User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2012, 04:33 PM   #616
Bigem
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,537
Thumb

I have clocked just on 7K on the E-07s on my F8GS and so far am extremely happy with them. I reckon they have another 3-4K left in them easily and no cracking evident.

Compared to the K60s they are substantially lighter in weight and I reckon that's half the reason they wear so well in comparison.

I have a pair of 1K E-09s in the garage but will be fitting E-07s again next time and keep the 9s for the next desert trip.
And there's no place I'd rather be!!
Bigem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:42 PM   #617
Sundowner
Bort

Oddometer: 3,565
Can anyone give a review on the Trelleborg Army Special 644 Front on sand and gravel terrain?
Say 3 Hail KLRs and recite the old Honda "skid demon" warning 3 times." - CA Stu.
Sundowner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:01 PM   #618
Phil_Fong
Labelled Extremist

Oddometer: 12,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
Can anyone give a review on the Trelleborg Army Special 644 Front on sand and gravel terrain?

ATGreg likes them .......... go back a bit and I'm sure you'll find it

BTW you pulled up behind me on the Tenere at the port traffic lights when I finished nightshift the other week.

Phil_Fong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:03 PM   #619
Phil_Fong
Labelled Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip77 View Post
G,day All.....Just back from a big ride south,Basically Kempsey NSW to Melbourne searchin, for dirt but taking the tar as needed when the daylight was heading west..Clocked up 4632 ks on the old GS 1200 2up...We were carrying 220kg ....2 riders [helmets,boots ,riding gear] camping gear....food and tools....etc......Anyhow...just postin to say the MITAS E07 [150 tubeless] rear handled the punishment exceptionally well.I,m thinking maybe half to 2/3rds worn max.
I was running a worn TKC 80 front ..It is shagged at 10k......Pics to come ........chip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigem View Post
I have clocked just on 7K on the E-07s on my F8GS and so far am extremely happy with them. I reckon they have another 3-4K left in them easily and no cracking evident.

Compared to the K60s they are substantially lighter in weight and I reckon that's half the reason they wear so well in comparison.

I have a pair of 1K E-09s in the garage but will be fitting E-07s again next time and keep the 9s for the next desert trip.

Awesome !

Old 04-20-2012, 07:43 PM   #620
Sundowner
Bort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Fong View Post
ATGreg likes them .......... go back a bit and I'm sure you'll find it

BTW you pulled up behind me on the Tenere at the port traffic lights when I finished nightshift the other week.
I thought it was you. Flick me the bird next time so I know for sure.

Re ATGreg's photo, yep, saw that. I'm hoping I can get a bit of a run down on what they handle like/mileage/pressures they like/faults in certain terrain. They certainly look aggressive enough for what I want for the front end of mine. Just wonder how they'd go on some of the local style soil.
Say 3 Hail KLRs and recite the old Honda "skid demon" warning 3 times." - CA Stu.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:18 PM   #621
Phil_Fong
Labelled Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
I thought it was you. Flick me the bird next time so I know for sure.

Re ATGreg's photo, yep, saw that. I'm hoping I can get a bit of a run down on what they handle like/mileage/pressures they like/faults in certain terrain. They certainly look aggressive enough for what I want for the front end of mine. Just wonder how they'd go on some of the local style soil.

Qld plates plus the bird gotcha !

Old 04-21-2012, 01:10 AM   #622
Sundowner
Bort

At that time of the morning, I don't watch out for number plates.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:56 PM   #623
richo360
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 831
Just had a new E09 Dakar fitted by Pablo's, interested to see how it goes this weekend, fully loaded 640 heading to the high country for a few days.
Will report back next week with pics and details on performance, grip and wear.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:05 PM   #624
The Bigfella
Big Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,379
I just picked up some new rubbers to take back to Sumatra. Same setup as I've had since early March... a new E09 for the front and a Mefo Super Explorer for the rear. Both have just over 4,500 km on them. I got 3,000 km out of my last set... but it wasn't a Mefo on the front then and the riding conditions in Timor and Flores were harder - constant acceleration then braking.

The Mefo has a bit of block chamfering from braking... I'd have left it on in Oz for a couple of thousand more km probably... but I'm heading into areas that I don't particularly want to ride on worn rubber. I've only had one decent front end slide with the E-O9 on and that was in the dry.... probably sand on the bitumen. It takes a pounding with hard braking and, as indicated with my purchase of another, I like it.

Ride through Oz and Asia
The Bigfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:35 AM   #625
speed_racer
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by richo360 View Post
Just had a new E09 Dakar fitted by Pablo's, interested to see how it goes this weekend, fully loaded 640 heading to the high country for a few days.
Will report back next week with pics and details on performance, grip and wear.
Are you coming up to jingelic?

I have had my e10's on for about 2500kms and they have been great! Only thing I found was wet Tarmac is very slippery coming outside corners...
speed_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:42 AM   #626
richo360
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed_racer View Post
Are you coming up to jingelic?

I have had my e10's on for about 2500kms and they have been great! Only thing I found was wet Tarmac is very slippery coming outside corners...
Would love to but no, only got Sat/Sun, so doing a 2 day loop through the high country.
Maybe next years' meet.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:47 AM   #627
atgreg
Africatwinarama

Oddometer: 9,992
posted on the Mitas Tyres Oz facebook page today

The following tyres are back in stock:
140/80-17 E-09 Dakar
110/80-19 E-07 Dual Sport (NEW this year)
Backorders have been shipped out and both sizes are again available.

The following tyres are in transit and expected to land at the end of June:
150/70-17 E-07 Dual Sport (NEW this year)
140/80-18 E-09 Dakar (BRAND NEW SIZE, first shipment)
100/90-19 E-07 Dual Sport (NOW TUBELESS, first shipment)

Supply is often limited on new sizes, so get your backorder in early with your local dealer to avoid disappointment!
Old 05-22-2012, 01:07 PM   #628
Sundowner
Bort

Excellent news - been waiting for a new E09 Dakar rear for mine and not on Bookface. Thanks Greg.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:55 PM   #629
speed_racer
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 704
Hey guys,

Just an update on mine, I've done over 3800km's on the E10's and the front still looks like new and the back is starting to show some signs of wear (roughly 75% left in the middle)

Im not easy on the throttle but I still think ill get around 8 to 10k out of the back.. Another chap on here who has been on the same rides eith the E09 dakar's doesnt really show any signs of wear but his on a lighter bike..

I'm up in sydney atm (with no bike unfortunately and in the CBD) but I'll take a couple of photos when i get home in a week or 2 to show you ;)
speed_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:54 AM   #630
Hill Billy
Part-time Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed_racer View Post
Hey guys,

Just an update on mine, I've done over 3800km's on the E10's and the front still looks like new and the back is starting to show some signs of wear (roughly 75% left in the middle)

Im not easy on the throttle but I still think ill get around 8 to 10k out of the back.. Another chap on here who has been on the same rides eith the E09 dakar's doesnt really show any signs of wear but his on a lighter bike..

I'm up in sydney atm (with no bike unfortunately and in the CBD) but I'll take a couple of photos when i get home in a week or 2 to show you ;)
That's a bit better than I managed.
1500 k's from the E10 rear and it was rooted.
It was the worst wearing tyre I've had on the GS
Hill Billy is offline   Reply With Quote