ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 207 votes, 4.87 average. Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 06:01 AM   #6616
Gerg
Cupcake
 
Gerg's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Location: Left Coast
Oddometer: 8,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadHahn View Post
One of the things I don't like about my Montana is the lack of Bluetooth. I have found a solution. It's called the GoGroove BlueSense TRM Bluetooth Transmitter. It plugs into the audio input jack on the Ram mount wiring and syncs up with no problem to my Bluetooth equipped helmet. Now I can hear the alerts from the GPS in my helmet.

The only problem is charging. Until I install a USB charging port on my bike, I have to remember to unplug the transmitter and bring it inside to charge.

It would have been better if the Montana came with Bluetooth but this is a good fairly cheap (less than $30) work around.

Chad

Pretty inexpensive @ Newegg
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16875983307

Not getting good reviews but if it pairs OK while using with the Montana I guess it's good to go.

Which headset are you pairing to?

Gerg
__________________
Greg
Certified Ole Fart

Gerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:53 AM   #6617
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner
 
Albie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: NWA
Oddometer: 8,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadHahn View Post
One of the things I don't like about my Montana is the lack of Bluetooth. I have found a solution. It's called the GoGroove BlueSense TRM Bluetooth Transmitter. It plugs into the audio input jack on the Ram mount wiring and syncs up with no problem to my Bluetooth equipped helmet. Now I can hear the alerts from the GPS in my helmet.

The only problem is charging. Until I install a USB charging port on my bike, I have to remember to unplug the transmitter and bring it inside to charge.

It would have been better if the Montana came with Bluetooth but this is a good fairly cheap (less than $30) work around.

Chad

Which BT head set do you have?
__________________
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:02 AM   #6618
Bli55
-
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Казань
Oddometer: 343
I have refrained from posting lots of questions when first getting to know my Montana 600, and many have resolved themselves with help of this thread, wiki and google.
Try it for a couple of months too...

Anyway, here are issues that are still troubling me:

I have 6 shortcuts:

- 2 that turn current track log visibility on/off.
- 2 that turn map view from top view to perspective (automotive) and back.
- 2 that turn routing method from direct to automotive and back.

All these are set to enable the appropriate setting and return to map.

Problem is that none of them work!!

Return to map is ok, but setting which was meant to change stays the same (checked this in the menu as well).
In contrast, manually going and changing settings in the menus gives the right outcome wrt view, routing or track visibility.

Any ideas?
Bli55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:19 AM   #6619
atlas cached
OX Ambassador
 
atlas cached's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Oddometer: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmbeedee View Post
Got my new Tempe in the mail yesterday - there's no way of telling the difference between new and old, as far as I can tell, except the new one should work properly.

I marked the flawed one with an X just so I know which is which.

The new unit appears to have a white indexing arrow (above DYNASTREAM) not seen on the older unit...
atlas cached is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:40 AM   #6620
ChadHahn
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Tucson, AZ
Oddometer: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerg View Post
Pretty inexpensive @ Newegg
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16875983307

Not getting good reviews but if it pairs OK while using with the Montana I guess it's good to go.

Which headset are you pairing to?

Gerg
That's about what I paid for it on Amazon. It gets better reviews over there.

I am using a Vega Summit 3.0 V-Com helmet.

Chad
ChadHahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:41 AM   #6621
Riteris
Dessert Runner
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: A place many ADV Riders fear: The Nation's Capital
Oddometer: 2,860
Several months ago, I was looking for a bluetooth device like the previously mentioned one for several different applications. It seems to me there was nothing out there that worked consistantly (if it worked at all... is pairing all that difficult?)


I gave up.

Has bluetooth technology and product range improved lately or do I just need to take a chance and hope for the best?
__________________
Chris

I am taking the advice of all those people that told me, "Hey kid, why don't you go play in traffic!"
Riteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:57 AM   #6622
swimmer
armchair asshole
 
swimmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: tucson
Oddometer: 4,269
My Montana often either fails to connect to my pc (pc has unrecognizable usb device or fails completely) or if it does connect sometimes the gps decides to turn on and then disconnects from my pc. I have re-installed drivers etc....Generally, after a few/many attempts I can get a connection to last long enough to transfer files etc.... but it's troublesome.
Anyone else have this issue?
swimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:33 PM   #6623
Beer'o'clock Baz
?
 
Beer'o'clock Baz's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Toowoomba
Oddometer: 1,713
hey fellas
Im having touch screen problems with my 650t can someone advise what is the fix- if there is one and what post number its on thanks - tried screen recalibration not sure if im doing it right it just goes on forever
p.s I will never buy a montana again nothing but trouble over and over i hate it - sorry rant over again
__________________
Beer'o'clock Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:43 PM   #6624
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators
 
Emmbeedee's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Near Ottawa, ON, Canada
Oddometer: 9,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by B2 View Post
hey fellas
Im having touch screen problems with my 650t can someone advise what is the fix- if there is one and what post number its on thanks - tried screen recalibration not sure if im doing it right it just goes on forever
p.s I will never buy a montana again nothing but trouble over and over i hate it - sorry rant over again
What kind of touch screen problems? Is it an early unit? Some of those were problematic but Garmin was replacing them quickly when requested. When was the unit purchased?

