there.. assuming a Ural will be involved in your antics?,
Howdy markwoodlief,

Yes, "Ural's" will be involved. Three years ago a fellow Uralista from Belgium invited me to visit, a year later a couple more of the Ural faithful from the UK asked me to cross the pond. So for the last couple of years I have been making and selling Ural skid plates and such to finance this trip. I will be hosted by different Ural riders who will transport and drop me off at the next victims home. It should be a lot of fun I have been looking forward to this for a long time. Now my biggest problem will be getting past the phuckin crotch grabbers at the Seattle airport, America sure ain't what it used to be.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:29 PM   #10
markwoodlief
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cob View Post
Howdy markwoodlief,

Yes, "Ural's" will be involved. Three years ago a fellow Uralista from Belgium invited me to visit, a year later a couple more of the Ural faithful from the UK asked me to cross the pond. So for the last couple of years I have been making and selling Ural skid plates and such to finance this trip. I will be hosted by different Ural riders who will transport and drop me off at the next victims home. It should be a lot of fun I have been looking forward to this for a long time. Now my biggest problem will be getting past the phuckin crotch grabbers at the Seattle airport, America sure ain't what it used to be.
sounds like a ton a fun.. well except for the crotch grabbers.. hopefully shes hot.. .
Old 05-10-2011, 08:29 PM   #11
kwisn
One Happy Dog

Oddometer: 8,427
I hear their bacon over there is rash.

I think you'd look like less of an ass if you'd shut the fuck up more often. Boondoggle
kwisn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:38 PM   #12
Mr. Cob OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwisn View Post
I hear their bacon over there is rash.
Howdy Keith,

I am a bit concerned about food in that part of the world, I hope I won't embarrass myself or one of my hosts if I am presented with something that's still moving or cooked in a way I am not familiar with. I am a very basic meat and taters kinda guy so being exposed to continental cuisine might not be such a good thing.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:53 PM   #13
K7MDL
TE450, TE610

Oddometer: 1,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cob View Post
Howdy Keith,

I am a bit concerned about food in that part of the world, I hope I won't embarrass myself or one of my hosts if I am presented with something that's still moving or cooked in a way I am not familiar with. I am a very basic meat and taters kinda guy so being exposed to continental cuisine might not be such a good thing.
I found the run of the mill hotel and no-name restuarants overcook the meats, so I doubt you will have a problem with your dinner still squirming. However, watch out for the whole fish, cooked and served head still on, quite common over in those parts. Freaks me out. I am a long time fisherman, but I have certain standards. :-)
K7MDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:54 PM   #14
guns_equal_freedom
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,439
Mr Cob, a little spotted dick, some bangers and mash and you'll be right as rain, easy-peasy lemon squeezy.
guns_equal_freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:03 PM   #15
Hammer
Hawlin' aZZ

Oddometer: 2,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by guns_equal_freedom View Post
a little spotted dick, some bangers and , easy-peasy lemon squeezy.
When I ported in Subic, they'd give ya a shot for that. And often a couple weeks restriction.....
Cob went to 'nam. He knows what I'm talkin' about
Travel safe, Cob!

'06 525 XC "Sledge"
'04 KTM 950 Adventure Thunder
Enough yappin'! Let's ride!
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote