Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2011, 06:00 PM   #61
lentil
All round nice guy

Oddometer: 7,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by BROTOWNBOY View Post
I've an E10 on the hp2 at the moment and it's rooted after about 1500ks. Obviously had far better mileage with the E08 rear, but even the E09 lasted a lot longer on the rear. No more E10s for me thanks

Hey Pete,

I have an E-10 on the Strom at the moment and its wearing fast (its the second one) I must say after having such a good run out of e-09 dakars on the DR the E-10 is a dissapointment!

Did I read correctly you are going to make an E-07 larger to make it appealing to bike like mine? and if so will it reamin the hardwearing tyre that it always has been!

if so when are they going to hit Oz shores I have loved the E-07 and the E-09 Dakars but the E-10 is far to soft IMHO and I wont be going there again as they are bloody dear for 1500 ks of riding! - this may work in europe where 1500 ks of adv riding is quite big , but if you take the example of the TK memorial ride thats 4000ks there and back without any detours!

oh yeah and thanks for coming and answering questions it is appreciated!

Leith

Apple fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
It's the classic freudian slip... "come out of the closet, and jump into the jaccuzzi with the rest of us..."
lentil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:40 AM   #62
BROTOWNBOY
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 280
[QUOTE=Mitas;
which tyre was mounted before ?
I heard about other mileage on the HP2 .
( as well I saw a TKC 80 which was ( totally ) destroyed after 1200km on a HP2 ... in acc to this the E-10 is much better )
It would be easier to compare when I know what was mounted be4 ... and which tracks you use.

I ran the E08 on one rim and had the E09 on another. Changed wheels as needed then went with an E10 when they both wore out. My first outing on the E10 was a 1000km sealed road trip with about 36psi in hoping it would last. The first half of the trip the tyre squirmed all over the place and was well worn by the end of 1000ks .
Will probably go back to the original setup I think. BTW I run E07s on the g/s and get great mileage, just not happy with E10 at all.
BROTOWNBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:46 AM   #63
Happy Snapper
GOMOB.

Oddometer: 2,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitas View Post
Which inflation pressure was on ?
How many kīs did the tyre ?

which tyre was mounted before ?
I heard about other mileage on the HP2 .
( as well I saw a TKC 80 which was ( totally ) destroyed after 1200km on a HP2 ... in acc to this the E-10 is much better )

It would be easier to compare when I know what was mounted be4 ... and which tracks you use.

@jimkat ...
*note* ... bad business methods...
which have nothing to do with the tire brand
but perhaps with (our) terms.
I need to check it.

( pls give me also an PN about the changed policy)

Anyway ... I thank you for your postings and opinions ... That gives us the opportunity to react
OK.. E09.. 28 PSI on a fully loaded KLR. And distance around 5500 KM

Many thanks.

Never trust atoms.... they make up everything!

Read my Blog: http://snapshotsfrommark.blogspot.com.au
Happy Snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:36 AM   #64
motorcycletyres AU
Motorcycletyres Pty Ltd

Oddometer: 17
Hi everyone, just letting you all know that the 150/70B18 and 90/90B21 E-10 have landed in Melbourne. RRP is $259 and $189 respectively, available Australia-wide through your local friendly bike shop.

I'd like to address a couple of points if I may. Firstly, I can't add much to Mitas' excellent technical posts regarding compounds, but I would like to highlight the fact that the E-10 is a very different beast to the E-07/8/9 on a much deeper level than that. Beneath tread patterns and rubber recipes is the fundamental construction of the tyre, and that is where the E-10 is light years ahead. It's belted-bias carcass, at least theoretically, is far better suited for transmitting large amounts of power to a wide range of surfaces. It offers, again theoretically, the sidewall strength and all-round toughness of a crossply, but with the greater flexion, traction and stability of a radial tyre.

I say 'theoretically' because it is for you guys to decide whether these characteristics actually translate to the real world. We love the Dakars, and all the stories we hear of groups of people riding thousands of outback kilometres without a single puncture between them. But we also know that if we were riding powerful bikes, heavily loaded, at high speeds, over variable terrain, then we'd probably want to be on E-10s. There is a lot more to a tyre than 'kilometres-per-dollar of wear'.

