ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 184 votes, 4.85 average. Display Modes
Old 10-18-2012, 07:42 PM   #5626
_cy_
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmbeedee View Post
Mark Waypoint/Edit and put in the coordinates you want.

already tried that... marked waypoint, then waypoint manager... will not allow editing of coordinates.

is there a separate edit button? where?
_cy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:54 PM   #5627
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators

Oddometer: 8,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by _cy_ View Post
already tried that... marked waypoint, then waypoint manager... will not allow editing of coordinates.

is there a separate edit button? where?
When you select Mark Waypoint, the next screen is Save or Edit. Going from memory here, so check it on yours. My Montana is sleeping.
Emmbeedee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:00 PM   #5628
_cy_
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmbeedee View Post
When you select Mark Waypoint, the next screen is Save or Edit. Going from memory here, so check it on yours. My Montana is sleeping.
thanks already tried that... will not let me change coordinates.

example ... need 35 79... allows edit for first two digits, then will not allow edit for third digit or forth
Old 10-18-2012, 08:07 PM   #5629
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators

Oddometer: 8,889
Quote:

example ... need 35 79... allows edit for first two digits, then will not allow edit for third digit or forth
When you select Edit Waypoint, if you click anywhere in the address it brings up a menu at the top which allows you to go to any part of the address and change that.
Emmbeedee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:18 PM   #5630
DRTBYK
Long Haul Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,043
Quote:

By the way, what version of software do you have loaded?

Couple more questions...

1. You went to Where To?->Coordinates, and you cannot edit the coordinates shown in the window? If the answer to that question is "Yes" you should call Garmin Product Support.

2. Waypoint Manager: you saved a Waypoint then opened Waypoint Manager, selected a waypoint, pressed the Coordinate field and were unable to edit the coordinates? If the answer to that question is also "Yes", call Garmin Product Support.

3. Waypoint Manager: Select a waypoint. Press the Options button, select Move Waypoint. Are you able to move the waypoint by selecting a new position on the map? If the answer to that question is "No", call Garmin Product Support.

Cheers,

Dan
All Things GPS
Reviews at www.GlobeRiders.com

DRTBYK screwed with this post 10-18-2012 at 08:24 PM
DRTBYK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:23 PM   #5631
DRTBYK
Long Haul Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrtSqtr View Post
Thank you.... I checked and all profile mount were set to No Change...
Sorry, I wasn't explicit. I was suggesting that you change the "Not Mounted" to the Profile you use. Then leave the rest as "No Change".

Cheers,

Dan
All Things GPS
Old 10-18-2012, 08:34 PM   #5632
_cy_
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTBYK View Post
By the way, what version of software do you have loaded?

Couple more questions...

1. You went to Where To?->Coordinates, and you cannot edit the coordinates shown in the window? If the answer to that question is "Yes" you should call Garmin Product Support.

2. Waypoint Manager: you saved a Waypoint then opened Waypoint Manager, selected a waypoint, pressed the Coordinate field and were unable to edit the coordinates? If the answer to that question is also "Yes", call Garmin Product Support.

3. Waypoint Manager: Select a waypoint. Press the Options button, select Move Waypoint. Are you able to move the waypoint by selecting a new position on the map? If the answer to that question is "No", call Garmin Product Support.

Cheers,
cannot edit coordinates in all three above scenarios.

just downloaded the latest version 4.60 and a master reset trying to resolve this issue. Looks like I'll be contacting Garmin tomorrow.

this Montana has been a major pain in the ass from day one.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:36 AM   #5633
atlas cached
OX Ambassador

Oddometer: 687
Quote:
Good day all,
So i have been having an issue with my Montana 600 not showing street, highway or interstate names or only showing a few at a time.... Ive went through all the settings, reset , changed detail, ect ect.... per all the suggestions of everyone here. I got off the phone with Garmin this morning and we did a master reset and i re installed CN2013 woohoo it worked... (for 15 feet). Ablout 45 min later i took my newly installed 600 and tried it out in the car on a trip into town... Crap back to no info.... so while i contemplated on selling this POS I stopped for a quick bite to eat and i thought lets try it not in the rugged mount. Took it out of car mount and turned it on....... perfect all the names appear as they should. I see street names highway names and interstate names, great at least now i know where i am.... I popped it into the rugged mount and BAM!!! names disappeared..... Came home did same experiment on my motorcycle rugged mount same thing.... works great in my hand, put it into the rugged mount and i loose all map info. I called back Garmin explained to them the issue and they said he'd research this issue and get back to me... SOOOO right when i was all fed up with this GSP i discovered its not that bad now to only figure out how to make it work in the mount. Just thought id share my woes.....
I just had this same realization myself today. I was doing some other non-related testing and noticed all the street names were visible again... Went out and snapped it into my Automotive Cradle, and they were all gone!

