ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 184 votes, 4.85 average. Display Modes
Old 09-29-2013, 08:12 AM   #9526
woodsatyr
Kitty Boy

Oddometer: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvmvm View Post
Option2: (better to do on a bike)
Drive to the north then bend your bike more than 45degrees to the left and to the right. Then repeat these steps for east, south and west.
For best performance you might even drive on one wheel for a moment with the forewheel in the air for >45degrees, and then perform a brake action that gets the back wheel in the air for >45 degrees.

woodsatyr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:54 AM   #9527
johnpitts01
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 879
Laptop doesnt see Garmin

The computer does not see the Garmin at all.

I tried the suggestion below. The Garmin units (Montana and 478) do not appear on the list when connected.

If I remove the uSD card from the Montana and plug it into a card reader it is seen.

Will try to reinstall the garmin drivers.

"On your computer, click Start, look for "Computer", right click it and select "Manage". In the "Computer Management" window, select "Storage", then "Disk Management". In the next screen you should see all your drives listed. Make sure that you don't have any trying to occupy the same drive letter. If you see the Garmin there, I suggest you right click on it and change its Drive Letter and Path. Same for the uSD card - change it to a higher letter.

Then exit the management screen and see if Explorer lists your drives. "
johnpitts01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:49 AM   #9528
cablebandit
Web Adventurer

Oddometer: 668
So far so good with 5.4.

I got my speed limits back (although they did come back for 10 miles or so with 5.3 before disappearing again )

No issues with lost satellites or any other wackiness to report yet.
IBA #33260
cablebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:38 PM   #9529
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpitts01 View Post
The computer does not see the Garmin at all.

I tried the suggestion below. The Garmin units (Montana and 478) do not appear on the list when connected.

If I remove the uSD card from the Montana and plug it into a card reader it is seen.

Will try to reinstall the garmin drivers.

"On your computer, click Start, look for "Computer", right click it and select "Manage". In the "Computer Management" window, select "Storage", then "Disk Management". In the next screen you should see all your drives listed. Make sure that you don't have any trying to occupy the same drive letter. If you see the Garmin there, I suggest you right click on it and change its Drive Letter and Path. Same for the uSD card - change it to a higher letter.

Then exit the management screen and see if Explorer lists your drives. "
Your post is a little confusing but, if you are having issues with your pc seeing your montana try using a different usb cable that was supplied with your garmin if you have not done that yet. In addition to not seeing it mine would also connect and then disconnect but after I tried the usb cable from my gopro everything worked fine.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:40 PM   #9530
swimmer
armchair asshole

I bought the remote temp sensor for my montana. I am trying to set up my dash to include that. When making a dash configuration of "favorites" it says to go the the "options" to configure the dash. I can't find this "options" or any other way to personalize my "favorites" dash. Any help? I know how to change the items of display in the trip meter but I can't figure out how to add favorites to my dash.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:43 PM   #9531
atlas cached
OX Ambassador

Oddometer: 687
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
I bought the remote temp sensor for my montana. I am trying to set up my dash to include that. When making a dash configuration of "favorites" it says to go the the "options" to configure the dash. I can't find this "options" or any other way to personalize my "favorites" dash. Any help? I know how to change the items of display in the trip meter but I can't figure out how to add favorites to my dash.
Does this help?
atlas cached is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:59 PM   #9532
swimmer
armchair asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas cached View Post
Does this help?
I don't think so. That just seems to add short cuts to your dashboard (which I already figured out how to do) but I want to specify which real time parameters are shown, I.E speed, distance to dest, direction, and current temp.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:25 PM   #9533
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer: 1,651
Still gaining mileage on the trip odometer...

2 weeks ago I had updated to 5.3 hoping to correct the Odometer error. Took a quick 260mi ride up to NY yesterday and the Montana was running within .2 of my Vapor after 200mi. GREAT!

I then stopped for some soup, coffee and when I restarted it, it had gained exactly 40mi. Got home with the 40mi error, shut it down. Then this morning got back on and rode up to start a project and it had gained another 40mi during the night. Both times after shutting the unit off.

Sooo after seeing a couple post back that there was a new 5.4, I just installed it.... Hoping to finally fix that niggle.

That's been my biggest problem with this unit since day one.
Jettn Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:37 PM   #9534
atlas cached
OX Ambassador

Quote:
Quote:
Does this help?
Quote:
I don't think so. That just seems to add short cuts to your dashboard (which I already figured out how to do) but I want to specify which real time parameters are shown, I.E speed, distance to dest, direction, and current temp.
Sorry, sounded like you were having trouble with the Favorites dashboard. You must first unlock the data fields in the Trip Computer application before you can change them.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:39 PM   #9535
atlas cached
OX Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jettn Jim View Post
2 weeks ago I had updated to 5.3 hoping to correct the Odometer error. Took a quick 260mi ride up to NY yesterday and the Montana was running within .2 of my Vapor after 200mi. GREAT!

I then stopped for some soup, coffee and when I restarted it, it had gained exactly 40mi. Got home with the 40mi error, shut it down. Then this morning got back on and rode up to start a project and it had gained another 40mi during the night. Both times after shutting the unit off.

Sooo after seeing a couple post back that there was a new 5.4, I just installed it.... Hoping to finally fix that niggle.

Are you turning the Track Log Recording function off when you stop for soup & coffee, or before you turn the unit off for the night, and then restarting the Track Log Recording just before you resume your journey for the day?
Old 10-01-2013, 07:27 AM   #9536
swimmer
armchair asshole

Quote:
Sorry, sounded like you were having trouble with the Favorites dashboard. You must first unlock the data fields in the Trip Computer application before you can change them.
But I don't want to change the trip computer settings I want to change whats displayed dashboard that is displayed in conjunction with the map. I want to add the temperature instead of something like the compass or travel time or miles traveled.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:46 AM   #9537
woodsatyr
Kitty Boy

Quote:
But I don't want to change the trip computer settings I want to change whats displayed dashboard that is displayed in conjunction with the map. I want to add the temperature instead of something like the compass or travel time or miles traveled.
When I have my dashboard set to "small data fields", I can touch one of the fields and it will bring up the menu to change data fields. Is that what you're looking for?

(PS. when I'm viewing the map.)
Old 10-01-2013, 07:48 AM   #9538
woodsatyr
Kitty Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jettn Jim View Post

That's because you're always on the move even in your sleep!! Your gps has picked up on this and is doing the same.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:44 AM   #9539
swimmer
armchair asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsatyr View Post
When I have my dashboard set to "small data fields", I can touch one of the fields and it will bring up the menu to change data fields. Is that what you're looking for?

(PS. when I'm viewing the map.)
Perhaps. Thanks, I 'll try that when I get home this evening.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:47 AM   #9540
atlas cached
OX Ambassador

Quote:
Then don't change them for the Trip Computer, but you must unlock them there. ALL data field dashboards are locked and unlocked via Trip Computer.