ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 193 votes, 4.86 average. Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 09:00 AM   #5536
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators

Oddometer: 8,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTBYK View Post
The Automobile Mount that Emmbeedee shows above has an inductive voltage divider in the power plug adapter. It is only capable of passing a small amount of current: I don't have one but it is usually around 400ma - it should say on the plug.
I see nothing on the plug, and a label on the cable which only specifies the fuse rating.
Emmbeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:13 AM   #5537
FatChance
Road Captain

Oddometer: 10,104
FWIW, I last rode my 1150GS on September 30 after a 2 day ride up in the San Juan Mountains (I've been riding the DR650 instead since then). I left the Montana in the Rugged Mount when I parked it in my shop at that time because I didn't need it for local rides. I have switched 12v power to the Montana and told it to shut down when prompted when I turned off the bike. It has been getting down into the upper 20s to low 30s at night and the shop is not heated. I just went out and got the Montana off the bike and the internal battery is still at 98%. There is NO way the Rugged Mount drains the internal battery when the Rugged Mount power is off based on this 10 day test.

- Calculated risk or forbidden fruit?
FatChance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:46 AM   #5538
Timpo
NORTH WALES TRF.

Oddometer: 2,105
OK, I have now v4.60 installed.
I also now have a number of old tracks in my 'Track Manager' that i can not 'delete' nor 'show on map' nor work with in any of the other 'Track Manager' functions.
Am I able to delete these tracks by using my laptop with the Montana connected?

T.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:02 AM   #5539
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
I also now have a number of old tracks in my 'Track Manager' that i can not 'delete' nor 'show on map' nor work with in any of the other 'Track Manager' functions.

T.
That method has worked well for me.

Are you seeing the old tracks in your Archived Tracks? That might explain why they won't show on map.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:03 AM   #5540
atlas cached
OX Ambassador

Oddometer: 687
Quote:

T.
Others had reported Bug 32 was resolved with firmware 4.60.

Are you certain you are running 4.60?

Can you try another profile? Do other tracks still hide/show/etc correctly in Track manager?

EDIT: Firmware 4.60 still exhibiting Track issues (Bug 36) - Will have to wait for 4.70 for new fixes and new bugs :)

atlas cached screwed with this post 10-10-2012 at 12:40 PM
atlas cached is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:25 AM   #5541
cablebandit
Web Adventurer

Oddometer: 669
I have the same issue. I had two tracks showing even after I hide them. I deleted those two, but I can't delete the remaining three tracks from that same trip. These are from the track manager. Not archived.
IBA #33260
cablebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:33 AM   #5542
Timpo
NORTH WALES TRF.

Yes, Software Version 4.60 installed.
There are no tracks in the 'Archive' or 'Current' files.
I have also just deleted all 'Waypoints' from the unit just in case they were keeping the Tracks from not being deleted.
What else will stop Tracks being deleted?
And, having the deleting process available that is in the 'Waypoint Manager' for us in the 'Track Manager' would be very usefull......

T.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:34 AM   #5543
Timpo
NORTH WALES TRF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cablebandit View Post
I have the same issue. I had two tracks showing even after I hide them. I deleted those two, but I can't delete the remaining three tracks from that same trip. These are from the track manager. Not archived.
Yes, this sounds familiar dude.

In the 'Track Manager' when trying to delete a track, the word 'Delete' is highlighted when touched, the 'Delete' bar is highlited in orange but goes no further into the deleting process. The bar has stayed orange in colour.
Also, no other function works in the 'Track Manager' on these remaining tracks.

T.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:25 PM   #5544
atlas cached
OX Ambassador

Quote:

In the 'Track Manager' when trying to delete a track, the word 'Delete' is highlighted when touched, the 'Delete' bar is highlited in orange but goes no further into the deleting process. The bar has stayed orange in colour.

T.
If you manually remove them from the Montana, reboot, and copy them back, does Track manager continue to exhibit the same unfavorable behavior?

Can you share one or two of the offending tracks?
Old 10-10-2012, 12:33 PM   #5545
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators

Oddometer: 8,968
Quote:

T.
These tracks which you can't delete aren't part of an "Adventure" are they? I wasn't able to delete some tracks for this reason. Once I got rid of the "Adventure" I was able to delete the tracks.

You might also want to do a "Reset" to see if it frees those tracks for deletion.
Emmbeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:40 PM   #5546
Timpo
NORTH WALES TRF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas cached View Post
If you manually remove them from the Montana, reboot, and copy them back, does Track manager continue to exhibit the same unfavorable behavior?

Can you share one or two of the offending tracks?

I have just reloaded the tracks and waypoints, and the reloaded tracks can be deleted again.
The older tracks, which are no longer required can not be worked with using any function of 'Track Manager'....?
Old 10-10-2012, 12:55 PM   #5547
Timpo
NORTH WALES TRF.

Quote:
I have just reloaded the tracks and waypoints, and the reloaded tracks can be deleted again.
The older tracks, which are no longer required can not be worked with using any function of 'Track Manager'....?
OK, I have just tried to send the tracks from device into my mapsource/laptop, and it says the device has no waypoint, routes or tracks in it. Yet, the Track Manager displays a list of old tracks, that I do not need anymore. Can I do something to clear this list? This is like the track manager is scarred by the old tracks, but they no longer exist, hence not being able to use track manager functions on then..... iykwim.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:05 PM   #5548
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,492
Well, if you can create new "dummy" tracks in basecamp that have the same names as the "bad" tracks on the Montana, maybe copying the dummy tracks to the Montana location will overwrite the bad tracks and then allow you to delete them.

Or, if you prefer not to use basecamp, just connect your Montana to a computer and open it up with file manager; locate the track files and give them a good wipe!
Old 10-10-2012, 01:18 PM   #5549
atlas cached
OX Ambassador

Quote:
OK, I have just tried to send the tracks from device into my mapsource/laptop, and it says the device has no waypoint, routes or tracks in it. Yet, the Track Manager displays a list of old tracks, that I do not need anymore. Can I do something to clear this list? This is like the track manager is scarred by the old tracks, but they no longer exist, hence not being able to use track manager functions on then..... iykwim.
You can NOT use MapSource with the Montana. It will not see your waypoints and tracks. You MUST use BaseCramp with the Montana :)
Old 10-10-2012, 01:47 PM   #5550
Timpo
NORTH WALES TRF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas cached View Post
You can NOT use MapSource with the Montana. It will not see your waypoints and tracks. You MUST use BaseCramp with the Montana :)
OK....
But I had loaded into Montana using Mapsource, but them was unable to work with the tracks and waypoints loaded.
Now, I have opened basecamp and deleted the tracks (scarrs) and waypoints, so far so good.
And now, I have used Mapsource to load my tracks to Montana, hey-presto, it's all good now.
A mystery to me though why earlier, pre-v4.60 tracks had left the scarring?

Thanks all.

T.