Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2011, 04:32 PM   #16
quint7
I don't need a title

Oddometer: 430
I have a 94 that is being bought by my best friend. Best friend has a 94 also.
Forget going to pods. Frame won't allow it.
A swap to 17"s is bolt on. Rear CBR1000 from 94-95 is lighter and bolt on including discs and sprocket. The front from the first 2 years of the Blackbird CBR1100XX (97-98 I think) will bolt on. The discs swap over and there ya go. AMAZING change in the bike.
The front fender from a RC30 bolts on and is smaller and made for a 17" tire.
There isn't much slack in the cables so don't expect to do much with the bars other than a 1" riser (or a lower bar of course).
Corbin is 100% better than stock. I'm 6'3" and my friend is 5'8" and both prefer the Corbin.

Great road bike. Great range. Great milage (40mpg) no matter how hard I rode. Congrats!
Old 05-18-2011, 04:34 PM   #17
quint7
I don't need a title

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT RDHS View Post

Oh, and this bike was in my garage for two weeks. Insane. Gorgeous bike.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:28 PM   #18
justrider OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 157
Thanks

Thanks I picked up a 93 1000 hurricane rear for 30.00 so I grabbed it. Still looking for the front wheel. Found a corbin from fellow inmate

Quote:
Originally Posted by quint7 View Post
I have a 94 that is being bought by my best friend. Best friend has a 94 also.
Forget going to pods. Frame won't allow it.
A swap to 17"s is bolt on. Rear CBR1000 from 94-95 is lighter and bolt on including discs and sprocket. The front from the first 2 years of the Blackbird CBR1100XX (97-98 I think) will bolt on. The discs swap over and there ya go. AMAZING change in the bike.
The front fender from a RC30 bolts on and is smaller and made for a 17" tire.
There isn't much slack in the cables so don't expect to do much with the bars other than a 1" riser (or a lower bar of course).
Corbin is 100% better than stock. I'm 6'3" and my friend is 5'8" and both prefer the Corbin.

Great road bike. Great range. Great milage (40mpg) no matter how hard I rode. Congrats!
justrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 05:38 PM   #19
justrider OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks everyone !

I cant say thanks enough for the tips. I have been on this site for years best forum and site on the entire Internet ! I had to do some work to get it going. This has to be one of the smoothest bikes I have ever ridden.

I remember the Big One when it came in early 94. Went to the Honda dealer to window shop. It was big and stunning in black. It was a distant memory after seeing a 1994 RC 45 on a platform in the dealer. The big one still has the same attraction it did in 94. Should be a great riding season

Quote:
Originally Posted by justrider View Post
Hey fellow road warriors. I bought a 1994 CB 1000. I dont know much about this bike. If anyone can pass on some tips or concerns on this bike thanks.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:50 PM   #20
justrider OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Pantara , Lost email with your BIL`s Number for the Corbin seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera1 View Post
If you get one, my BIL has a Corbin in excellent condition that could be had very reasonable.

It was a great bike until the end. (Deer hit).

Good luck!
Old 05-23-2011, 03:59 AM   #21
pantera1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by justrider View Post
Pantara , Lost email with your BIL`s Number for the Corbin seat
Sorry!

It sold to the first person that contacted him.
1991 Yamaha TW200
2008 WR250R
pantera1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:31 AM   #22
Urban_Traveler
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
I'm pretty sure I noticed a front wheel on ebay over the weekend...give that a shot.

1995 CB1000
Urban_Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:08 PM   #23
quint7
I don't need a title

I forgot that the front wheel from those first 2 years of the Blackhawk were used on all 3 or 4 years of the Superhawk. VTR1000 I think? Honda's Vtwin sportbike.... anyway, the way to be sure is the correct wheels have a much larger disc mounting area than the incorrect ones. I spotted a front for the VTR (or whatever the hell it is) with a brand new Michelin for about $100 shipped. Swapped the discs, popped it on and off I went.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:35 AM   #24
Urban_Traveler
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigphish View Post
pm sent
You thinking about switching from the Kerker?

1995 CB1000
Old 05-27-2011, 11:45 AM   #25
bigphish
Curiously Satisfying

Oddometer: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Traveler View Post
You thinking about switching from the Kerker?
Not sure. Just thought I would take advantage of getting a stock exhaust and trying it. The Kerker is a nice system.
bigphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:31 PM   #26
Urban_Traveler
Adventurer

TT RDHS, Where did you get the frame sliders? Thanks.

1995 CB1000
Old 06-10-2011, 04:14 PM   #27
Urban_Traveler
Adventurer

In case any of you guys need parts I have a few things I am willing to sell from my CB 1000, sorry can't afford to do freebies right now . Stock seat $50 plus shipping (excellent condition, no tears or marks). Stock mirrors $25 (excellent condition). Stock signals $15 for 4 (usable condition). Stock muffler w/ heal protector - $35 plus shipping (very good condition, small dent on bottom that cannot be seen when on bike). PM me for pics and/or info.

1995 CB1000
Old 09-19-2011, 07:16 AM   #28
kingrukus
Noobish

Oddometer: 5
Question Oil leakage??

Hello all,

I am new to the forum here....I love all the pictures!! Great Stuff!!

I have a 95' CB1000 with about 10k miles on it, I have owned it for about 3 months. Yesterday after a short 15 mile ride I noticed a small amount of oil on the plastic sproket cover right underneath the alternator/generator. It looked to be kinda sprinkled there rather than a drip. I felt the bottom of the alternator and there is also a small amount of oil there. Has anyone else had this issue? Would simply replacing the o-ring seal take care of this slight leak?

Another point I might add here is on my ride I did strecth the bike out a bit....I ran it up to 8k on the tach 1st thru 3rd gear so I was pushing it a little....could that have caused the oil to spray out?

Other than this small issue, the bike is fantastic....super comfy, super smooth and runs like a Swiss Watch! I will NEVER sell this bike!
kingrukus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:49 AM   #29
DELTATANGO
Motorcyclist and Dog Walk

Oddometer: 13,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrukus View Post
Hello all,

I am new to the forum here....I love all the pictures!! Great Stuff!!

I have a 95' CB1000 with about 10k miles on it, I have owned it for about 3 months. Yesterday after a short 15 mile ride I noticed a small amount of oil on the plastic sproket cover right underneath the alternator/generator. It looked to be kinda sprinkled there rather than a drip. I felt the bottom of the alternator and there is also a small amount of oil there. Has anyone else had this issue? Would simply replacing the o-ring seal take care of this slight leak?

Another point I might add here is on my ride I did strecth the bike out a bit....I ran it up to 8k on the tach 1st thru 3rd gear so I was pushing it a little....could that have caused the oil to spray out?

Other than this small issue, the bike is fantastic....super comfy, super smooth and runs like a Swiss Watch! I will NEVER sell this bike!
Did you oil the chain before you rode?
DELTATANGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:00 AM   #30
DELTATANGO
Motorcyclist and Dog Walk

Oddometer: 13,410
I have one. It is my basic ride. It's big, I'm kind of big. It has a 5 gallon tank. It's nice in the Summer when it's hot and you want a lot of air. It is not as fast as the newer insanacycles, but has 100 horsepower. How fast do you want to go?

I'm looking at putting on a bat wing fairing for the Winter. And i would like to get a header to replace the resonator exhaust system.

It has 18" wheels which limits your tire selection. I got a Battlax which is excellent. Some people put on 17" wheels. From what I understand they are an easy swap from some bike. I don't recall which one.

It is a UJM, bulletproof, Honda.
DELTATANGO is offline   Reply With Quote