Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2013, 03:35 PM   #5596
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Oddometer: 5,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDave View Post
Last evening, Julie and I were discussing your trip Mark. When I brought her up to date with your current locale, she asked if I thought it would be difficult for you to reengage the corporate life after this trip has reached the final mile. My response was,

"I doubt it. Mark just lives in the moment. When that time comes, he will transition seamlessly."
Lily and I were just speaking about this two nights ago. She insightfully asked about re-entering life back home, and thought it had to be a bit frightening

I have actually thought about this many times, there is a slight "anxiety" about the returning to start life over. But I realize that it comes one day at a time, and I have worked hard my entire life and plan to do the same for the next chapter. Not sure yet when it will be, but I will jump right in trying to do the best job possible doing whatever it is that I figure out. Truly not too worried about this.

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430
Radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:38 PM   #5597
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Stain View Post
I don't know about the rest of you - but I like to think Mark's transition "back" to the corporate world will involve a job with BMW, Touratech, KLIM or a company like Motoquest.

Not only does he have a wealth of experience, but he's got the personality for it as well.

Any offers yet, Radioman?
None yet. My concern about going to work in any Moto related business is that it might ruin the passion I have for riding if I do... So I will probably not go that way..... But I have learned never to say never.

Whatever I do, I will be doing it 100% Just ask my previous employers.....

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430
Old 09-08-2013, 03:53 PM   #5598
lfs225
Can Am Rider

Oddometer: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioman View Post
My concern about going to work in any Moto related business is that it might ruin the passion I have for riding if I do...
Now let's not start talking that kind of talk in this forum.....WORK....... Mark needs to keep riding for a couple more years, then write a book, make about 6 gazillion dollars on the book and retire to where ever he decides is the best place he has visited. Which is where, Mark?
Old 09-08-2013, 04:14 PM   #5599
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfs225 View Post
Which is where, Mark?
Not done yet ..... Will let you all know. But I will say it is not about the place as much as the people!

Old 09-09-2013, 01:28 AM   #5600
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Cape Town

Had the chance to meet up with another rider and Boyfriend near Cape Town. Riding through Cape Town in the afternoon. even with cloudy weather, Table Mountain is amazing!

Still getting my brain around Africa, as I rode south past Cape Town city, seeing the miles of "slums", Danielle said about 2 million living there.

but then, I Loved the view riding along the ocean near Kalk Bay

Met up with Danielle (kiwi) and Mike (Holland) (and Brother Ben) in Kalk Bay where they have stopped riding for a bit to work and make some $ to continue riding! They have ridden all over Africa and she has been all over the world as a solo woman rider! great meeting them, sharing stories and information

Danielle's Website is: http://motomonkeyadventures.com

A couple of her Moto monkey's...... Maybe Radioman will have one someday!

Had to laugh as we walked down for dinner. A Welcome sign..... But all the cannot do symbols.

Ordered the large Pork Ribs. Wow had no idea how many it would be. Did not even come close to finishing. It is amazing as the price as $110 Rand (about $11 USD) big changes from Australia

After dinner and more great conversation, I went out to get on my bike about 9:30 Pm. Hummm Something is missing

Now I have to admit that Jorg told me before I left...... You should take your Tank Bag off. Nothing in it of value, had it one my bike through 22 countries ..... Well. Welcome to Africa

Someone took my Tank bag

But then they took few Items inside and tossed them in the bushes. Had a couple rags, windscreen wash, Ear plugs etc. But my bag is gone Guess I should have listened to the locals...

So you live and learn. I am sure to find a new bag here in Cape Town before we start riding on Saturday. After traveling in NZ, OZ where losing stuff like this was not really an issue, I have to go back into take it all off no matter what.

Radioman screwed with this post 09-09-2013 at 03:26 AM
Old 09-09-2013, 03:23 AM   #5601
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfs225 View Post
Now let's not start talking that kind of talk in this forum.....WORK....... Mark needs to keep riding for a couple more years, ......
Ah.... I am certainly on the downhill side of my Adventure. Spent a fair bit of money to do this ride, and reality about this is clear.

The great generosity of many people that have hosted me, shared meals, beverages etc has helped, but I have also chosen to do some amazing things along the way, which cost money, but for me ..... have added greatly to my ride! .

Let's just enjoy Africa for awhile

Old 09-09-2013, 07:35 AM   #5602
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,847
Nice stuff( Africa) Mark.
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:26 AM   #5603
rjmorel
Dual Sporticus

Oddometer: 291
And of course the bike now looks like an adventure bike again.

Mark, Something is making your rear sprocket shinny and I was wondering what it was? Are you using a chain oiler? what kind?
I like the arrow on the church pointing to where you parked your bike. I think you have others watching over you other then ADVers :)))) rj
2012 Honda NC700x (Dual Sporticus) shaken ,not stirred
rjmorel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:46 AM   #5604
RobBD
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 305
Fantastic video Radioman - how cool is the fly past- specially for your benefit?
Glad to see you are having fun and enjoying that Sth African food.
Bugger about the tank bag!
RobBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:41 AM   #5605
KLR 41B
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 245
Video

Video was great! The plane flying by was awesome!
KLR 41B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:10 PM   #5606
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
Mark, Something is making your rear sprocket shinny and I was wondering what it was? Are you using a chain oiler? what kind?
I have a scottoiler on my bike. It works but a bit messy :)

Old 09-10-2013, 11:14 PM   #5607
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobBD View Post
Fantastic video Radioman - how cool is the fly past- specially for your benefit?
Glad to see you are having fun and enjoying that Sth African food.
Bugger about the tank bag!
He is a farmer in the area that rides It was great, and glad I caught it on video

Bummer on the Tank Bag for sure, as I could not get the exact replacement I liked the features on that specific bag. Oh well..... Just part of life. Cannot let it ruin the trip of take too much time of mental energy to stress about!

to you and Di!

Old 09-10-2013, 11:16 PM   #5608
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ73 View Post
Nice stuff( Africa) Mark.
Thanks. Was an awesome day

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLR 41B View Post
Video was great! The plane flying by was awesome!

Old 09-11-2013, 02:19 AM   #5609
Mr. Fisherman
PROUD 2B Riff Raff!

Oddometer: 10,662
What bag was it Mark?
Mr. Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:05 PM   #5610
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fisherman View Post
What bag was it Mark?
Hello Fishy Was a Wolfman Rainier Tank Bag. Really liked the extra pockets and storage. But no Worries, stopped by Wild @ Heart Adventure Moto Shop, and bought Express Tank Bag.