ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Some Assembly Required
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-02-2014, 04:56 AM   #1
jebe OP
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2014
Oddometer: 23
Converting a KX 125 to Enduro

Requesting all possible information on how to convert my 1993 KX 2 stroke MX bike into an enduro or trail bike.

It is in very good condition to start with. And i would like to start with fitting the bike with lights front and rear.

I was told we need to install a battery and charging system. I am hoping to get tips on what parts to buy and install. Where to buy them (preferably online) and how to install them.

Thanks in advance.
jebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 05:20 AM   #2
JebGayanelo
n00b
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Oddometer: 4
I use it on roads occasionally crossing to the farm area.
JebGayanelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 08:36 AM   #3
Bt10
Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Saranac,MI
Oddometer: 69
Battery operated bicycle lights work good for me for occasional road use. LED batteries last a long time and the units are light and cheap and stand-alone. Fab your brackets and most mounts are removable and I usually buy extra units, just in case. modernbike.com is a good place to start.
Bt10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 09:45 PM   #4
jebe OP
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2014
Oddometer: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bt10 View Post
Battery operated bicycle lights work good for me for occasional road use. LED batteries last a long time and the units are light and cheap and stand-alone. Fab your brackets and most mounts are removable and I usually buy extra units, just in case. modernbike.com is a good place to start.
Thanks BT10. I have some lights on my moubtain bikes - will try them on. Thanks again.

If there is anyone with ideas on a more permanent solution - pls post. Thanks!!
jebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 07:32 AM   #5
upnorthhillrod
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2014
Oddometer: 48
no clue about your dmv in your area but heres the hardware.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Baja-Designs...c8186e&vxp=mtr

you will also need to have your stator rewound to put out more power. maybe a kdx stator would fit? I have no idea though.
upnorthhillrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:18 AM   #6
tntmo
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: San Diego, CA
Oddometer: 494
I installed a lighting stator on my son's KX100 a few years ago, wasn't much but enough to run a small headlight and LED taillight. Got it here.

http://www.steahlyoffroad.com/lighti...ing-coils.html
__________________
Buncha dirt bikes with license plates.
tntmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 02:04 AM   #7
jebe OP
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2014
Oddometer: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by upnorthhillrod View Post
no clue about your dmv in your area but heres the hardware.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Baja-Designs...c8186e&vxp=mtr

you will also need to have your stator rewound to put out more power. maybe a kdx stator would fit? I have no idea though.
Wow thanks!! Will follow the link you provided asap. Much appreciated!
jebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 02:05 AM   #8
jebe OP
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2014
Oddometer: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by tntmo View Post
I installed a lighting stator on my son's KX100 a few years ago, wasn't much but enough to run a small headlight and LED taillight. Got it here.

http://www.steahlyoffroad.com/lighti...ing-coils.html
Thanks Likewise!!
jebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 07:45 PM   #9
JebGayanelo
n00b
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Oddometer: 4
Are the flywheels of the 1991-92 kx125 very different from the 93? Am not exactly sure what my Kx 125 year model is. The chassis number was powder coated over.
JebGayanelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 04:38 AM   #10
tHEtREV
Captain Awesome
 
tHEtREV's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Middle Park, Brisbane, Australia
Oddometer: 7,676
Check the engine number and compare it here.

According to that site 92 to 97 fly wheels are the same.
__________________
tEAM iDIOT.

A KDX is way cooler than what ever you ride...
tHEtREV is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015