ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 207 votes, 4.87 average. Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 06:01 AM   #6616
Gerg
Cupcake

Oddometer: 8,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadHahn View Post
One of the things I don't like about my Montana is the lack of Bluetooth. I have found a solution. It's called the GoGroove BlueSense TRM Bluetooth Transmitter. It plugs into the audio input jack on the Ram mount wiring and syncs up with no problem to my Bluetooth equipped helmet. Now I can hear the alerts from the GPS in my helmet.

The only problem is charging. Until I install a USB charging port on my bike, I have to remember to unplug the transmitter and bring it inside to charge.

It would have been better if the Montana came with Bluetooth but this is a good fairly cheap (less than $30) work around.

Chad

Pretty inexpensive @ Newegg
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16875983307

Not getting good reviews but if it pairs OK while using with the Montana I guess it's good to go.

Which headset are you pairing to?

Gerg

Gerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:53 AM   #6617
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 8,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadHahn View Post
One of the things I don't like about my Montana is the lack of Bluetooth. I have found a solution. It's called the GoGroove BlueSense TRM Bluetooth Transmitter. It plugs into the audio input jack on the Ram mount wiring and syncs up with no problem to my Bluetooth equipped helmet. Now I can hear the alerts from the GPS in my helmet.

The only problem is charging. Until I install a USB charging port on my bike, I have to remember to unplug the transmitter and bring it inside to charge.

It would have been better if the Montana came with Bluetooth but this is a good fairly cheap (less than $30) work around.

Chad

Which BT head set do you have?

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:02 AM   #6618
Bli55
-

Oddometer: 343
I have refrained from posting lots of questions when first getting to know my Montana 600, and many have resolved themselves with help of this thread, wiki and google.
Try it for a couple of months too...

Anyway, here are issues that are still troubling me:

I have 6 shortcuts:

- 2 that turn current track log visibility on/off.
- 2 that turn map view from top view to perspective (automotive) and back.
- 2 that turn routing method from direct to automotive and back.

All these are set to enable the appropriate setting and return to map.

Problem is that none of them work!!

Return to map is ok, but setting which was meant to change stays the same (checked this in the menu as well).
In contrast, manually going and changing settings in the menus gives the right outcome wrt view, routing or track visibility.

Any ideas?
Bli55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:19 AM   #6619
atlas cached
OX Ambassador

Oddometer: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmbeedee View Post
Got my new Tempe in the mail yesterday - there's no way of telling the difference between new and old, as far as I can tell, except the new one should work properly.

I marked the flawed one with an X just so I know which is which.

The new unit appears to have a white indexing arrow (above DYNASTREAM) not seen on the older unit...
atlas cached is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:40 AM   #6620
ChadHahn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerg View Post
Pretty inexpensive @ Newegg
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16875983307

Not getting good reviews but if it pairs OK while using with the Montana I guess it's good to go.

Which headset are you pairing to?

Gerg
That's about what I paid for it on Amazon. It gets better reviews over there.

I am using a Vega Summit 3.0 V-Com helmet.

Chad
ChadHahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:41 AM   #6621
Riteris
Dessert Runner

Oddometer: 2,860
Several months ago, I was looking for a bluetooth device like the previously mentioned one for several different applications. It seems to me there was nothing out there that worked consistantly (if it worked at all... is pairing all that difficult?)

I gave up.

Has bluetooth technology and product range improved lately or do I just need to take a chance and hope for the best?

I am taking the advice of all those people that told me, "Hey kid, why don't you go play in traffic!"
Riteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:57 AM   #6622
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,269
My Montana often either fails to connect to my pc (pc has unrecognizable usb device or fails completely) or if it does connect sometimes the gps decides to turn on and then disconnects from my pc. I have re-installed drivers etc....Generally, after a few/many attempts I can get a connection to last long enough to transfer files etc.... but it's troublesome.
Anyone else have this issue?
swimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:33 PM   #6623
Beer'o'clock Baz
?

