User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2005, 08:12 PM   #1
Reprobate OP
Sarcasm Loading....

Oddometer: 6,295
Experience with Stadler gear?

I am thinking of replacing my RevIt Torsion jacket with the Stadler Dream GTX jacket.
Goretex, good fit, good protection, 10 year warranty[!], and good reflection [the reflective white is greyblack in daylight]:

They are not cheap though - the Dream GTX is 540€ - but the quality is Rukka/BMW. They used to make BMW clothing before BMW ordered their suits from Asia and make/made the German motorcycle police gear. Also, the 10 year warranty is twice that of Rukka.

Anyone have experience with Stadler gear?
I write the Amsterdam Assassin Series (suspense fiction), if you want to know more or support me by buying my work, please check out my website Tao of Violence and blog Amsterdam Assassin Series for news and links to the ebooks.
Reprobate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 08:20 PM   #2
Mack
Gone, but never forgotten. RIP, Mack...

Oddometer: 3,797
I have a pair of their pants, best garment I have ever owned, but luckily it was a gift, I certainly can't afford Stadler buying with the US dollar.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:00 AM   #3
Tim
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,358
i have wanted a made to measure Stadler ever since that bastige Mack told me about them.

Hi Mack
Old 09-16-2005, 03:45 AM   #4
Mack

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTiM
i have wanted a made to measure Stadler ever since that bastige Mack told me about them.

Hi Mack
Hey Tim,

Custon Stadler, man I would have to break into my pension to afford that. Still I really want the airjackt (can't remember the actual name) so bad, but I don't think Helimot is even importing Stadler stuff to the USofA anymore. Not that I can afford it.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:02 AM   #5
Tim
Beastly Adventurer

Sure is big $$$

Almost got a Darrien once, if I was in a position to spend that type of money I think I would go that bit further and get the Stadler now.

Hey Reprobate, your pics of the Dream GTX make it look much better than the pics on the Stadler 'site!

Go on - you know you want it

And if you do don't forget to tell us what you think of it.

Tim screwed with this post 09-16-2005 at 06:09 AM
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 04:03 PM   #6
Reprobate OP
Sarcasm Loading....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTiM
Hey Reprobate, your pics of the Dream GTX make it look much better than the pics on the Stadler 'site!
The days of being a male model are a few years in the past, but I'm glad I'm still a sight for sore eyes...

Whatever jacket I will buy, I will post a review. I'm vain that way...
I write the Amsterdam Assassin Series (suspense fiction), if you want to know more or support me by buying my work, please check out my website Tao of Violence and blog Amsterdam Assassin Series for news and links to the ebooks.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:27 AM   #7
Tim
Beastly Adventurer

Old 09-19-2005, 05:56 PM   #8
Mack

Sure want to read the review, I really like the pants and would love to add the jacket.

So there is a custom option as well, damn, broke again!

Old 09-23-2005, 09:11 AM   #9
Reprobate OP
Sarcasm Loading....

I'm waiting, I'm waiting...

I need a size 60, which has to be ordered. A shop in Zeist has ordered it for me - they have a discount week [19-24 September], but the jacket is still not in. They told me sizes 58 and up are +10%, but they will give me a 15% discount because it's not my fault the jacket isn't in the store this discount week.
Sooo, 540€ + 10% = 594€ - 15% = 504.90€

I'm not that impatient - it's lovely weather so I'm wearing my leathers...
Old 09-28-2005, 11:44 PM   #10
Reprobate OP
Sarcasm Loading....

Well, the weather turned autumn wet, but I got a call from the shop that the Stadler jacket is in. So I'm going to pick it up today or tomorrow. I'll get my wife to make some pictures and write you a review.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:50 AM   #11
Reprobate OP
Sarcasm Loading....

I got it yesterday and took some pictures, see this gallery:
Reprobate's Stadler Dream GTX pictures

I got it for 500€. Not much of a review, except that it fits well. And from the pictures you can see that the finish is excellent. The venting on the sleeves and chest cool the goretex membrane, so they can remain open during summer rainstorms. And the details show that Stadler puts a lot of thought into the design - adjustable collar with some sort of neoprene, zipped and velcroed sleeves, three deep pockets [inside, between the zippers, and outside], two under the belt, a reverse zipper down the front, extra covering of the top and bottom of the main zipper with velcro patches so the flaps will not hang loose when the jacket is unzipped, etcetera.

The seller has a riding school - he uses a rugged IXS [I think the 900€ Matrix] for the 80,000 kilometers he rides as an instructor, but his private jacket is the Stadler Dream because it is more comfortable [but less 'rugged'], and classier [his opinion].

Reprobate screwed with this post 09-30-2005 at 05:12 AM
Old 09-30-2005, 05:04 AM   #12
Slimie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reprobate
I got it yesterday and took some pictures, see this gallery:
Reprobate's Stadler Dream GTX pictures
Looks good, but why is there lace around the upper arms and over your chest? To soften that rufty tufty biker image?

Cheers

-Simon
Slimie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 05:14 AM   #13
Reprobate OP
Sarcasm Loading....

That's just in the pictures, darling...

The reflective band shows up bright silverwhite.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:02 AM   #14
GSaar
Representing Deutschland

Oddometer: 211
Stadler

I bought the Airway GTX jacket 3 years ago after reading a test in "Motorrad" in which the Airway did very well. This spring I got the matching pants. I'm very happy with the suit, it's extremely versatile, very well made (still have 7 years warranty left ), fits me perfectly and crashes well. I went down hard on the Trans Labrador Highway at about 70 MPH last year, the right sleeve opend up about 5cm close to the wrist on the side were my glove was split open and I had a broken finger. Other than that you couldn't see a thing on the jacket. Of course I don't know exactly how I went down and what parts of the jacket were stressed, but I feel very secure putting the Stadler gear on.

The pants are just awesome, love the fit and finish.

The only downside is that it takes pretty long to put the jacket on with the additional zippers and buttons of the GoreTex liner and it is a bit on the heavy side. So for trips to the grocery store I'll take my beat up Hein Gericke.

Old 10-03-2005, 07:25 PM   #15
Reprobate OP
Sarcasm Loading....

I bought mine on Thursday, posted a review on Friday, on Saturday three mates from the bmwgsclub.nl forum went to the same shop and bought the Dream GTX jacket...

Damn, I should've asked commission...