ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 66 votes, 4.59 average. Display Modes
Old 09-10-2012, 12:38 PM   #4966
Rocky TFS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas cached View Post
Montana Firmware 4.50 is available today.

Firmware 4.50:
Fixed intermittent shutdown when pressing the menu button on the map.
Fixed vertical spacing and font of the location data field.

Use WebUpdater or get the GCD file directly.

And here we go, round and round again, and where we'll stop nobody knows......

Gees, is that ALL they fixed!?!?!?!

Me no Beta Tester no more.....I'll stick with 4.20.
Rocky TFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:45 PM   #4967
DRTBYK
Long Haul Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,552
v4.50 seems to have fixed not only the Data Field Dashboard crash and the Location Font spacing but it also fixed some Routing anomalies that popped up in v4.40.

Thanks Montana Team.

Cheers,

Dan
All Things GPS
Reviews at www.GlobeRiders.com
DRTBYK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:47 PM   #4968
Offcamber
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,472
So now the turn by turn Nav works but everytime I start to Navigate it goes back to recreational mode and I can't even call up automotive mode....

Just for to see I loaded 4.5 and it made no difference. Looks like I'm going to have to try a master reset.

Will I loose my downloaded map data??
Old 09-10-2012, 12:51 PM   #4969
DRTBYK
Long Haul Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offcamber View Post
So now the turn by turn Nav works but everytime I start to Navigate it goes back to recreational mode and I can't even call up automotive mode....

Just for to see I loaded 4.5 and it made no difference. Looks like I'm going to have to try a master reset.

Will I loose my downloaded map data??
You will not lose any or your personal data (map included). BUT, before you do a Master Reset change your profile to Recreation. Then do the Master Reset. When the unit boots back up, change to your usual profile (Automotive?).

Cheers,

Dan
All Things GPS
Old 09-10-2012, 12:57 PM   #4970
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 8,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTBYK View Post
You will not lose any or your personal data (map included). BUT, before you do a Master Reset change your profile to Recreation. Then do the Master Reset. When the unit boots back up, change to your usual profile (Automotive?).

Cheers,
Thanks for the notation. Is it wise or necessary to remove the uSD card when updating? Any risk to the data on the card?

I assume that the Master Reset does not delete any new user-created profiles.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:06 PM   #4971
DRTBYK
Long Haul Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™ View Post
Thanks for the notation. Is it wise or necessary to remove the uSD card when updating? Any risk to the data on the card?

I assume that the Master Reset does not delete any new user-created profiles.
I have never had an issue of the µSD Card or it's data causing a problem during an update. If you are not sure that the data is OK then remove the card - no harm.

A Master Reset returns all of the user settings to the factory defaults but it writes over the first Profile in the list (usually Recreation) with the Profile that was in memory last. This is why I recommend selecting the Recreation Profile before doing a Master Reset. It will not remove any of your personal data from internal storage or the µSD Card.

Cheers,

Dan
All Things GPS
Old 09-10-2012, 04:53 PM   #4972
81husky
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
I have updated to 4.50, and have a Tempe sensor that is showing "connected". I am unable to find a way to see the temperature. I thought I would find something when I went to setup or change dashboard, but I'm not having any success. Can anyone enlighten me on how to see a temperature reading on my 650? I didn't do a reset after the update to 4.50.
81husky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:21 PM   #4973
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 8,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81husky View Post
I have updated to 4.50, and have a Tempe sensor that is showing "connected". I am unable to find a way to see the temperature. I thought I would find something when I went to setup or change dashboard, but I'm not having any success. Can anyone enlighten me on how to see a temperature reading on my 650? I didn't do a reset after the update to 4.50.
I would hazard a guess that it is in the Trip Computer application. Select "Change Dashboard" to see if you can put the Temperature indicator in one of the data fields.

That is, unless it disappeared in 4.40 / 4.50
Old 09-10-2012, 05:36 PM   #4974
atlas cached
OX Ambassador

Oddometer: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81husky View Post
You will find three new data fields:
  1. Temperature
  2. 24Hr Min Temperature
  3. 24Hr Max Temperature
atlas cached is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:12 PM   #4975
81husky
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
Quote:
You will find three new data fields:
  1. Temperature
  2. 24Hr Min Temperature
  3. 24Hr Max Temperature
Awesome. Thank you, I would never have gotten there by myself.
81husky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:40 PM   #4976
DRTBYK
Long Haul Adventurer

81husky, got my tempé today as well. . .

Cheers,

Dan
All Things GPS
Old 09-10-2012, 07:48 PM   #4977
DRTBYK
Long Haul Adventurer

For those of you playing with Adventures, I'm seeing issues with loading more than one Adventure to the Montana at a time. Anyone else seeing problems?

Cheers,

Dan
All Things GPS
Old 09-10-2012, 08:03 PM   #4978
atlas cached
OX Ambassador

Oddometer: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTBYK View Post
For those of you playing with Adventures, I'm seeing issues with loading more than one Adventure to the Montana at a time. Anyone else seeing problems?

Cheers,
Oh yes.

I have sent more than a dozen bug reports to both the Montana.Beta and BaseCamp software teams.

As it is currently, Adventures is almost unusable. Perhaps, with only one loaded at a time... but I am having so many issues with data getting mixed up between Adventures, some Adventures not showing in the Montana menu after BaseCamp shows the transfer complete, photos missing, GPX files missing, some Adventures will index improperly and show up two or three times in the list on the Montana, but only once in BaseCamp, etc....

I know this is brand new functionality, but I think they really dropped the ball on this one. They released a new feature that is not even close to functional. I wouldn't even call it a beta with all these issues. More like an Alpha.

What are you seeing, DRTBYK?
atlas cached is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:13 PM   #4979
DRTBYK
Long Haul Adventurer

Quote:
Oh yes.

I have sent more than a dozen bug reports to both the Montana.Beta and BaseCamp software teams.

As it is currently, Adventures is almost unusable. Perhaps, with only one loaded at a time... but I am having so many issues with data getting mixed up between Adventures, some Adventures not showing in the Montana menu after BaseCamp shows the transfer complete, photos missing, GPX files missing, some Adventures will index improperly and show up two or three times in the list on the Montana, but only once in BaseCamp, etc....

I know this is brand new functionality, but I think they really dropped the ball on this one. They released a new feature that is not even close to functional. I wouldn't even call it a beta with all these issues. More like an Alpha.

What are you seeing, DRTBYK?
The same. . .

I had thought for a few minutes that v4.50 had fixed a number of issues but it was just a lucky fluke that I got my test Adventure to behave - briefly.

I had high hopes for this simultaneous code release between the BaseCamp and the Montana teams but as you said there are just too many issues to even start trying to figure out the primary issues (Indexing maybe?).

This is such a great feature, I hope they get the resources to have it working soon.

Cheers,

Dan
All Things GPS
Old 09-11-2012, 01:56 PM   #4980
Offcamber
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,472
Well I'm about done with this POS....

Now I can't run on the interstate because anytime the bike runs over 6K RPMs the unit crashes, it either shuts down or I get a white screen. In either case I have to pull the battery to get it to restart. I held the power button for a minute with no effect. I have vibration dampening handlebar mount, and a vibration dampened GPS mount for the AMPS. I even tried pulling the mount to see if it was power related. Unit is fine connected to the bikes power at all RPM ranges as long as its not hard mounted to the bike. Its obviously a frequency thing that causes it to shut down. I don't see how this could be fixed.

My old NUVi 660 was stable on that bike for months with never one lock up....

Guess I'll be calling Garmin.....