ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 228 votes, 4.88 average. Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 10:22 AM   #6466
atlas cached
OX Ambassador

Oddometer: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftystrat62 View Post
This kind of helped,but I'm still falling short of success. Here's what I have:

Now when I try to add those purple wp's into the box where you drop all the wp's to create the route I get this?? It ended up following the highway as well ass the off road. Remember what Docking Pilots track looked like-that's what I need.[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]

Lastly, I tried not adding the purple wp's in to the box, but added wp # 61(red rectangle) which is on a road. I'd hoped that would maybe join everything together like one big happy family-but no
I'm sure this is some simple stuff for many of you guys,but man this is really starting to bum me out
I can not see the entire map you are using, or all the details, but what I do see in the last image is the 'purple dot' waypoints you are adding to your route appear to be at the very end of the complete route.

Again, I am unsure of the order you wish to travel them, so I may be stating the obvious.

atlas cached screwed with this post 12-31-2012 at 12:42 PM
atlas cached is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:35 AM   #6467
leftystrat62
Adventurer

Oddometer: 999
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas cached View Post
I can not see the entire map you are using, or all the details, but what I do see in the last image is the 'purple dot' waypoints you are adding to your route appear to be at the very end of the complete route.

Again, I am unsure of the order you wish to travel them, so I may be stating the obvious.
The purple dots in that last image show where I'm trying to go off road. My route is coming from the right corner -the red rectangle #55 on that magenta road and should take a right and connect the purple dots #'s 56 thru60. The #60 finally connects to an established road where I hoped I could continue to add my wp's as I had been doing before I ran into this snag. The magenta line should NOT continue past the wp #55,but it is-that's where my problem lies.
leftystrat62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:43 AM   #6468
Ridin'nFishin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 445
I am thinking of getting a Montana 600.

I am coming from a Nuvi 500.

What I like about the Nuvi is the (speed limit indicator), the (where am I) and (points of interest). The point of interest is more inportant to me, havinging the ability to find fuel, hospitals, motels, food and etc.

I am not sure if it can be done with the Montana 600 after loading North America City Navigator NT, and which do you reccomend the CD or microSD data card?

Please advise on this.

Thanks
Old 12-31-2012, 11:02 AM   #6469
atlas cached
OX Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftystrat62 View Post
The purple dots in that last image show where I'm trying to go off road. My route is coming from the right corner -the red rectangle #55 on that magenta road and should take a right and connect the purple dots #'s 56 thru60. The #60 finally connects to an established road where I hoped I could continue to add my wp's as I had been doing before I ran into this snag. The magenta line should NOT continue past the wp #55,but it is-that's where my problem lies.
You need to insert WP #56-#60 to the correct position in the 'Drop Down Menu'. (Not at the end.)

As shown, they are at the END of the route, so BaseCamp is correctly routing you to the end of the original route, then back to WP#55, thus the little red arrows on the Magenta route are facing BOTH directions.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:04 AM   #6470
atlas cached
OX Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multisurface Rider View Post

What I like about the Nuvi is the (speed limit indicator), the (where am I) and (points of interest). The point of interest is more inportant to me, havinging the ability to find fuel, hospitals, motels, food and etc.

I am not sure if it can be done with the Montana 600 after loading North America City Navigator NT, and which do you reccomend the CD or microSD data card?

Please advise on this.

Thanks
All POI's with CNNA will be available on your Montana also, but you will have to Purchase CNNA for your Montana first, Then a LifeTime update can be purchased and applied (DVD Version Only), if desired.

I always get the DVD, never uSD or download.

Read about the differences here.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:07 AM   #6471
rickcj7
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 467
Quote:

Please advise on this.

Thanks
Montana does speed limit and points of interest, you can use the Nuvi dashboard and it looks just like a Nuvi screen.
Mine doesnt have where am I in any drawers but I'm sure you could add a shortcut.
The Montana does sooo much its hard to know it all.

WR250R sold
FE450E sold
XT, NX, KLX, KLR, DR all long gone.
rickcj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:15 AM   #6472
atlas cached
OX Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcj7 View Post
Mine doesnt have where am I in any drawers but I'm sure you could add a shortcut.
Use the already present [Satellites] application to see your current position, elevation, and satellite signal strength
Old 12-31-2012, 11:29 AM   #6473
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 9,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmbeedee View Post
You see them when you connect the device to a Windows computer.
Ahh OK, hardly ever use my Windoze LT anymore. have to look into that.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:51 PM   #6474
Ridin'nFishin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 445
Thanks for the replys, very helpful.

Which do you recomend the CD or microSD data card for North America City Navigator NT?
Old 12-31-2012, 12:57 PM   #6475
atlas cached
OX Ambassador

Quote:
Thanks for the replys, very helpful.

Which do you recomend the CD or microSD data card for North America City Navigator NT?

You missed it!
Old 12-31-2012, 02:00 PM   #6476
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators

Oddometer: 9,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas cached View Post
Having to go through multiple profiles and manually disabling more than a dozen maps in each profile EVERY TIME I update or add a new map is maddening.
Perhaps the reason we're not getting the same result is that we're not using the same process? I added MGV4 to my Montana by adding a file which contained nothing but MGV4 (MGV4.img) to my Montana through the Mac Finder, not MapInstall or the Windows Mapsource program.

And you don't need to believe me but the only change to ALL Profiles was that MGV4 was enabled in addition to what had already been enabled. I made very sure of that by checking before and after I added MGV4.
Emmbeedee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:11 PM   #6477
DockingPilot
Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer: 9,329
Quote:
Perhaps the reason we're not getting the same result is that we're not using the same process? I added MGV4 to my Montana by adding a file which contained nothing but MGV4 (MGV4.img) to my Montana through the Mac Finder, not MapInstall or the Windows Mapsource program.

And you don't need to believe me but the only change to ALL Profiles was that MGV4 was enabled in addition to what had already been enabled. I made very sure of that by checking before and after I added MGV4.
What he say?
Lol

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

"Every bike I ever had, was the best bike I ever had, when I had it"
DockingPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:36 PM   #6478
duc916pilot
kiwimike

Oddometer: 22
Wicked Finding campsites with Montana

Hope this is not a "stupid" question but while all Garmin GPS seem to list fuel, lodging etc., - the Montana does not list campsites which would be very convenient. Is this a hidden feature or something that would be useful for many of us?
duc916pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:44 PM   #6479
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators

Oddometer: 9,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by duc916pilot View Post
Hope this is not a "stupid" question but while all Garmin GPS seem to list fuel, lodging etc., - the Montana does not list campsites which would be very convenient. Is this a hidden feature or something that would be useful for many of us?
Garmin probably doesn't have an exhaustive database of campsites but you could go to POI-Factory.com and get one and load it as a POI category.

Here's their category page: http://www.poi-factory.com/poifiles

For instance, this "California Campgrounds" file has 1025 sites listed: http://www.poi-factory.com/node/33160
Emmbeedee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:05 PM   #6480
atlas cached
OX Ambassador

Quote:

I use all methods, and never have payed much attention to which method resulted in what, so you may be on to something.

I will pay more attention the next time I install maps and see if I can deduce exactly when this happens for me, and when it does not, to add more documentation to this phenomena.

Thank You MBD, and "Happy New Year to ALL!"