The other point I'd like to make is regarding distribution. We've worked really hard to make Mitas tyres more accessible through regular retail channels. As many of you know, we used to sell directly. The problem was that we simply couldn't offer all the advice and service that was being asked of us, and half of the tyres were being taken to dealers for fitting anyway. More recently we have taken to referring all sales directly to dealers and subsidising freight so that every bike shop pays the same low cost. We now have over 700 dealers, in every state and territory across Australia. It is no secret that some are more helpful/friendly/greedy than others, but if your regular bloke won't get you Mitas tyres at a fair deal drop us a line and we'll line you up with someone who will. If you just want cheap internet rubber there are other brands for that.
motorcycletyres AU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:02 AM   #65
Mitas
caretaker

Oddometer: 283
Wicked ....

letīs start with Happy snapper

The regular pressure is 33psi (Dakar 40psi)
But 5500kīs sounds not so bad for a Knobbie...even with a visible white stripe in the midle after he worned out... (can be the natural rubber support layer,.. tread have different layers)

As you must know X-ply tyres "growing" during using. The faster you go the more the tyres have a peaked contoure ... Radial growing as well but not with a peak .. The "Belt" keep the tread flat... Have a look , E-10( 150/70B17) is belted ( even itīs still a crossply ) and have a smooth (should have ^^) and unfortunately fast wear ( looks like)

@BROTOWNBOY
@lentil

please help me with the date of production...
I agree.... too soft.
If the DOT is "younger" then 35th week ( September ) 2010 (3510) ... then itīs a new problem to take care about.

E-07 is ( will ) be available in following sizes

110/80-19 E-07 57T TL/TT
150/70-17 E-07 70T TL/TT
150/70-18 E-07 70T TL/TT
Old 06-27-2011, 02:08 AM   #66
lentil
All round nice guy

Quote:

But 5500kīs sounds not so bad for a Knobbie...even with a visible white stripe in the midle after he worned out... (can be the natural rubber support layer,.. tread have different layers)

As you must know X-ply tyres "growing" during using. The faster you go the more the tyres have a peaked contoure ... Radial growing as well but not with a peak .. The "Belt" keep the tread flat... Have a look , E-10( 150/70B17) is belted ( even itīs still a crossply ) and have a smooth (should have ^^) and unfortunately fast wear ( looks like)

@BROTOWNBOY
@lentil

I agree.... too soft.
If the DOT is "younger" then 35th week ( September ) 2010 (3510) ... then itīs a new problem to take care about.

110/80-19 E-07 57T TL/TT
150/70-17 E-07 70T TL/TT
150/70-18 E-07 70T TL/TT
I will look forward to the E-07

My Date is 4910

ill see if the last tyre i had taken off is still floating about and get a date offf that for you as well!

Apple fanboy

Quote:
It's the classic freudian slip... "come out of the closet, and jump into the jaccuzzi with the rest of us..."
Old 06-27-2011, 02:09 AM   #67
Luushen
Victorian

Oddometer: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by lentil View Post
I will look forward to the E-07

best rear tyre i ever owned

Luushen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:18 AM   #68
lentil
All round nice guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luushen View Post
best rear tyre i ever owned
Yeah I have run three on the back of the DR as well as E-09 dakars and I have really enjoyed them - I hope it translates into the bigger tyre if they wear like the old e-07 and have the same level of grip - ill be as happy as larry

Apple fanboy

Quote:
Old 06-27-2011, 02:39 AM   #69
Mitas
caretaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lentil View Post
Yeah I have run three on the back of the DR as well as E-09 dakars and I have really enjoyed them - I hope it translates into the bigger tyre if they wear like the old e-07 and have the same level of grip - ill be as happy as larry
ok...
4910 is quite young
I will check the changes who are made for 2011
Old 06-27-2011, 03:11 AM   #70
Mitas
caretaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcycletyres AU View Post
Hi everyone, just letting you all know that the 150/70B18 and 90/90B21 E-10 have landed in Melbourne. RRP is $259 and $189 respectively, available Australia-wide through your local friendly bike shop.

