Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia > OZ Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2014, 05:21 AM   #1
ReadyRampGeoff OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Talking ReadyRamp in Australia - How do you transport your bike?

Hi everyone!
On a recent trip to the US, I was made aware of the ReadyRamp product; the combination of a quality motorcycle ramp and a ute tray extender. It was one of those moments when you think "that's a great idea...why doesn't everyone have one of those?"

Check out my website at www.readyramp.com.au and let me know what you think! If you don't mind some dodgy movie editing, the you can also check out the youtube clips at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgaJT48J8ho and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3SmP0JtGrs.

I've done trial fit and uses on a bunch of Australian vehicles...everything from Hilux's to Falcons...all with fantastic feedback from everyone that's used them.

They come in anodised Silver and e-coated Black, for $399 delivered Australia wide. Multiple and group discounts can be arranged.

If you have any questions or queries you can write here or give me a shout at geoff@readyramp.com.au

I'm really interested to hear your feedback, and see how you currently transport your bikes, especially on utes.

Cheers
Geoff
ReadyRampGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:04 PM   #2
Mosanator
DR dropper!

Oddometer: 24
Now that's one of those simple ideas that makes you wish you'd thought of it !

If I had a ute I would be getting one.
Best of Luck

Mosanator screwed with this post 06-28-2014 at 07:19 PM
Mosanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:59 AM   #3
phreakingeek
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 252
i bought my ReadyRamp nearly 10 years ago and have used it thousands of times...with many different kinds of bikes. I use it mostly for dirtbikes, but have used it to load my 1150GS and a few heavy cruisers.

You just can't beat this ramp for quality and ease of use. I have it with me in my truck at all times and have helped out stranded bikers on a number of occasions.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
-Hunter S. Thompson
phreakingeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 03:39 PM   #4
Oldfatbeerman
Big on Corner speed

Oddometer: 3,416
A word of warning . In NSW , running a ute with the tailgate down is illegal unless the number plate is as clearly visible as it is with the gate up . I have a riding buddy who was nabbed for the above offence about 6 months ago while transporting 2 bikes in the back of his dual cab Hilux . The authorities take a dim view of obstructing view of the number plate these days with the majority of income generating done via cameras .
Old 06-26-2014, 04:09 PM   #5
ReadyRampGeoff OP
Adventurer

Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfatbeerman View Post
A word of warning . In NSW , running a ute with the tailgate down is illegal unless the number plate is as clearly visible as it is with the gate up . I have a riding buddy who was nabbed for the above offence about 6 months ago while transporting 2 bikes in the back of his dual cab Hilux . The authorities take a dim view of obstructing view of the number plate these days with the majority of income generating done via cameras .
Hi Oldfatbeerman,
Unfortunately I don't disagree with you! If the cameras can't see you they're loosing revenue...oh...umm, sorry i mean "Speed cameras save lives"

Having said that, the ReadyRamp is identical to any bike carrier that is used on the back of a car; by the letter of the law, it should not obstruct the licence plates or the lights. If it does, then they need to be replicated.

Because I use the ramp all the time, I've made myself up a 'lightboard' using easily available parts from SuperCheap and Bunnings which was easy if you're familiar with a wiring diagram and a soldering iron, but you can buy these at a bunch of places like

http://www.roofrackstore.com.au/thul...mJ4lNY0XDw_wcB

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/Vehicle-P...nkw=lightboard

http://www.arkcorp.com.au/c/142/trailer-light-boards

Long term plan is that you'll be able to buy a genuine ReadyRamp lightboard but that's a while away...I'm working on it though!

Personally, I think that if you've got an auxillary plate on the ramp driving during the day, then you can argue that you've done the right thing. In fact, in all my discussions with the RTA, they have never mentioned the lights at all...only the number plate, so if necessary I have that evidence.

Hope this helps; it may seem like a bit of a hassle, but equally this is exactly the same situation as anyone with a bike carrier on the back of their car.

Cheers
Geoff
Old 06-27-2014, 02:38 AM   #6
Tiggs
Dreamin of Adventure

Oddometer: 790
Would it fit a Holden Crewman tray?

