Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-07-2015, 06:09 AM   #1
WellInsured OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Navigator V Training

Where can i access comprehensive training for my Nav V. Im told it is an amazing unit but struggle to figure it out.
WellInsured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 06:13 AM   #2
Byrdguy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 371
Here
http://globeriders.com/article_pages...e07_nav5.shtml
Byrdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 06:32 AM   #3
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 52,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdguy View Post
Good info. Then Google specific issues or questions, or go to the MegaThread here in G-spot and ask.
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 07:18 AM   #4
IB1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,024
It's not so good. Not bad, but certainly not worth the price.

Mine is broken after less than one year. USB port doesn't function anymore and garmin will probably refuse to fix it according to bmw.

Yes, still a rookie
IB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 07:24 AM   #5
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 52,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by IB1 View Post
It's not so good. Not bad, but certainly not worth the price.

Mine is broken after less than one year. USB port doesn't function anymore and garmin will probably refuse to fix it according to bmw.
I don't know about longevity, but Garmins are usually very good. In the US, if you buy it with the bike, the warranty is 3 years, so not an issue.

As for being useful for the price, it depends on what you want out of it. I find it very good. It is fast, clean mounted, locked in place but removable. It does so much more than the standard moto GPS at not much more money. I love the integration with my bike, and though I am missing a few functions due to the way I ordered my bike, I think it is still well worth the price, especially with a discount.

My only complaint is that it did not come with a car mount, and that a car mount is $150 more!
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 10:28 AM   #6
Taunt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimvonbaden View Post
my only complaint is that it did not come with a car mount, and that a car mount is $150 more!

+1

"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way."
Taunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 10:21 PM   #7
VK4DU
Somewhat bemused observer

Oddometer: 744
It is much more than a GPS.

You can set it to display all kind of bike parameters, from tyre pressure, to batt voltage, to actual speed, to air temp, to engine temp, etc.

Brilliant.

Dave Jefferies.
VK4DU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 11:57 PM   #8
Grimreaper7
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 232
I managed to get them to include the car kit in the deal, it was like 1% of the bill
Grimreaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 07:50 AM   #9
IB1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
I don't know about longevity, but Garmins are usually very good. In the US, if you buy it with the bike, the warranty is 3 years, so not an issue.

As for being useful for the price, it depends on what you want out of it. I find it very good. It is fast, clean mounted, locked in place but removable. It does so much more than the standard moto GPS at not much more money. I love the integration with my bike, and though I am missing a few functions due to the way I ordered my bike, I think it is still well worth the price, especially with a discount.

My only complaint is that it did not come with a car mount, and that a car mount is $150 more!
We do have 2 years of warranty. But if both companies claim it is the other one that has to fix it you're screwed.

Main complaint for the system is the Bluetooth is still to low a quality and often disconnects. Or just freezes. It only works a little better in that respect than my old 660.
If I get a speedwarning from the GPS my music cuts out completely and won't restart till either my helmet BT or the GPS is restarted... Bloody awefull in that respect.

Don't care about the carholder. My car has a system that is many times more expensive, but works way better...

Yes, still a rookie
IB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 08:47 AM   #10
pistole
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,126
love my Nav5.

the latest software , v. 3 fixed the dropped music
pistole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 08:55 AM   #11
JetSpeed
Naviator

Oddometer: 3,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by IB1 View Post
We do have 2 years of warranty. But if both companies claim it is the other one that has to fix it you're screwed.

Main complaint for the system is the Bluetooth is still to low a quality and often disconnects. Or just freezes. It only works a little better in that respect than my old 660.
If I get a speedwarning from the GPS my music cuts out completely and won't restart till either my helmet BT or the GPS is restarted... Bloody awefull in that respect.

Don't care about the carholder. My car has a system that is many times more expensive, but works way better...
Have you actually communicated with either company regarding having the GPS repaired under warranty?
Garmin is very good about warranty repairs in the U.S and reasonably priced for repairs after the warranty has expired, I would deal directly with them if possible.

I have zero issues with the BT after the version 3 update, your Nav-V may have more problems than just the USB socket.

My wife's can and my new truck both have built in GPS navigation and I can honestly say that a $100 Nuvi does a better job.