Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2012, 11:31 PM   #2821
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Oddometer: 5,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwj - Donnie View Post
Hi Mark!

I really identify with what you wrote here! We do things many others only dream of and they think we are so lucky, but they don't realize, while we do a lot of things that bring us joy, it is all under the veil of the loss we suffered. I am often told that I am "lucky" and all I can say is that I don't feel "lucky", I hope to some day have that feeling again, but now, I am simply doing the best I can with the circumstances I have.

Donnie
Donnie My heart goes out to you. Know how much it hurts and how you miss Sheryl, but you have the courage to carry on! Your grieving will continue but life will unfold for you in new ways!!

Keep on riding and following along!

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430
Radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:35 PM   #2822
Radioman OP
Moto rider

T Minus 40 Hours.....

Life is moving fast as I finish the last minute packing and repacking the reset of my stuff to store away.

Have dreamed of the day that I would be going to India to Ride in the Himalayas!! In less than 40 hours I will board the plane and fly to Dehli, India to do just that. Very cool to be "living my dreams" Hopefully I will have a chance to recap my time at home, and the excitement of stepping into the next part of my RTW ride.

. Thanks for following along patiently () during my time stateside!

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430
Old 05-14-2012, 05:35 AM   #2823
NCK
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioman View Post
Life is moving fast as I finish the last minute packing and repacking the reset of my stuff to store away.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts Radioman. I love this thread and sharing this with others is a gift.

On a more operational topic - might you share with us your packing list?
NCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:07 PM   #2824
ADV Fool
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 449
Still with you Radioman!!!

God speed Radioman, thanks for the next part of the adventure.
2010 HD Ultra "Limited"
ADV Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:37 PM   #2825
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Less than 16 hours now..... Here comes India. Weather in Dehli for the week

Old 05-14-2012, 11:42 PM   #2826
Johnny Dakar
Fuckin' Smartass

Oddometer: 13,922
Quote:
Less than 16 hours now..... Here comes India. Weather in Dehli for the week

Hell Mark--get up in those mountains quick!
"Just sharing this quiet time is intimate, our tent, our bikes and our faces illuminated by yellow light from the fire. This is why we travel. To experience those rare moments of perfection of solitude of life."
-Simon Thomas
Johnny Dakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 05:32 AM   #2827
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,802
Enjoy the next leg of your travels and give CJ a big hug for me.

Thank you for the lady bug decal. I can't beleive you brought that all the way back for me. It will find a place of honor on the Superbug. The lady bug rock that went to AK with you is still hanging out in the tank bag on my F650.

It was nice to see you Saturday and being able to hear a little about your adventures first hand.

Safe travels
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:55 AM   #2828
rdwarior
Dreaming the Dream

Oddometer: 4
Mark, I've been lurking on this RR since the beginning, and just finished getting caught back up to speed after a brief hiatus and I feel as though I should drop a post. I must say that you are a truly inspirational person. Your outlook on life and, and kindhearted nature are what we all should strive for in our everyday interactions with one another. I've shared your stories and adventures with my wife, who lost her Grandmother to Alzheimer's, and she enjoys them as much as I do.

I had a great time following you through the America's, and can't wait for India!

As always, travel safe and keep it shiny side up.

If you ever pass through Niagara Falls, my door is open to you.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:57 AM   #2829
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Oddometer: 24,603
Safe travels, Mark!

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
AceRph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:52 AM   #2830
MortimerSickle
Semi-Adventurer

Oddometer: 12,037
A few shifty characters gathered at the Rock Creek Tavern last evening to wish Radioman Bon Voyage.

I miss round headlights.

"When I was a young man, I liked to race my horse...." -
G.H.W.S. 1878-1962
MortimerSickle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:30 AM   #2831
Johnny Dakar
Fuckin' Smartass

Oddometer: 13,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortimerSickle View Post
A few shifty characters gathered at the Rock Creek Tavern last evening to wish Radioman Bon Voyage.

Nice.
"Just sharing this quiet time is intimate, our tent, our bikes and our faces illuminated by yellow light from the fire. This is why we travel. To experience those rare moments of perfection of solitude of life."
-Simon Thomas
Johnny Dakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:22 PM   #2832
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Just a couple hours and I will be in the air.

Sitting at the Airport in my riding gear.... Just a couple hours before departure. With time to sit and reflect on the past few weeks. Have been busy seeing friends and family so it has been hard to sit down and write a proper Post.