2011 Yamaha XT660R
Tiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 03:58 AM   #7
ReadyRampGeoff OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggs View Post
Hi Tiggs,
Sorry haven't managed to get to the Holden dealership yet; will endeavour to do so tomorrow morning. Will post asap.

Cheers
Geoff
Old 06-28-2014, 09:20 PM   #8
ReadyRampGeoff OP
Adventurer

Bluhduh

Quote:
HI Tiggs,
Finally got to a dealer with a 2005 Holden Crewman on display. Unfortunate news is that the tailgate wires are 1240mm apart with a hook, which means that the ramp doesn't quite open out correctly. You could still fit it like this, however it's not ideal for usual strapping technique. Equally the lower strap to latch attachment isn't going to work as intended, due to the latch type. I think this is typical for all VZ (and prior) utes. It will, however, continue to work as a great ramp though! See images below.

Good news is that the VE setup is slightly different, and although the wires are still 1240 apart, they aren't as bigger issue, as they've changed from a hook to a bolted arrangement. Also, the latch type has changed so that it easily accepts the ReadyRamp D-Type clip straps provided.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Geoff
Old 07-01-2014, 05:10 AM   #9
Tiggs
Dreamin of Adventure

Oddometer: 790
Geoff, I really appreciate it that you went and checked the fitment to a Crewman for me, and for your honesty that it doesn't fit as designed. Thank you!

2011 Yamaha XT660R
Tiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 05:15 AM   #10
ReadyRampGeoff OP
Adventurer

Talking

Quote:
Geoff, I really appreciate it that you went and checked the fitment to a Crewman for me, and for your honesty that it doesn't fit as designed. Thank you!
No problem Tiggs. The last thing I need as a new business, is unhappy customers!

Fact is that this product isn't necessarily going to be for everyone, but the reports back from those that really need/use it, is that they love it...and you can't ask for much more than that!

Cheers
Geoff
Old 07-09-2014, 06:02 PM   #11
ReadyRampGeoff OP
Adventurer

Talking One very happy customer!

If anyone was sitting on the fence and needed a nudge, check out the completely unsolicited review by one of the first Australian customers.

He is an avid trackday goer with a new Toyota Hilux and has obviously seen the benefits to being able to store another 35% worth of stuff!

Check out the full article at
http://tarmactalk.com/forum/showthre...ll=1#post11952

Cheers
Geoff
Old 07-12-2014, 02:29 AM   #12
ReadyRampGeoff OP
Adventurer

Thumb ReadyRamp on Ford Falcon

Hi Guys,
I've had some questions around the Ford Falcon fitment, that isn't like the standard 4x4 type of utes.
Basically, the latch mechanism doesn't have a 'receiver' (like most other tailgate designs) so the 'D-style clip in' style of latch won't work. If you have a look at the Youtube clip of the Navara it shows this style (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3SmP0JtGrs)

The 'work around' that I have used for the FG in the past is to use the existing tailgate wire retention strap post to attach to, however this needs to be extended outboard using a 3-4mm spacer (I just used suitable metal tubing cut to length). You can see it in black in the picture below. There is still plenty of thread engagement for the post, and it clears all body work.

For the upper attachment, it will really depend on what you have in the tray. The vehicle I had, had a tray liner which offered relatively easy attachment into the side rails, as per picture below.

The rest of the installation is perfect (height, width etc) and of course it's always a very good ramp!
Hope this helps!

Cheers
Geoff

ReadyRampGeoff screwed with this post 07-18-2014 at 10:42 PM
Old 07-15-2014, 08:08 PM   #13
ReadyRampGeoff OP
Adventurer

Thumb ReadyRamp coming to Wollongong

Hi All,
Just a quick one to let you know that ReadyRamp has it's first official stockist! City Coast Motorcycles in Wollongong will have a few on display very soon, so if you're in the area go by and say hello to Tim and check them out!

Of course, they're still available through the website if you're not in the Wollongong area...or if you are and like receiving things in the post

Cheers
Geoff
Old 07-25-2014, 10:34 PM   #14
ReadyRampGeoff OP
Adventurer

Thumb ReadyRamp Lightboard

Hey guys,
Just finished my new and improved lightboard...and decided that it was pretty good and worth an Instructables on the subject...

Yes...I have too much time on my hands

http://www.instructables.com/id/Maki...mp-Lightboard/