Oddometer: 1,713
hey fellas
Im having touch screen problems with my 650t can someone advise what is the fix- if there is one and what post number its on thanks - tried screen recalibration not sure if im doing it right it just goes on forever
p.s I will never buy a montana again nothing but trouble over and over i hate it - sorry rant over again
Old 01-19-2013, 01:43 PM   #6624
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators

Oddometer: 9,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by B2 View Post
hey fellas
Im having touch screen problems with my 650t can someone advise what is the fix- if there is one and what post number its on thanks - tried screen recalibration not sure if im doing it right it just goes on forever
p.s I will never buy a montana again nothing but trouble over and over i hate it - sorry rant over again
What kind of touch screen problems? Is it an early unit? Some of those were problematic but Garmin was replacing them quickly when requested. When was the unit purchased?

Another touch screen problem was caused by the screen protector. With the SP on, and in the hot sun, the unit would make its own selections. Is there a protector on yours? If so, take it off and see if that cures the problem.

Why don't you just get rid of it if it's bothering you that much? You won't find anything better right now, though.
Emmbeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:44 PM   #6625
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas cached View Post
The new unit appears to have a white indexing arrow (above DYNASTREAM) not seen on the older unit...
You're right. Hadn't noticed that.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:52 PM   #6626
Beer'o'clock Baz
?

Quote:
What kind of touch screen problems? Is it an early unit? Some of those were problematic but Garmin was replacing them quickly when requested. When was the unit purchased?

Another touch screen problem was caused by the screen protector. With the SP on, and in the hot sun, the unit would make its own selections. Is there a protector on yours? If so, take it off and see if that cures the problem.

Why don't you just get rid of it if it's bothering you that much? You won't find anything better right now, though.
sorry - when touching the screen icons some you touch straight on others you press about a cm below in portrait to the right in landscape - this has only started in the last few weeks - unit was bought end if april last year and software is up to date - screen protector has always been on - I actually went a couple of months without any problems thought finaly I do like the features of this gps but man it has problems - I have just removed screen protector and still has issue

Beer'o'clock Baz screwed with this post 01-19-2013 at 02:14 PM
Beer'o'clock Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:13 PM   #6627
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2 View Post
sorry - when touching the screen icons some you touch straight on others you press about a cm below in portrait to the right in landscape - this has only started in the last few weeks - unit was bought end if april last year and software is up to date - screen protector has always been on- I actually went a couple of months without any problems thought finaly I do like the features of this gps but man it has problems
You might have an early unit. Have you called Garmin?
Old 01-19-2013, 02:21 PM   #6628
Beer'o'clock Baz
?

Quote:
You might have an early unit. Have you called Garmin?
I will go back to place of purchase this week - thought it wouldn't be early unit if bought in april and there very popular here - thanks for your help
Old 01-19-2013, 06:59 PM   #6629
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bli55 View Post
I have refrained from posting lots of questions when first getting to know my Montana 600, and many have resolved themselves with help of this thread, wiki and google.
Try it for a couple of months too...

Anyway, here are issues that are still troubling me:

I have 6 shortcuts:

- 2 that turn current track log visibility on/off.
- 2 that turn map view from top view to perspective (automotive) and back.
- 2 that turn routing method from direct to automotive and back.

All these are set to enable the appropriate setting and return to map.

Problem is that none of them work!!

Return to map is ok, but setting which was meant to change stays the same (checked this in the menu as well).
In contrast, manually going and changing settings in the menus gives the right outcome wrt view, routing or track visibility.

Any ideas?
Sorry, I have no idea why your shortcuts don't work, but rather than make subtle changes to a particular profile via shortcuts, I prefer to have multiple profiles reflecting the use, and shortcuts that take me to the profiles.

That works really well for me.

I can see the last four of your shortcuts working well in the 'shortcut to profile' model.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:46 AM   #6630
TravellingStrom
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 397
My shortcuts that I added are also intermittent. Two like yours, Track up and Automotive mode works on occasion but not always

Nothing comes to mind as to why it works on occasion but not others very annoying