Old 07-07-2011, 10:41 AM   #301
JaxObsessed
RushMoran....... :D

Oddometer: 12,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearwaterBMW View Post
ah....
BARBARA EDEN was my FIRST CRUSH

Mine too.... A friend just recently said I wanted her to rub my lamp...

Great story and pix. Thanks.
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:47 PM   #302
staikosn1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 94
I loved the museum!!!
Keep going and enjoy riding!!!!
staikosn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:59 PM   #303
Eagletalon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 389
Mark if you get a chance visit the west coast of Florida as those beaches over there are a lot cleaner and clear

John
Eagletalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:34 PM   #304
Motomuffin
CSMC

Oddometer: 539
Loving it so far, Mark!
I have similar bittersweet feelings about the beach...
Old 07-08-2011, 12:55 AM   #305
MrKiwi
Ageing Enthusiast

Oddometer: 376
Looking forward to your pics of the launch - it's the 8th already here downunder in tomorrow land, so I have to wait an extra day to see pics
Old 07-08-2011, 05:55 AM   #306
dwj - Donnie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 13,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioman View Post
Donnie...... Might make it back to see you after the July 8th Launch. will PM you

Mark
I will be leaving July 13 for a five to six week ride of my own. Will you be through by then or after I return?
dwj - Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:11 AM   #307
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Oddometer: 5,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motomuffin View Post
I have similar bittersweet feelings about the beach...
Have spent the last 20 years as a very connected couple. So it seems to hit harder But Life is not always easy, and I will continue to draw on my faith,hope and courage to make the most of this life that I have!

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430
Radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:15 AM   #308
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKiwi View Post
Looking forward to your pics of the launch - it's the 8th already here downunder in tomorrow land, so I have to wait an extra day to see pics
MrKiwi. We are all waiting weather might not hold but we will see. Hope to get at least a few photos, but mostly it will be feeling the rumble of the rockets under my feet and actually being here!

Donnie. Looks like I will miss you down here, but maybe we can connect on your ride. I will be in Montana for Westfest July 22-24 lets be in touch :) Hugs to you buddy. Know that grief is a painful process, and you are missing Cheryl You have great memories and have shared them. Appreciate that!!

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430
Old 07-08-2011, 07:29 AM   #309
Radioman OP
Moto rider

July 7th Riding to Cocoa Beach to await the Atlantis Space Shuttle Launch

Stayed across for the beach in Flagler Beach, FL. Was great to walk the beach, smell the salt air and enjoy the beauty.

Up early to catch the sunrise and all the changing light conditions

Of course taking time to smell the flowers....

peaceful way to start my day.

Then riding the last 100 miles to Cocoa Beach where I am staying with a friend from Works Parents. Getting a chance to hang out, rest and wait for the shuttle's final launch!

Had to go have a beer at Coconuts on the beach. Carried along Max the Mascot from PowerMax and he needed a picture!

Hey Clearwater... She has her own Street. Must have been a fantasy of many boys in our generation!

Woke up and looked out my window to check on the weather.... Nice blue heron right there

Everything here is launch news.... (accept the outrage on Casey Anthony)

Weather is the big concern with over 70% chance that it will not launch today. It rained hard yesterday afternoon, but I was parked in the garage, after my drinks at Coconuts

They loaded the Astronauts into the shuttle.... they will be ready if the weather holds!! Excitement is building. They say over a million people are converging to find a spot to watch. I am taking it easy, not fighting the crowds, but will just head over the the beach to watch at 11:26am...

stopped in at the surf shop. Wow what a "stuff Mart" this place is. Jammed with merchandize for people to buy.

but this is the sign in the entryway (as long as you leave your wallet )

Just time to wait, socialize and enjoy.

Radioman screwed with this post 07-08-2011 at 07:44 AM
Old 07-08-2011, 07:39 AM   #310
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,195
Ok I know I am working on only two hours sleep this morning, and I havent read the entire thread yet, but I have re-read the first few pages a couple of times.. what happened to the F800 you bought for the trip?? What did I miss?
Old 07-08-2011, 07:43 AM   #311
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Hello MRT10x,

Still at home. Had to send the rims to Woodys wheel works to be beefed up, and ordered all the accessories to get ready. There was no time before the USA ride.... and my 1150GSA is great for the usa.

Stay tuned for the work part of the F800 GS..... and then it will head to south America with me in September.

Hard to keep track I understand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x View Post
Ok I know I am working on only two hours sleep this morning, and I havent read the entire thread yet, but I have re-read the first few pages a couple of times.. what happened to the F800 you bought for the trip?? What did I miss?

Old 07-08-2011, 07:45 AM   #312
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,195
yeah I was just impatient I am on page 10 now and I started to figure it out.. like I said.. only two hours of sleep Have a great ride, I will be following closely, I want to do the same thing in a couple of years when I retire from the Marines and start "chapter 2" of my life, or what I like to call "still refusing to grow up."
Old 07-08-2011, 08:06 PM   #313
ClearwaterBMW
The Examiner

Oddometer: 5,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioman View Post

Hey Clearwater... She has her own Street. Must have been a fantasy of many boys in our generation!

stopped in at the surf shop. Wow what a "stuff Mart" this place is. Jammed with merchandize for people to buy.

i appreciate the picture of HER OWN STREET
and.... i love ron jon
go there whenever i can

glad the shuttle went off today
7 inches of rain here on florida's WEST coast... so, i was pleasantly surprised for you and everyone else at THE CAPE
rest well, sir
love the RR
Live life like you mean it... but take your family and friends (and DOGS) along for the "ride"
ClearwaterBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 03:43 PM   #314
Radioman OP
Moto rider

More waiting and constant coverage and speculation on TV. Very cool to be here for this historic event.

My host Jim walked with me over to the beach at 11am. Not too many people here yet.

Not having been to a launch, I was not really sure what to expect. But set up cameras just in case. Not a totally blue sky day, but all the predictions of thunder/lightening and rain did not happen.

as the launch time neared the beach had many more people.

I had decided not to fight all the traffic and try to get closer as Jim and Donna said you can see it fine from the beach, and that the windows would rattle at there condo.

As we awaited it passed the expected launch time. At 31 seconds they had to check something, but we did not have any information. Then Atlantis took off! Cheer from the beach !!

TV coverage and photography is hard to beat.

My shots from the beach.

Did not take long for Atlantis to go skyward and into the clouds!!

July 9th Morning news paper had amazing photos of the launch in ways that a normal viewer could never take. They are close up with big lens..... But I can always say I was there for the final Space Shuttle Launch July 8th, 2011

Thanks to Michelle for contacting her Parents and having me be able to stay with them for the launch. We went out for dinner on my last night in Cocoa Beach!!

Thanks so much Jim and Donna for your great hospitality! really had fun talking about life, family, politics, Kids etc. Really was a great time!! Thanks!

Old 07-09-2011, 05:35 PM   #315
Solarmoose
electric

Oddometer: 688
Thanks

Hey Radioman, thanks for the pics of Barber and the launch!
Cee and I are planning to go to Barber for the vintage fest in Oct.
We're leaving Fairbanks (on bikes of course) around labor day
for a long ride around the lower 48 states. Was working on
tire strategy and thinking Birmingham AL might be a good stop
to refresh tires so thanks for that tip (and the other posters)
Sounds like you'll already be started south by labor day? I'm
reading your RR so will keep track, maybe we can meet up
as we have fam in Portland. Ride well.
David
Solarmoose is offline   Reply With Quote