ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional Forums > Australia > OZ Vendors & Flea Market
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2014, 09:37 PM   #1
StayUpright OP
Witty Quip goes here

Oddometer: 170
inReach GPS Trackers massively reduced

G'day inmates, here's an offer being made, before it goes to the online store.

We have a limited number of inReach Communicators for sale at $249 These are normally $369.

The units are demo/promotional units and have been in service for one short event, they do however come with a full 12 month warranty and are generally "as new".

In the past these have been rather expensive to run, but I can advise new plans will be available from 1.11.14

Plans will be from $16.95 with no lock in contract or term. There is a one off activation fee of $29.95.

I have it on good authority that it will be possible to "suspend" plans from $4.95 per month and this should happen in the early new year. That'll be confirmed hopefully soon.

These units give you two way SMS capability as well as tracking and emergency alerting, quite a step up from the SPOT units.

As mentioned, there is a limited quantity so it really is, "first in best dressed" @ $249 delivered!

PM or call 1300 13 54 57 for details.

Cheers,

Kev
Old 11-04-2014, 05:07 PM   #2
StayUpright OP
Witty Quip goes here

The new plans have been announced.

http://www.alwaysinreach.com.au/inde...rvice/15-rates

Even better than being more flexible there is free activation until 31.12.14 saving $29.95

We've a limited number of the inReach communicator units left, a serious upgrade from Spot!
Old 02-20-2015, 01:01 PM   #3
StayUpright OP
Witty Quip goes here

Hi - sorry to say we've been smashed by the Australian dollar plummet, and prices have risen very significantly. I'd say we're still the most competitive out there - if not, let us know and we'll do our best.

Cheers,

Kev
Old 02-27-2015, 06:12 PM   #4
PK2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 312
Hi Kev, I think I've asked you this question before, I've had an inreach that I bought from the us a few years ago, but I'd like to switch the service over to you so that I can use the SMS function. What do I need to do to get this underway?
Cheers
PK
PK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 08:48 PM   #5
StayUpright OP
Witty Quip goes here

G'day PK - we can't do the connection for you I'm afraid. But it's easy to do online. Just go to

www.alwaysinreach.com.au

That site is actually run by Pivotel - their customer care number is 1300 882 448 - normal business hours only.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Kev
Old 02-28-2015, 09:17 PM   #6
PK2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 312
Thanks mate I'll check it out

PK
PK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 08:54 PM   #7
TBR
One Life ~ Live It

Oddometer: 707
Always wondering, will the Inreach communicators work over here in Mainland China incl. Tibet and Xinjiang provinces or restricted access and blocked service here in China.... just thinking loud here...
Old 03-05-2015, 03:15 AM   #8
StayUpright OP
Witty Quip goes here

Er -that's a tough one. The service is 100% global. however the US apply restrictions on a topographical basis. I don't fancy your chances in North Korea. Remember the Iridium Satellite network ALWAYS has a fair idea of your location.

The Iridium network basically went bust early on and was bailed out by the US military. At any time they may exercise their muscles - so yep iridium access is political.

GPS suffers from this politicising too. Check out GLONASS. The main reason for it to become available as an alternative - politics.

Alternatives - Inmarsat. But not fully global - almost, just not the polar regions.

Never doubt that the polies want to know with whom you are talking, when, and why.

Now, how can we serve you? :)

PS - the Chinese can't block it. Except by jamming - which they don't do. So unless there is a political US reason to deny access, it will work. It, may, however be illegal in your country of choice. And I bet you - the Chinese use the service lots!
Old 04-07-2015, 11:28 PM   #9
Portly
Plodder

Oddometer: 332
My son is heading off for an open ended tour of Australia next month and is looking for a device or devices to cover the majority of situations so we are after recommendations and reasoning.
We are currently swaying towards the Inreach Explorer as a stand alone device to cover emergency contact as well as texting, tracking and GPS needs.
He will also have a basic Telstra mobile (not smart phone) and a UHF radio.
So what do you reakon and what are the benifits over the SE model?
Portly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 06:36 AM   #10
Aussie Jase
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portly View Post
My son is heading off for an open ended tour of Australia next month and is looking for a device or devices to cover the majority of situations so we are after recommendations and reasoning.
We are currently swaying towards the Inreach Explorer as a stand alone device to cover emergency contact as well as texting, tracking and GPS needs.
He will also have a basic Telstra mobile (not smart phone) and a UHF radio.
So what do you reakon and what are the benifits over the SE model?
Hi Portly
I used an SE recently - awesome device, my understanding is the explorer provides a basic track on an LCD screen enabling you to back track.
For navigation I used an Android phone with the MapTiler App (as I already had the maps) as the App overlays a gps marker on your local stored map on your device. Other mate use the 4WD Topo Maps which works in a similar way. I also carried a spare set of Hard copy Topo Nat Maps and compass just in case the Android died.
As far as comms go UHF is handy if you know the repeater stations in use for the area.

Cheers AJ

"These brakes, they're completely inadequate."
"I'm planning on going, not stopping."
Aussie Jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 11:38 PM   #11
Portly
Plodder

Oddometer: 332
Thanks AJ, I will be looking at ordering an Inreach on Monday when I can phone Sat sales for a bit of extra info regarding subscriptions and what's in the box.
Portly is offline   Reply With Quote