I'd like to address a couple of points if I may. Firstly, I can't add much to Mitas' excellent technical posts regarding compounds, but I would like to highlight the fact that the E-10 is a very different beast to the E-07/8/9 on a much deeper level than that. Beneath tread patterns and rubber recipes is the fundamental construction of the tyre, and that is where the E-10 is light years ahead. It's belted-bias carcass, at least theoretically, is far better suited for transmitting large amounts of power to a wide range of surfaces. It offers, again theoretically, the sidewall strength and all-round toughness of a crossply, but with the greater flexion, traction and stability of a radial tyre.

I say 'theoretically' because it is for you guys to decide whether these characteristics actually translate to the real world. We love the Dakars, and all the stories we hear of groups of people riding thousands of outback kilometres without a single puncture between them. But we also know that if we were riding powerful bikes, heavily loaded, at high speeds, over variable terrain, then we'd probably want to be on E-10s. There is a lot more to a tyre than 'kilometres-per-dollar of wear'.

The other point I'd like to make is regarding distribution. We've worked really hard to make Mitas tyres more accessible through regular retail channels. As many of you know, we used to sell directly. The problem was that we simply couldn't offer all the advice and service that was being asked of us, and half of the tyres were being taken to dealers for fitting anyway. More recently we have taken to referring all sales directly to dealers and subsidising freight so that every bike shop pays the same low cost. We now have over 700 dealers, in every state and territory across Australia. It is no secret that some are more helpful/friendly/greedy than others, but if your regular bloke won't get you Mitas tyres at a fair deal drop us a line and we'll line you up with someone who will. If you just want cheap internet rubber there are other brands for that.
youīre absolutely right ...

There is a lot more to a tyre than 'kilometres-per-dollar of wear'. ...

It offers, again theoretically, the sidewall strength and all-round toughness of a crossply, but with the greater flexion, traction and stability of a radial tyre.

The belted tyre is radial and Cross-ply in a body....
Old 06-27-2011, 03:13 AM   #71
Happy Snapper
GOMOB.

Oddometer: 2,079
Quote:

@BROTOWNBOY
@lentil

I agree.... too soft.

110/80-19 E-07 57T TL/TT
150/70-17 E-07 70T TL/TT
150/70-18 E-07 70T TL/TT
Haven't got the "white stripe" yet so will keep running for a while.

Many thanks.

Never trust atoms.... they make up everything!

Read my Blog: http://snapshotsfrommark.blogspot.com.au
Happy Snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:19 AM   #72
sidetrack one
Boss STAG

Oddometer: 5,009
I'm loving the EO7 on the Ten 12, 5000ks so far and maybe half worn. Had a TKC fitted from new, but have found no terrain that the TKC has an advantage over the EO7, and I've done some pretty shitty stuff!
Attached Images

sidetrack one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:30 AM   #73
davorallyfan
Commonist

Oddometer: 15,698
Mitas tyres are popular here

The rears are tops the fronts could be better.
davorallyfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:40 AM   #74
chadams
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidetrack bob View Post
I'm loving the EO7 on the Ten 12, 5000ks so far and maybe half worn. Had a TKC fitted from new, but have found no terrain that the TKC has an advantage over the EO7, and I've done some pretty shitty stuff!
HI Bob are you running tubes with those?
Old 06-27-2011, 03:58 AM   #75
guzzimike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcycletyres AU View Post
We now have over 700 dealers, in every state and territory across Australia. It is no secret that some are more helpful/friendly/greedy than others, but if your regular bloke won't get you Mitas tyres at a fair deal drop us a line and we'll line you up with someone who will. If you just want cheap internet rubber there are other brands for that.
Can you tell us how many of these actually stock your tyres?
(As opposed to "ordering them in" with a sigh)
edit. And we were buying your rubber cheap on the internet, and fitting 'em ourselves, until you set up another level of parasites (whoops, sorry, dealers) and the price went up.
And availability went down.
Great tyres but.

East is East & West is West 2008
http://www.advrider.com/forums/ad.php?t=400050
A Long Weekend 2009
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=523893
All the Way to Nowhere & Back Again. 2010
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=619683

Save 5 bucks on your Smugmug, use my discount code
hQo9Atub1N9jg

guzzimike screwed with this post 06-27-2011 at 06:31 AM
guzzimike is offline   Reply With Quote