Being on this trip for the past 11 months, and out of country for 7 months, always leaves one wanting to connect with friends. So Morning, noon and night that is what I have been doing. It has been great to have so many great people in my life, and be able to share my lives journeys.

Met with my Good Friends Brad, Dave, Kris and Jeremy for a "manhood" dinner and discussion. Jeremy is graduating High School and we sat down to here is College plans, desires and share some hard earned advice. Was a great evening. One we have shared over the years with all of our Sons.

In between meals with friends, I had to copy over the photos from the trip so far, and clean off all the SD cards to be ready for photos and video in India!
and reassemble a whole to new of gear for this ride.

Had a great birthday and was able to have dinner with my Brother, Scott his Wife Alison and my niece and nephew!! They had to show "uncle" their trampoline moves!

They had great birthday cards ready for me! and some Berry Pie

Having a blast.

After dinner we took a walk and the kids had to take a swing ......

And an impression of what a chicken looks like walking about. :loll

Then I got back and had a visit when I got back from Ladybug, Luke and Allan. Was great to here about the Baja ride that they just returned from!!

After Baja it will need some work. Great job on the race

The "going away" parties continued ...... The guys I have had coffee with for years got together after Bob offered to host. And host he did. WOW. Sets the bar very high for entertaining and hospitality!! Thanks Bob and Guys!! Thanks for the encouragement and for participating on this journey!!

What a beautiful May evening with a view out over Portland and Mt St Helens in the background.

Bob had prepared a meal fit for a King!

Some Meat dishes before I go!

Dishing up!

Great conversations as the sun went down....

And Ken already shared the Monday night impromptu gathering..... Yup Saying "goodbye" again.

As always Ken has his camera out and taking photos!

And a last big burger before I go "All Curry"

We sort of just take over the outdoor patio.

and the parking lot

Leave it to Fisherman to have another "Gadget"......

Serious Moto discussions ......

and road trip planning

All my gear packed up and ready to go to the airport. Will put a list of my gear in the next post.

The adventure continues. My friend asked me this morning "are you afraid?" The answer is NO. Whenever you go do something new and out of your comfort zone it comes with thoughts of "what have I done?" but the "fear" is almost always greater than the reality. I have never been to India but know that it will be a great experience! I am excited, and the reality is, in less than 24 hours I will be walking off the plane half way around the world!

Ready to take in all the new experiences and see the Himalayas in person!!

I am so grateful for all my friends and ADV riders that have shared to much, encouraged me and made this Adventure truly special! Thanks for taking the time to follow along, read and participate in this Adventure. You will never know how cool this is for me to have others enjoy the travel with me. certainly makes it worth the efforts to keep posting, editing, photographing and sharing!

Radioman screwed with this post 05-15-2012 at 12:27 PM
Old 05-15-2012, 01:09 PM   #2833
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDave View Post
Go for it Mark... and thanks for sharing with the rest of us .
Thanks Dave!

Thanks to you Solarmoose! followed the ride you and Cee Cee did last summer!!

Thanks Roger Hugs to you and the family!

Old 05-15-2012, 01:55 PM   #2834
Ben Carufel
Boxer Addict

Oddometer: 633
Quote:
Thanks Dave!

Thanks to you Solarmoose! followed the ride you and Cee Cee did last summer!!

Thanks Roger Hugs to you and the family!
Safe travels, Mark!

I'm especially liking your RR because of the Motoport stuff. I've had their pants for almost a year but just got my first kevlar mesh jacket from them a month and a half ago. WOW. I love this thing. Truly amazing. I've been preaching the Motoport gospel ever since and just got a buddy to buy a pair of their pants yesterday. I'm a huge, huge fan of the kevlar racer glove they make as well. I guess I'm lucky that Wayne is a 25 minute ride away!

Enjoy India, I'll be living vicariously through your reports...and making up for the burgers you'd otherwise be consuming here in the states!
Ben Carufel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:33 PM   #2835
sandsman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 508
I think I'll just chime in now......by now you (Marc) are in the air......I have enjoyed your travels and look forward to every installment of your adventure. I might never (most likely never) go to India, but will travel with you through ADV website. You have a good spirit about you, some people just make time til the end, but you make time worth it.......keep on with Faith, Hope, and Courage. Maybe we will meet somewhere, maybe not. I am about to start my adventure too, doesn't matter what length or which direction it goes, it's about the journey and who we touch along the way. Peace and prosperity to you brother.
I got a real good feeling something bad is about to happen,
sandsman is online now   Reply With Quote