Another touch screen problem was caused by the screen protector. With the SP on, and in the hot sun, the unit would make its own selections. Is there a protector on yours? If so, take it off and see if that cures the problem.

Why don't you just get rid of it if it's bothering you that much? You won't find anything better right now, though.
__________________
Want to know more about the Garmin Montana? See the Wisdom and FAQ Thread.
Want to know more about the Garmin VIRB? See here.
"The motorcycle, being poorly designed for both flight and marine operation, sustained significant external and internal damage," police noted.
Emmbeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:44 PM   #6625
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators
 
Emmbeedee's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Near Ottawa, ON, Canada
Oddometer: 9,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas cached View Post
The new unit appears to have a white indexing arrow (above DYNASTREAM) not seen on the older unit...
You're right. Hadn't noticed that.
__________________
Want to know more about the Garmin Montana? See the Wisdom and FAQ Thread.
Want to know more about the Garmin VIRB? See here.
"The motorcycle, being poorly designed for both flight and marine operation, sustained significant external and internal damage," police noted.
Emmbeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:52 PM   #6626
Beer'o'clock Baz
?
 
Beer'o'clock Baz's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Toowoomba
Oddometer: 1,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmbeedee View Post
What kind of touch screen problems? Is it an early unit? Some of those were problematic but Garmin was replacing them quickly when requested. When was the unit purchased?

Another touch screen problem was caused by the screen protector. With the SP on, and in the hot sun, the unit would make its own selections. Is there a protector on yours? If so, take it off and see if that cures the problem.

Why don't you just get rid of it if it's bothering you that much? You won't find anything better right now, though.
sorry - when touching the screen icons some you touch straight on others you press about a cm below in portrait to the right in landscape - this has only started in the last few weeks - unit was bought end if april last year and software is up to date - screen protector has always been on - I actually went a couple of months without any problems thought finaly I do like the features of this gps but man it has problems - I have just removed screen protector and still has issue
__________________

Beer'o'clock Baz screwed with this post 01-19-2013 at 02:14 PM
Beer'o'clock Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:13 PM   #6627
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators
 
Emmbeedee's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Near Ottawa, ON, Canada
Oddometer: 9,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by B2 View Post
sorry - when touching the screen icons some you touch straight on others you press about a cm below in portrait to the right in landscape - this has only started in the last few weeks - unit was bought end if april last year and software is up to date - screen protector has always been on- I actually went a couple of months without any problems thought finaly I do like the features of this gps but man it has problems
You might have an early unit. Have you called Garmin?
__________________
Want to know more about the Garmin Montana? See the Wisdom and FAQ Thread.
Want to know more about the Garmin VIRB? See here.
"The motorcycle, being poorly designed for both flight and marine operation, sustained significant external and internal damage," police noted.
Emmbeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:21 PM   #6628
Beer'o'clock Baz
?
 
Beer'o'clock Baz's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Toowoomba
Oddometer: 1,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmbeedee View Post
You might have an early unit. Have you called Garmin?
I will go back to place of purchase this week - thought it wouldn't be early unit if bought in april and there very popular here - thanks for your help
__________________
Beer'o'clock Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:59 PM   #6629
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators
 
Emmbeedee's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Near Ottawa, ON, Canada
Oddometer: 9,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bli55 View Post
I have refrained from posting lots of questions when first getting to know my Montana 600, and many have resolved themselves with help of this thread, wiki and google.
Try it for a couple of months too...

Anyway, here are issues that are still troubling me:

I have 6 shortcuts:

- 2 that turn current track log visibility on/off.
- 2 that turn map view from top view to perspective (automotive) and back.
- 2 that turn routing method from direct to automotive and back.

All these are set to enable the appropriate setting and return to map.

Problem is that none of them work!!

Return to map is ok, but setting which was meant to change stays the same (checked this in the menu as well).
In contrast, manually going and changing settings in the menus gives the right outcome wrt view, routing or track visibility.

Any ideas?
Sorry, I have no idea why your shortcuts don't work, but rather than make subtle changes to a particular profile via shortcuts, I prefer to have multiple profiles reflecting the use, and shortcuts that take me to the profiles.

That works really well for me.

I can see the last four of your shortcuts working well in the 'shortcut to profile' model.
__________________
Want to know more about the Garmin Montana? See the Wisdom and FAQ Thread.
Want to know more about the Garmin VIRB? See here.
"The motorcycle, being poorly designed for both flight and marine operation, sustained significant external and internal damage," police noted.
Emmbeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:46 AM   #6630
TravellingStrom
Gnarly Adventurer
 
TravellingStrom's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Rockhampton, Australia
Oddometer: 397
My shortcuts that I added are also intermittent. Two like yours, Track up and Automotive mode works on occasion but not always

Nothing comes to mind as to why it works on occasion but not others very annoying
__________________
www.travellingstrom.com
TravellingStrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014