Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2012, 06:40 AM   #1981
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Oddometer: 4,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud Al View Post
Great video Mark, how are you liking the 800 when it comes to passing all those trucks and busses?
The 800 has plenty of power to pass quickly..... The bigger bikes are really overkill here. Just ask James as we were riding down the mountains toward Medellin and a guy on a little 125 blew by us on the outside corners

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430
Radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:27 AM   #1982
Radioman OP
Moto rider

January 14th, Medellin, Colombia

Back to Ruta 40 BMW to get our bikes checked in for service. Carlos spoke english and also had his Mechanic come out to review the questions. I needed to just have a quick overall check, reset the service codes, and buy a couple spare parts like extra oil filter, chain lube etc.

Just a quick Note the Ruta 40 BMW shop has a great reputation for helping travelers. It was a great experience working with them!! Highly recommend them for anyone riding south, and needing to get the bike worked on, tires etc!!

Yea. BMW shop with a Beer fridge. Nope did not have any, but thought it was funny.

James had a bit more to do on his bike, and found out that the rear shock had blown seals So the mechanics would not be able to work on this until Monday.... So we are hanging out in Medellin, which is not a bad thing

Hung out at the dealer awhile and they had a C1

Remember someone is watching :)

Great poster of all the BMW models over the years....

Later in the afternoon, got together with Mike ( mwillia ) who was here to ride with the Group of riders that Mike from Casablanca Hostel is taking on an 8 day tour of Columbia. Very cool to meet up with other ADV riders who are out on the road.!

Then we had dinner together that evening. also have peekay from ADV who is riding south to Argentina.

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430

Radioman screwed with this post 01-15-2012 at 08:01 PM
Old 01-15-2012, 07:54 AM   #1983
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Oddometer: 24,519
Morning Mark!

I've done ride reports before but on trips only lasting a month or so. I know how difficult it is to keep them up.

Thank you for your dedication to bringing us along for the ride. I really appreciate it.

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
AceRph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:01 AM   #1984
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceRph View Post
Morning Mark!

I've done ride reports before but on trips only lasting a month or so. I know how difficult it is to keep them up.

Thank you for your dedication to bringing us along for the ride. I really appreciate it.
+1 thank you
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:44 AM   #1985
Spinalcracker
former redriderofma

Oddometer: 1,083
Great video Mark

I look forward to your updates daily.
Vermont Covered Bridges
Spinalcracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:34 AM   #1986
Patrick46
visionary

Oddometer: 2,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioman View Post
BAck to Ruta 40 BMW
Hung out at the dealer awhile and they had a C1

Didja take it out for a spin??? I'd love to try onna those things out! (the bike)

Keep up the good wor......ahhhhhhhh............RIDE!!! (....don't tell me this is work!)

GodSpeed!

www.artworks-unlimited.com
Patrick46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:46 AM   #1987
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceRph View Post
Morning Mark!
Thanks!! It is a pleasure to share my journey with others on ADV rider. I see a great deal of value in sharing, so the time and effort is all worth it! but thanks for knowing what it takes to keep up to date!

Radioman screwed with this post 01-15-2012 at 10:15 AM
Old 01-15-2012, 02:43 PM   #1988
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Speaking of sharing ...... Here is the long version of the Radioman rides Columbia. Turn up the Volume, Sit back and Enjoy from the safety and comfort of your couch

Radioman screwed with this post 01-15-2012 at 09:03 PM
Old 01-15-2012, 03:03 PM   #1989
rgiroux
Invisible Man

Oddometer: 2,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioman View Post
Speaking of sharing ...... Here is the long version of the Radioman rides Columbia. Turn up the Volume, Sit back and Enjoy from the safety and comfort of your couch

Looks like fun! (was that one car turning left into the gas station, when everyone pulled out to pass him? )

reminds me of commuting in Calif!

2009 Alaska , 2010 Moab
2011 Calif Dreaming , 2013 Mexico

rgiroux screwed with this post 01-16-2012 at 08:20 AM
rgiroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:05 PM   #1990
ADV Fool
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 449
Nice, very nice!!!!

Mark,

Another great video, made me feel like I was riding right along with you!!!!!
2010 HD Ultra "Limited"
ADV Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:17 PM   #1991
rockymountainoyster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 981
Yeah, scared the crap out of me too!
rockymountainoyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:30 PM   #1992
rockymountainoyster
Studly Adventurer

Loved the music track. I am impressed with the level of production value you are getting on the road and editing with Imovie. On the two camera shots are you using 2 GoPros or the GoPro and the digital still camera? Are the shots from the left of the bike taken from the flex arm camera mount that you showed us or do you have an additional mounting system? Shots across windscreen... from helmet camera or other position. Which GPS is that? Do you have good data coverage for Central and South America with that unit? Thanks. It is phenomenal that you can keep up with this, the blog, the videos and clearly enjoying the ride and the journey.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:20 PM   #1993
upweekis
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,449
Mark, watching your video--great work BTW--I see you have a knobby tire on the front. what are you running?
Old 01-15-2012, 05:47 PM   #1994
rockymountainoyster
Studly Adventurer

The C-1 was nice the C cups nicer still.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:50 PM   #1995
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymountainoyster View Post
On the two camera shots are you using 2 GoPros or the GoPro and the digital still camera? Are the shots from the left of the bike taken from the flex arm camera mount that you showed us or do you have an additional mounting system? Shots across windscreen... from helmet camera or other position.

Which GPS is that? Do you have good data coverage for Central and South America with that unit?
I'm using a GoPro 2 have several mount options on the bike and then helmet mount. The left Camera is James's and I think it is a contour but I will check with him on that.

Garmin Zumo 660. Mexico maps were good. Central america were almost none existent, SO far Columbia is OK, but not great. There are some open source Maps I have that seem pretty good as well. I also get in country Maps as well for planning.