Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2011, 05:17 PM   #31
Sly-one
Deskbound Adventurer

Oddometer: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaviator View Post
Gas mileage dropped to 72 MPG on this ride but I suspect that was due to all the hills.
Ah shucks, only 72 mpg, not yet broken in, 2-up and in the mountains! You'd better take it back and demand a refund! Better yet, just bring down here and kick it to the curb in front of my house.
Sly-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:48 AM   #32
johnyrrr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 194
Thats damn good mpg, I get about 50 by myself on a zuma 155. Im going to look into this scooter, I love my Zuma but want to be able to go a little faster than the 155 will take me but I also dont want much bigger because I like the smallness of the Zuma. Thanks for posting Im going to look into the CitySport now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klaviator View Post
Went for a 2-up shake down ride yesterday. We did 115 miles up into the North Georgia mountains. It's still not broken in so I took it easy on the throttle and kept it under 100. Here's my initial impressions. It's reasonable comfortable 2 up but it's not a Gold Wing. Since we didn't buy it to ride cross country, it should be fine. I prefer to ride in the mountains, where there are lots of curves and scenery. I don't plan on riding more than an hour without stopping for a break.

Power seems more than adequate although I did let it slow down on the hills rather than use a lot of throttle. It handles really well, even two up and is a blast to ride on the tight twisty roads that I prefer. I did pass a Harley on a twisty road. Once I get more used to it I'm sure I'll be passing some sport bikes too.

Gas mileage dropped to 72 MPG on this ride but I suspect that was due to all the hills.
johnyrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:59 AM   #33
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnyrrr View Post
Thats damn good mpg, I get about 50 by myself on a zuma 155. Im going to look into this scooter, I love my Zuma but want to be able to go a little faster than the 155 will take me but I also dont want much bigger because I like the smallness of the Zuma. Thanks for posting Im going to look into the CitySport now.
Wheelbase on the CS250 is under 54", about the same as my Super 8 150. It's definitely one of the smallest, and lightest 250s out there.

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote