ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 201 votes, 4.87 average. Display Modes
Old 07-11-2013, 07:56 AM   #8746
esp41
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
Rollchart Profile

I am going to try to use a roll chart for the 1st time. My factory (Husky 610) speedo cluster is very primitive.

Is there way to have an odometer show on the map screen? Can that odometer easily be reset, or better yet- set to any mileage I need? (good feature if you make a wrong turn and add unwanted mileage to the odo).

Thanks- Mike
1993 Harley Heritage Classic
Tomos ST
esp41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:30 AM   #8747
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Oddometer: 17,920
So... going back to the no routable maps in that area error...

If I take a waypoint that just happens to be the final destination on a route (created by someone else on an unknown version of CNNA) and pick that waypoint as the destination for a "where to?" the gps has no trouble creating a path to it.

If, however, I pull up the route for which that same waypoint is the final destination, I get the no routable maps error.

This happens with topo 24k NE &SE enabled. They are both recently purchased and installed via Garmin tools.

This also happens with a old copy of CNNA in there. I have ordered the newest CNNA & lifetime updates from GPSCity (who were great and helpful, BTW) and will be installing that when it arrives next week and deleting that old one. I will then re-run this test.

Any thoughts? Still sound like bad route data?
Smugmug Discount: https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=mStnWv71mNkjo
Support .orgs that work to protect your rights: ACLU, NRA, EFF
Emoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:40 AM   #8748
atlas cached
OX Ambassador

Oddometer: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
So... going back to the no routable maps in that area error...

If I take a waypoint that just happens to be the final destination on a route (created by someone else on an unknown version of CNNA) and pick that waypoint as the destination for a "where to?" the gps has no trouble creating a path to it.

If, however, I pull up the route for which that same waypoint is the final destination, I get the no routable maps error.

This happens with topo 24k NE &SE enabled. They are both recently purchased and installed via Garmin tools.

This also happens with a old copy of CNNA in there. I have ordered the newest CNNA & lifetime updates from GPSCity (who were great and helpful, BTW) and will be installing that when it arrives next week and deleting that old one. I will then re-run this test.

Any thoughts? Still sound like bad route data?

You need to have the same identical map enabled on the GPSr that was used when creating the route. OR, open the route in BaseCamp, change to direct, then send back to Montana, and use it with any map you like.
atlas cached is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:38 AM   #8749
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Oddometer: 17,920
Thanks much, Atlas!
Smugmug Discount: https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=mStnWv71mNkjo
Support .orgs that work to protect your rights: ACLU, NRA, EFF
Emoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:23 PM   #8750
esp41
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by esp41 View Post
I am going to try to use a roll chart for the 1st time. My factory (Husky 610) speedo cluster is very primitive.

Is there way to have an odometer show on the map screen? Can that odometer easily be reset, or better yet- set to any mileage I need? (good feature if you make a wrong turn and add unwanted mileage to the odo).

Thanks- Mike
I got the odometer and trip odometer onto the map by changing from nuvi to "small data fields" . I can reset the trip odometer by exiting the map and using a reset shortcut on the main profile page.

Is a master reset the only way to reset the odometer?

Can I have multiple trip odometers (and reset them individually)?

Is there a way to input a starting milage for a trip odometer?

Thanks

Mike
Tomos ST
Old 07-11-2013, 03:56 PM   #8751
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators

Oddometer: 9,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by esp41 View Post
I got the odometer and trip odometer onto the map by changing from nuvi to "small data fields" . I can reset the trip odometer by exiting the map and using a reset shortcut on the main profile page.

Is a master reset the only way to reset the odometer? (Yes)

Can I have multiple trip odometers (and reset them individually)? (The Track Distance field can be used as a second Odometer and it can be reset independent of the Trip Odometer - or you can reset the Trip Odometer and leave the Track Distance as your Odometer.)

Is there a way to input a starting milage for a trip odometer? (No, you can't)
See the answers in your text.
Emmbeedee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:15 PM   #8752
esp41
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmbeedee View Post
See the answers in your text.
Thanks! Works great. I can even stop and start the track when I need to do a course deviation to get gas or go to a hotel. As long as I don't make any wrong turns, I'm good to go.

Mike
Tomos ST
Old 07-12-2013, 03:47 PM   #8753
AdvRonski
They call me......Ronski

Oddometer: 683
I've had a few tracks that show up when the unit is hooked up to Basecamp, but can't be found on the list in Track Manager. It seems pretty random, and deleting and re-installing the tracks on while in Basecamp gets them back on the list.
I just don't get why they show up on BC from the unit's internal storage, but can't be found on the list.
Any ideas?
Old 07-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #8754
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvRonski View Post
I've had a few tracks that show up when the unit is hooked up to Basecamp, but can't be found on the list in Track Manager. It seems pretty random, and deleting and re-installing the tracks on while in Basecamp gets them back on the list.
I just don't get why they show up on BC from the unit's internal storage, but can't be found on the list.
Any ideas?
I would run Javawa Device Manager on that to see if it finds any fault with your files.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:27 PM   #8755
AdvRonski
They call me......Ronski

Oddometer: 683
Great Idea!
I did the search for corrupt files, but nothing showed up.
Well, at least it's working right now, after I re-installed it.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #8756
Rocky TFS
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvRonski View Post
Any ideas?
Yeah, this exact same thing happed to me this week, and I'm still running 4.70. Looking in the internal storage folder, there were dozen or so routes and several waypoint files, and when I deleted them manually and resent them all from BC, there were only 8 routes and one waypoint file.

Some of those had been in there for a year or more.

Seems that manual housecleaning (i.e. with Explorer) every year and resending everything may be the only answer.
Old 07-14-2013, 03:02 AM   #8757
Pine Sol
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 473
i need some help

ok, im off in a day or two for my summer, and i have done something to my montana..

when i bought my 650, it had some pre loaded maps, like street maps of north america, but now, its gone.

setup > map > map information select map > my choices are: digit globe, birdseye select erie, birdseye select kompass, usgs quads (all are enabled). but i have nothing for city street maps.

all i see, is my arrow, and blue background....

what map(s) am i missing?

thank you.
ed
Pine Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 04:11 AM   #8758
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine Sol View Post
ok, im off in a day or two for my summer, and i have done something to my montana..

when i bought my 650, it had some pre loaded maps, like street maps of north america, but now, its gone.

setup > map > map information select map > my choices are: digit globe, birdseye select erie, birdseye select kompass, usgs quads (all are enabled). but i have nothing for city street maps.

all i see, is my arrow, and blue background....

what map(s) am i missing?
The 650 has nothing in the way of maps except the Basemap when you buy it unless you add on the City Navigator North America mapset. But I don't see the Basemap listed there. Perhaps you removed it?

Connect your gps to a computer and look at it through Finder or Explorer, and look for this file x:\Garmin\gmapbmap.img

Emmbeedee screwed with this post 07-14-2013 at 04:20 AM
Old 07-14-2013, 04:29 AM   #8759
Cataract2
Where to?

Oddometer: 1,499
Is it just me or did the update to 5.10 change some things in the Montana? I noticed on the Nuvi screen that while navigating it doesn't give me the turn arrows in the top left of the screen with the distance to next or the speed limit anymore.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:37 AM   #8760
Pine Sol
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 473
give that man a gold star..... THANK YOU... (im one step closer to getting this thing ready...)

yes, that is what i was missing....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmbeedee View Post
The 650 has nothing in the way of maps except the Basemap when you buy it unless you add on the City Navigator North America mapset. But I don't see the Basemap listed there. Perhaps you removed it?

Connect your gps to a computer and look at it through Finder or Explorer, and look for this file x:\Garmin\gmapbmap.img
Pine Sol is offline   Reply With Quote