Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2012, 04:48 AM   #3136
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Oddometer: 4,993
Just finished a video...... Took hours to upload and you will need to get comfortable and sit through 7+ minutes of Radioman and MoBill in India. And another video uploading right now with Khardung La pass :) You will laugh on this one....

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430
Radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:05 AM   #3137
SgtMike
facebook.com/mikeraces

Oddometer: 1,129
Cool2 Sittin' here smiling...

I'm enjoying this so much, makes my days go by a bit better! Thank you for sharing this with us Mark.

My family move is well under way, the POD is packed and the final arrangements are made. We start out Saturday morning across the US to WA. Look forward to catching you there soon!
SgtMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:10 AM   #3138
Tall Mike
TAT Rookie (planning!)

Oddometer: 542
Radioman and MoBill ride the Himalayas!! Awesome video!!

stable: '05 DL1000,'06 DL650, '99 XR600R, '03 640ADV
Tall Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:20 AM   #3139
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Oddometer: 27,360
I'll have to check the video over the weekend at another Internet connection... We are @ 75% of our monthly And still have 5 days to go...

I know it has to be good I'll watch it Friday night...

Check it from time to time as I'm always adding to it..
My Rides and life on the Farm
LadyDraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:42 AM   #3140
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Video number #2

KhardungLA pass. Video from our ride to the Highest Motorable road in the world. Hope you enjoy

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430
Old 06-06-2012, 06:16 AM   #3141
REAPER_ONE
YOU'RE DONE

Oddometer: 3,050
Hey Buddy,

Usually I just PM you my comments and encouragement but my hope is through a little peer pressure from the inmates, you add in a little more of you to this journey. I really liked the recent video pieces you did with a little video diary mixed in. For the folks who haven't had the pleasure to hang out with you, they will get a better sense of the Radioman behind the camera and typing. Every post is a gift from you but when you get a chance, please inject a little More video diary. In my prayers always. The DC / NVA / SMIBs are always lurking! Come back for a visit soon.
REAPER_ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:17 AM   #3142
Kiwi Canuck
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Awesome Ride Report

Mark, Thank you for the engaging RR, I have read every post since finding this about 2 months ago while doing research for a trip to Nicaragua.
It just keeps getting better and better, and brings back wonderful memories from my days of M/C travel in Africa, especially your latest video travelling in the truck.
I had to hitchhike with my bike north of Juba, Sudan to Nairobi which took about 2 weeks, with many long days in trucks and being dropped off in the night and taking 2 days to find out where my bike was left.
Being taken hostage for an afternoon near the border of Sudan/Uganda and thinking only about what an adventure this is, no real fear, it was just incredible to be at peace with myself, which only a traveller who has got some miles under their belt knows that feeling.
Those “moments” where I was tested, created some of the strongest memories from that trip and I see that as you travel that same sense of peacefulness is creeping into your being which comes out in your writing. Thank you for re-awaking that in me as I read your reports.
I am encouraged by the community that is here on the ADV site, and I am now officially addicted to RMRTW daily updates.

Cheers,

Kiwi Canuck (Dave)
Kiwi Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:17 AM   #3143
Venezolano
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Muy bueno ese viaje amigo

Muy bueno ese viaje amigo ......Seating in my office dreaming of the day I could make my first trip ....Keep it safe and coming my friend

Mas fotos de señoritas por favor
Venezolano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:51 AM   #3144
WRC51
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 430
Wow, when you stated that you were going to ride India " I though why would they want to ride there?" But after seeing the photos of people and places I can see why. Stunning pictures and video, Thank You.
WRC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:57 AM   #3145
DRRambler
AKA Albertastrom

Oddometer: 839
Great stuff!

Thanks for continuing to post such fantastic reports. I usually stop reading when RTW reports leave South America because that's where my interests are, but I can't wait for each installment of your adventure.

D
DRRambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:00 AM   #3146
ARun4Your$
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Thank you

Mark, why am I always speechless ? The videos you just posted rock. GF
ARun4Your$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:51 AM   #3147
Radioman OP
Moto rider

The kids protesting.

Thanks. This is what I saw....

Students lead mass rally, Hold nightlong prayer vigil
Phayul[Monday, June 04, 2012 14:37]
By Tendar Tsering

School students of TCV Suja sit on a nightlong prayer vigil for Tibetan martyrs at the Tsug-la Khang in Dharamshala on June3-4.
DHARAMSHALA, June 4: As the Dalai Lama’s three-day special teaching for Tibetan youths culminated yesterday with the conferment of Manjushri Empowerment (jamphel yang jenang), hundreds of Tibetan school and college students took part in peaceful rally for Tibet in the exile Tibetan headquarters of Dharamshala.

The rally was led by a group of school students from Tibetan Children’s Village School, Suja. The same group of around 160 students had earlier shaved their heads and sat on a 12-hour hunger fast in solidarity and support with the plight of people inside Tibet.

Following the rally, the students sat on a nightlong prayer service at the Tsug-la Khang temple, outside the residence of the Dalai Lama.

“We are organising the nightlong prayer service, coinciding with the 15th day of the Saka Dawa, for the lives lost in Tibet in the ongoing struggle for Tibet’s freedom,” Tsewang Thar, one of student leaders said.

Most of the children who participated in the series of campaigns, led voluntarily by the students during their summer holidays, are from Tibet.

Some of the students are also related to the young Tibetans who have self-immolated in Tibet in recent months demanding the return of the Dalai Lama from exile and freedom in Tibet.

Rinzin, 14, a young participant in the campaign said his father had been arrested by Chinese authorities in eastern Tibet. With very little information on the whereabouts and wellbeing of his father, Rinzin said he is constantly worried.

The school students had also held a painting exhibition, expressing in art, their first hand experience of living under Chinese occupation and repression.

“Not all feelings can be expressed in words, sometimes, feelings are expressed best through paintings,” one of the students had earlier told Phayul.

The ongoing fiery wave of self-immolations in Tibet has witnessed 38 Tibetans set their bodies on fire.

In the latest incidents of self-immolations, two young Tibetans had set themselves on fire in front of the Jokhang temple in the heart of the Lhasa, Tibet’s capital on Sunday. Three days later, a mother of three young children, passed away in her self-immolation protest in Zamthang eastern Tibet.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:55 AM   #3148
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Canuck View Post
I am encouraged by the community that is here on the ADV site, and I am now officially addicted to RMRTW daily updates.
Thanks. Always love getting comments from those of you that are following along, . And as another first post bravo!

Glad you could re-live your own adventures!

This is why adv rider and the amazing community is so important! Sharing each others adventures is awesome!

Old 06-06-2012, 08:02 AM   #3149
C-Stain
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,579

Mark!

Incredible!

I've watched those videos and they sent chills down my spine. It looks like you and MoBill had a FANTASTIC time! Keep having fun, and safe home!

C.
C-Stain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:07 AM   #3150
BadDogMax
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 153
Incredible!