My first thought is Garmin software engineers wanted to simplify the map while navigating to prevent driver/rider distraction trying to read all map detail.

Will contact Garmin for more information.
atlas cached is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:31 AM   #5634
atreiou
XR 650R Rider

Oddometer: 59
sorry for the images dimensions
the GPS on that position have no protection, in desert riding I prefer to protect it against rocks or something else..

Quote:
Originally Posted by calltrex View Post
Purpose of that?

2012 KTM 350 EXC-F
atreiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:19 AM   #5635
DRTBYK
Long Haul Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas cached View Post
I just had this same realization myself today. I was doing some other non-related testing and noticed all the street names were visible again... Went out and snapped it into my Automotive Cradle, and they were all gone!

My first thought is Garmin software engineers wanted to simplify the map while navigating to prevent driver/rider distraction trying to read all map detail.

Could you be more specific as to when (what zoom level) you loose Street Names? Are you using CN 2013.20?

I'm not having this same condition. I even set my Mount Profiles to switch from mount to mount (although I don't have an Automotive Mount) and Powered to non-Powered. It all worked just fine with no map changes.

Well, I did a little more investigation and the culprit seems to be the Recreation Profile - at least I know that one causes the issue - and maybe it's by design. I haven't tried the other profiles but I have based my 'custom Profiles" off of the Automotive Profile and it does not exhibit this condition.

Cheers,

Dan
All Things GPS

DRTBYK screwed with this post 10-19-2012 at 05:27 PM
Old 10-19-2012, 10:55 PM   #5636
Timmer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,300
I used this technique while navigating a 1,000 mile ride yesterday within WA state. It worked like a charm. I colored the track WHITE and it overlayed the route, the White track seemed to be the dominate color compared to the purple route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™ View Post
I'll take a stab at this one.

Create a route in Basecamp, and convert it to a track.
Transfer both the route and the track to the Montana.
When using the Montana, select the track to "Show on Map" and select the track color of your choice.
Navigate using the route, with routing in a color different than that of the track.
The route should show on top of the track.
'03 Wing
'01 ST1100
Timmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:57 PM   #5637
DrtSqtr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 137
Another thing to look at is i noticed that when im moving the names disapear. i was thinking perhaps the gps can not update that fast.. I noticed that on the way to work tonight i took out the gps and sat it on the dash and while i was moving no names. I stopped for gas and as soon i got back in to go i noticed all my names were back untill i started moving then they went away again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas cached View Post

DrtSqtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:43 AM   #5638
DRTBYK
Long Haul Adventurer

Quote:
Another thing to look at is i noticed that when im moving the names disapear. i was thinking perhaps the gps can not update that fast.. I noticed that on the way to work tonight i took out the gps and sat it on the dash and while i was moving no names. I stopped for gas and as soon i got back in to go i noticed all my names were back untill i started moving then they went away again.
Is your Profile based on a profile other than the Automotive Profile?

Cheers,

Dan
All Things GPS
Old 10-20-2012, 04:12 PM   #5639
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,446
Crazy Montana.

All working great today, except a strange shutdown when attempting to zoom out in map view. Oh, it worked the other 50 or so times I zoomed out, and all of the times I zoomed in. But not all!
Old 10-21-2012, 07:02 PM   #5640
divotdm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 373
Refurbished 600

Hi,

I did a search and didnt find much. I see that the 600's are selling reburbed online for a decent price. Has anyone had any luck with these? Recommended seller? They are factory refurbs with 1 year warrenty

Heres an ebay link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Garmin-Monta...item5aeab02f7c

Thanks
Dave
06 WR250F
86 Nighthawk 700s (Red, White,Blue)
divotdm is offline   Reply With Quote